Theatre of War Screenshots

flintlock

Originally posted by KiloAlpha4:

are you serious....another thing for the bug fix wish list...enough with releasing beta's for sale.

Kilo, yes there is a bug, but it's different than you think. The guys with red crosses on their helmets should have been removed from play as well. There is a whole bunch of reasons why we have removed medics, first and foremost realism reasons (but some gameplay related stuff, too).

Martin

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were almost no medics in frontlines in Easter Front. Sides were not as "merciful" as in the Western Front, medics were treated as normal soldiers and shot at sight.

So, I think TOW is right not to include them.

@ flintlock.

Do you take the creens while playing ie not paused ? Just wondering as i dont usually have time in battles to mess with pics and pause shoves a great big GAME PAUSED in the middle of the screen.

@Moon

Most forums for games with good visuals where people will want to post screens usually have a screenshot section. Helps promote your game to the people who just want to see the screens and dont want to pile through lots of posts. Just an idea.

Steve

Let `em come!

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1355/tow1go9.jpg' alt='tow1go9.jpg'>

tow2vz4.jpg

This coverless poor fellow...

tow31ye0.jpg

...turns into the hero of the day!

tow41hz3.jpg

We regret to inform you...

tow51qn7.jpg

...that your sons died in the glorious struggle for Russia, defending a ... gas station. :-(

Thought I would put up a couple of pics from the end of the German 3rd mission, most of my men stayed behind in the trenches to give covering fire but I took a few brave fellows from my veteran squads with IVCs to clear the last Russians dug in around the train station. Felt like a fittingly dramatic end to a fun mission.

Unteroffizier Winkle leads those of his squad who aren't too wounded to bear arms effectively into the train station with Panzer IVC support, don't lose your head now lads.

untitled.jpg

Gave most of the squad that was involved in the assault Iron Cross 2nd class after this (10 or so men from two squads combined, rest had to stay back, no point risking wounded soldiers.)

They got a nasty surprise of 5 or 6 Russian soldiers dug in a a courtyard behind the station, but they still stormed it under fire and managed to get a few grenades over the bushes, brave lads. tongue.gif

Victor and the vanquished

untitled2.jpg

[ April 22, 2007, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: MyCoCo ]

posted by stone75:

flintlock.

Do you take the creens while playing ie not paused?

Normally I do, yes. As I'm scanning the battlefield, if I see a scene unfolding that I think may make a decent screenshot, I'll quickly take it. During some heated battles though, my screenshot folder is often empty at the end. ;)

These are really nice shots flint, really envious of your skybox and weather in general tongue.gif I have only had pretty dull weather so far. Do you have the grass settings to 'Very thick'? Looks really nice, lush.

As a side note, you said you take shots unpaused? Do you get some stuttering and a brief freeze afterwards?

I have to take all my shots paused so something doesn't go awry when I am doing it as it goes as it just locks up until the shot is taken, so I end up having to crop the 'game paused' out.

Unless there is a way to turn that off?

I can see a polish units here! :D

Heh, but I can see that the game will need a little skin pack for Polish units... I wrote mail to support center, I got even answer, but I can see nothing was made with diffrent models of cammo for Poland ;)

Anyone have tried to mod something ?

Hi CoCo, thanks for the compliment.

Yes, I do have grass set to very thick. With respect to a brief freeze after taking a screenshot; luckily I don't experience that phenomenon. Sometimes I'll click F12 in quick succession to increase my chance of getting a decent action shot, and even then there is absolutely no discernable pause. Unfortunately I don't think you're able to hide that pause message like you can other parts of the interface (it would be nice though).

Cheers,

flintlock

"Tommy in se garden, 12 o`clock!"

tow11ee9.jpg

"Oh,oh."

tow21nq3.jpg

tow32av8.jpg

"Bloody hell that was close!"

tow42ym1.jpg

"Verdammt, where is sis Kerl? I mast have seeing sings. Shall wi call for reinforsments, Herr Hauptmann?"

"No, if ser wos one, sis guy is gone. Let`s head beck to Berlin."

tow22cn3.jpg

"I coult swear I saw somesing."

"Wot part of beck to Berlin yu didn`t anderstend? Now shut ap end draif! My Frieda waits wis dinner. I better don`t be leit, or not even sis silly excuse wis se Tommy can save me."

"But ser wos one!"

"Woult you ...pleas? If I haf to listen to sis crap until wi are hom, I better shoot you nau!"

"Wot was sat sound?"

"You idiot hit a mine!"

tow1ts3.jpg

"Now wi can walk beck to Berlin. Frieda will kill me. ...And sen I will kill you!"

Okay I have a new problem. My Screenshots are not in really any format. For example I get this:

Invalid format (jpg|gif|png|bmp|tif)

My screenshot names in my folder say this:

grab_2007_4_21_17_53_31_62

So how do I fix this, cause I got some great screenies I want to post.