How Rude!

THE SAME Sabot

I'm sure normal service will resume shortly!

Now if we were to compare the merits of the Barmy Army (civillised warm beer drinkers) v Aussie Possie (cold lager fanatics) we could bring this thread back from the brink

Originally posted by Sammy_Davis_Jnr:

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the german army in general was a cut above the rest (allies) due mostly to a flexible military system and training that encouraged initiative. to put it down to the weapons used is folly "Michael" .. the allies knew of the poor performance of there troops (with the exception of there elites 82nd airbourne ect) the reason the

allies won was through material saturation (in case of the western allies) and sheer numbers, material and skilled generals(russias case) ..

i apologizes admin, yet you did state "i think" which takes away the certainty of your judgement, thus why i considered it a speculation. If u have proof them by all means ban trouble makers.

- Hitori kyo

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Without any statistical analysis, it has been suggested that the average IQ of the forum regulars surpasses any national median - not because CM makes you smart, but because the type of game that CM is attracts smarter people. I have no way of knowing if this is true, but a look at the people whom I interact with every day here suggests I would not be surprised to learn that it is.
Implicit in many, many of the posts here is the notion that some of you are smarter than the other forum members. Upon deepest reflection, let me direct our readers to this thread, one that I believe purported to demonstrate the intellectual prowess of folks from the other forums, the "gifted:"

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=011671;p=1

Having perused the thread carefully, let me humbly submit that my mechanic knows as much about automobile engines as anyone who posted to it knows about military weaponry. Don't get me wrong, the guy is a true master of the details of his craft and earns every nickle that I pay him. That said, his is not rocket science. I'm not sure whether or not he even graduated from high school.

Your hobby, in general, does not make you smarter than folks from other walks of life, and your relentless devotion to the avenue of gaming which you have chosen affords you no more gift for reason than devotees of some other product, not one iota. I don't expect anyone to acknowledge the salient truth therein, but this presumptive assertion of superiority does not flatter. It does not does not suit the form as so presented.

PoE

[ October 10, 2006, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Prince of Eckmühl ]

Originally posted by Hitori Kyo:

the german army in general was a cut above the rest (allies) due mostly to a flexible military system and training that encouraged initiative. to put it down to the weapons used is folly "Michael" .. the allies knew of the poor performance of there troops (with the exception of there elites 82nd airbourne ect) the reason the

allies won was through material saturation (in case of the western allies) and sheer numbers, material and skilled generals(russias case) ..

Prove it. Not that winning by "material saturation" (whatever that means) invalidates the statement that the Allies had as many "good soldiers" (whatever that means) as the Waffen SS...

Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Without any statistical analysis, it has been suggested that the average IQ of the forum regulars surpasses any national median - not because CM makes you smart, but because the type of game that CM is attracts smarter people. I have no way of knowing if this is true, but a look at the people whom I interact with every day here suggests I would not be surprised to learn that it is.

Implicit in many, many of the posts here is the notion that some of you are smarter than the other forum members. Upon deepest reflection, let me direct our readers to this thread, one that I believe purported to demonstrate the intellectual prowess of folks from the other forums, the "gifted:"

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=011671;p=1

Having perused the thread carefully, let me humbly submit that my mechanic knows as much about automobile engines as anyone who posted to it knows about military weaponry. Don't get me wrong, the guy is a true master of the details of his craft and earns every nickle that I pay him. That said, his is not rocket science. I'm not sure whether or not he even graduated from high school.

Your hobby, in general, does not make you smarter than folks from other walks of life, and your relentless devotion to the avenue of gaming which you have chosen affords you no more gift for reason than devotees of some other product, not one iota. I don't expect anyone to acknowledge the salient truth therein, but this presumptive assertion of superiority does not flatter. It does not does not suit the form as so presented.

PoE </font>

Sigrun,

Indeed, you persist in calling me a nazi despite my making it totally clear that I despise the nazis, everything they stood for and everything they did.
There is an old saying in English... "If the shoe fits, wear it". You have expressed opinions, in great detail and with extreme consistency, that are Nazi apologist at best, outright neo-Nazi at worst. If your thinking, as expressed directly by you, doesn't make you fit at least the apologist definition then NOBODY fits it. So it is your opinion that you are being picked on unfairly, it is my opinion that you are being confronted for your views quite reasonably. If you don't like the criticism, perhaps you should rethink your core beliefs.

Your options are as follows:

1. Drop the neo-Nazi sympathizing rhetoric and instead concentrate on discussing game stuff (though you seem to find a way of mixing the two together anyway).

2. Go away and hang out with skinheads and find out that you in fact have more in common with their views than you appear to think.

3. Continue to stick to your point of view and therefore continue to attract criticism for it. If you are afraid of defending yourself, then you should try going with the other options.

Steve

[ October 10, 2006, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]

Excuse me Michael Dorosh

you state:

I don't know, but I hope you gave the buggers a good British-style thrashing, six of the best, trousers down!

Well Michael Dorosh we are Australians...its like saying Canadians are Americans...the only style thrashing we give out is an Aussie one.

Also i dont care if we faced the SS or not ... we faced Rommel and let me tell the Australian 9th division pulled his pants down and gave him a yours truly from down under spankeeroony.

--------------------------

Of this fighting the British official report on the Battle of Alamein states: "The Ninth Australian Division put up a magnificent effort. They fought themselves and the enemy to a standstill, till flesh and blood could stand no more. Then they went on fighting."

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Sigrun,

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Indeed, you persist in calling me a nazi despite my making it totally clear that I despise the nazis, everything they stood for and everything they did.

There is an old saying in English... "If the shoe fits, wear it". You have expressed opinions, in great detail and with extreme consistency, that are Nazi apologist at best, outright neo-Nazi at worst. If your thinking, as expressed directly by you, doesn't make you fit at least the apologist definition then NOBODY fits it. So it is your opinion that you are being picked on unfairly, it is my opinion that you are being confronted for your views quite reasonably. If you don't like the criticism, perhaps you should rethink your core beliefs.

Your options are as follows:

1. Drop the neo-Nazi sympathizing rhetoric and instead concentrate on discussing game stuff (though you seem to find a way of mixing the two together anyway).

2. Go away and hang out with skinheads and find out that you in fact have more in common with their views than you appear to think.

3. Continue to stick to your point of view and therefore continue to attract criticism for it. If you are afraid of defending yourself, then you should try going with the other options.

Steve </font>

You know what i dont get?

Citizens from the Allied side say the UK or US and even Australia take up German and Nazi profile names.

I would feel ashamed to to do that, my grandfather and great uncles fought in WW2 in Nth Africa and they would roll in their graves if i took a Wermact or Nazi profile..even if it be a game.

Alot of men from Australia died to protect those who could not from a dictator and army that savaged Europe and Africa. It saddens me when an Aussie does this.

I think its a little disresptful..escpecially if your Ancestors sacrificed so much.

---------------------

Lest we forget

----------------------------------

Originally posted by Sammy_Davis_Jnr:

[QB] Excuse me Michael Dorosh

you state:

I don't know, but I hope you gave the buggers a good British-style thrashing, six of the best, trousers down!

Well Michael Dorosh we are Australians...its like saying Canadians are Americans...the only style thrashing we give out is an Aussie one.

It's a Blackadder reference. Your humour gene appears to have been disabled.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sigrun:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hitori Kyo:

im seriously considering it, i dont wish to play with people of this caliber

- Hitori kyo

Have to say I'm beginning to feel the same way. For some reason I assumed the kind of people who play these tac games were a cut above the usual teenage FPS-whoring retards, but after some of the comments in another thread in the CMBB forum I've revised that assumption. </font>

Originally posted by Sigrun:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Only we can know how funny it is when Kettler comes along and Sigrun pisses his pants thinking he's found an ally, cutting loose with "Finally, somebody objective who makes some sense." LOL!

:D

And he even called Andreas an insecure Russian... smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sigrun:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Only we can know how funny it is when Kettler comes along and Sigrun pisses his pants thinking he's found an ally, cutting loose with "Finally, somebody objective who makes some sense." LOL!

:D

And he even called Andreas an insecure Russian... smile.gif </font>

Sigrun,

I don't wanna do this. But my grandfather being executed on april 20th 1945 near a roadside on the way back from Auswitz as one of 6.000.000 I feel obligated to make my feelings clear to you.

The SS was created to guard the concentration camps, there were special requirements to serve in the SS, like proving your bloodlines are pure and all.

With pointless resistance near the end of the war they prolonged and intensified the suffering of their captives, german civilians and the russian military.

I utterly despise the SS and anyone who tries to make them look better than a bunch of loons and murderers.

Quote from Sigrun:

"Nor does believing, as a fact, that the Waffen-SS were the best soldiers the world has ever seen, regardless of their political (and irrelevant) ideology, such as it was re the typical and average soldier."

Those guys where or pure evil or utterly insane or a mix of those. Their political ideology isn't irrelevant, it's the core of their identity.

Plus you have offended my intelligence with your "believing as a fact". You don't have to believe facts, you have to accept them. Unveriviable BS like your ubersoldier-theory, that's what needs believing.

Originally posted by Sickie:

Sigrun,

I don't wanna do this. But my grandfather being executed on april 20th 1945 near a roadside on the way back from Auswitz as one of 6.000.000 I feel obligated to make my feelings clear to you.

The SS was created to guard the concentration camps, there were special requirements to serve in the SS, like proving your bloodlines are pure and all.

With pointless resistance near the end of the war they prolonged and intensified the suffering of their captives, german civilians and the russian military.

I utterly despise the SS and anyone who tries to make them look better than a bunch of loons and murderers.

Quote from Sigrun:

"Nor does believing, as a fact, that the Waffen-SS were the best soldiers the world has ever seen, regardless of their political (and irrelevant) ideology, such as it was re the typical and average soldier."

Those guys where or pure evil or utterly insane or a mix of those. Their political ideology isn't irrelevant, it's the core of their identity.

Plus you have offended my intelligence with your "believing as a fact". You don't have to believe facts, you have to accept them. Unveriviable BS like your ubersoldier-theory, that's what needs believing.

I'm sorry to hear that happened to your grandfather. As in any military force there are always a few bad apples, and the Waffen-SS had it's fair share (probably more than fair actually).

Regardless of that, you need to distinguish between the Allgemeine SS (concentration-camp scum) and the Waffen-SS (front-line combatants). Yes, there was an unfortunate overlap in the case of some Totenkopf personnel, but that's an exception that proves no revisionist BS rule.

Most Waffen-SS members were drawn by the elite status rather than the overt nazi ideology. They were certainly more influenced by the SS esprit-de-corps than nazism, and it's from that influence they garnered their fearsome combat efficiency, most often in the face of heinously overwhelming odds.

Victor's History tried to ensure the Waffen-SS was denied it's rightful plaudits, but current western historians are now giving up on that BS. Books, TV, movies, video games, all feature the Waffen-SS in non-demonic roles.

They were, in the main, soldiers just like any other soldiers, fighting for their country and doing their duty, as any soldier should. The fact they did it so much better than any other country's elite force is what sticks in so many peoples' craws.

Originally posted by Sigrun:

Regardless of that, you need to distinguish between the Allgemeine SS (concentration-camp scum) and the Waffen-SS (front-line combatants). Yes, there was an unfortunate overlap in the case of some Totenkopf personnel, but that's an exception that proves no revisionist BS rule.

Seems the Waffen SS were almost as busy as the Allgemaine SS, or SD:

http://members.iinet.com.au/~gduncan/massacres.html

The fact they did it so much better than any other country's elite force is what sticks in so many peoples' craws.
Have you got examples of Waffen SS facing off the elite Allied Divisions and 'doing better' or are you merely speculating?

I'd love to see some examples.

Sigrun,

"Elite status" is a very dodgy word in this respect. I hold anyone joining a group where bloodlines play a roll in being elite responsible for at least not thinking about and probably agreeing with one of the foulest ideologies ever.

Sure there where Gunther Grass-like cases, especially near the end of the war, those where maybe not pure evil but like I said utterly insane. You admit the overlap between the allgemeine and waffen ss yourself. You think your avarage friendly, innocent heart and mind conquering ss soldier didn't know what was happening? That they didn't had to get involved?

The SS was founded in 1929 as bodyguards for Adolf Hitler. How can you make a difference between nazi-ideology and ss esprit de corps?

In Nuremberg it was decided the ss was a criminal organisation. All former members are under suspicion. People will do anything to hide their wrongdoings or make them look not so bad. They have a reason to be ashamed.

Why defend them?