Not much action on forum

merry

I have been with BFC before the release of CMBO,

like late 1999, and there was 10X's the number of

posts inanticipation of that unknown, which turned

out to be the best WW2 game series ever...still is! This lack of posting shows a small level of in

terest. Anyone know why? Are there too many games?

I hope this game is great, but when I here that it

is not like CM or that is simply a "bridge" game,

or that it is more like "Close Combat", I start to wonder.....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, so you've been with/following BFC since the beginning? And you just now registered with the forum a few days ago and this is your very first post. Interesting!

Hey btw, anybody remember that song that Henry Rollins did awhile back. I think it was called...

liar_usa.gif

:D

I too was around in the beginings of CM with the demo to CM overwhelming me. I also spent time away from forums and often lost or forgot my username when changing to new PC,s etc. Why do so many posts get higjacked with pointless remarks and flames around here. No wonder the forums are quiet....too many smartarses!

BFC should do something about it but they are busy, why should the few, stop people wanting to be a part of a game comunity to support a game where constructive criticism helps progress. Feels more like a FPS chatroom sometimes.

Originally posted by merry:

I have been with BFC before the release of CMBO,

like late 1999, and there was 10X's the number of

posts inanticipation of that unknown, which turned

out to be the best WW2 game series ever...still is! This lack of posting shows a small level of in

terest. Anyone know why? Are there too many games?

I hope this game is great, but when I here that it

is not like CM or that is simply a "bridge" game,

or that it is more like "Close Combat", I start to wonder.....

what's up with

your text editor? Do

you type out your comments

in Notepad and then

cut and paste?

I think folks have known

that the game is more

akin

to CC than CM for years

and years from the gameplay

description.

As for lack of

prerelease interest

in ToW I cannot answer

that question, but

if

true

then you have a point.

Could it be that

the developers are

Russian and

BF is coming late to the

promotion stage of ToW?

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Hmmm, so you've been with/following BFC since the beginning? And you just now registered with the forum a few days ago and this is your very first post. Interesting!

Hey btw, anybody remember that song that Henry Rollins did awhile back. I think it was called...

liar_usa.gif

:D

I too have read the forums here for many years. Always afraid to dip my toe in the forum waters until I finally did a couple of years ago.

I also agree that the first thing many people do here is instantly flame. This is the main reason I am such an infrequent poster here. I think the Boards have been allowed to be hijacked by certain members of the self proclaimed in-crowd.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I take the blunt and maybe rude manner on the boards to be the chosen style of a functioning community. I mean, look, who knows what service is really being performed by the PENG thread, but clearly things could be far more Monty Python than they are. "That rabbit's dynamite!"

You have to have a certain amount of information released to encourage posting, and the bulk of that has been third party rumour rather than fact. Quite frankly it's reached the point that I think the less we discuss the game the better. And that will remain the case until the release of the demo, when we really will have something to talk about. Expect this forum to become much more active then.

To answer the OP, in 1999/2000 Steve/Charles were on here constantly holding an on-going dialog. You see anyone here from C1 holding an on-going dialog? I don't. So what we're left with is a bunch of questions with no answers until the game and/or demo is released. Anyone posting a question that has been posed before is going to be met with "Do a Search!"

So here we are...

Originally posted by onodoken:

It used to be "grogs" and "grouchy old farts" (like me) lightly flaming nOObs, nowadays it's just plain rudeness and forum trolls all around.

Yeah! Lets flame some noobs!

Hmm... but there isn't a lot of action on the forum, and in fact the game isn't even out.

I know...

The 75mm gun on the T-34 is totally unrealistic. Do the developers have something against the Russians! I think they must. The Panzers fire so much faster, and their shots go faster too! What's with that?

My favorite tactic from CM doesn't work either. And I know CM is realistic, so it must be a problem with ToW. I set up a scenario myself, for some scientific testing, and even 50! jeeps in a rush didn't win!

Get a grip, I don't think this merry fella is gonna lose any sleep because I jokingly called him a "liar". It's just another pointless thread that should be flamed. Hell, what's next, how about a "Is the grass green in ToW?" thread.

And about this in-crowd you say I'm in. Listen, fellas, I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I flame pointless threads. :D

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

And about this in-crowd you say I'm in. Listen, fellas, I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I flame pointless threads. :D

Well, I'm Michael Dorosh....yes, that Michael Dorosh...and I gotta tell you fellows, I like what I'm hearing. But I gotta be honest...could use some more flames.

Looks like 'forum fatigue' to me. BFC's got a laundry list of outstanding-looking games that people have been waiting - and waiting - and waiting for scraps of information to keep their interest alive.

Actually, this ToW forum's got it better than most! Real-live game screenshots. Working game website. The Russian version released so something to talk about. Troll on over to the 'Modern Naval Battles" forum if you want to see what a dead forum looks like! :eek:

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Looks like 'forum fatigue' to me. BFC's got a laundry list of outstanding-looking games that people have been waiting - and waiting - and waiting for scraps of information to keep their interest alive.

Actually, this ToW forum's got it better than most! Real-live game screenshots. Working game website. The Russian version released so something to talk about. Troll on over to the 'Modern Naval Battles" forum if you want to see what a dead forum looks like! :eek:

I have to agree with Mick. For lack of a better word, boredom, and a basic lack of real insightful information from the dev's on a daily basis, the forum has now come down to this. Granted BFC has better things to do then give update's everyday, but most forums that I am part of eventually end up this way until demo release, then all is civil again. Me on the other hand I could give a **** less. You get flamed, you give it back the same way. I think Meatetr is just blowing off a little steam is all and his comments are again being blown out of porportion.

[ November 02, 2006, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: whaco ]