So Release SOON ?

Cincinatvs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE Sabot has been banned for abusive behavior. He was warned on 9/14 to knock it off, guess he didn't want to listen.

There are a couple others here that are now being watched, as THE Sabot was before. I don't think I need to tell you who you are. Follow the Forum's rules you agreed to when you signed up or you're outta here.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

THE Sabot has been banned for abusive behavior. He was warned on 9/14 to knock it off, guess he didn't want to listen.

There are a couple others here that are now being watched, as THE Sabot was before. I don't think I need to tell you who you are. Follow the Forum's rules you agreed to when you signed up or you're outta here.

Steve

Thank you! smile.gif

well, that was a short stint for Lawrence.

despite being at odds (for a long time) with his mindset and opinion, I did (and do) respect Sabot for his knowledge and his outspoken mind.

Now I am not saying BTS isnt free top run their own board. But I think it is an unfortunate decision.

But I do think Sabot is a loss for the board, and would be a loss for ToW.

I hope for both ToW and Sabot that his ban from the board does not keep him from taking a look at Tow when it comes out. Both can only benefit from that.

He shall grow not old

as we that are left grow old

forum age shall not weary him

nor the postcount condemn

at the influx of new members

and the silent disappearance of others

still a few will remember him

;)

btw, while we're at it (not that Im suggesting that htey were banned), Ive been wondering about this for quite some time, what ever happened to the - I guess universally respected - member rexford (Lorrin rexford Bird) ?

and Fionn ??

anybody remember him?

controversial but undoubtedly colorful character of the early days of CM...

anybody know ?

You will have to check the forum for when Rexford last posted. I believe the man is simply busy or there hasn't been anything of importance for him to post about.

Fionn was banned long ago; we don't speak his name anymore. In fact you and I might get banned for just mentioning his name.
I don't believe that is true. Fionn is still friends with some of the Battlefront employees. That said, he isn't allowed to post on this board after being banned a couple of times. He was banned for good after getting involved in a heated debate over politics/religion within the general forum.

It is a shame that Battlefront was forced to ban him because he provided a lot of assistance to newbies and he wrote some of the best game related AARs I have ever read. He also included movie files in some of his early publicly posted AARs. Great idea even if late comers to the game (such as myself) couldn't view those movies.

I believe Fionn is still actively involved in the CMBB meta campaign called CMMC2. He also occasionally shows up on the various ladder forums to talk or play a few games.

Thanks Tactical Command for the answer !

w/r/t rexford, I actually had done a search, but nothing came of it, it seemed to me he simply ceased posting, and nobody seemed to notice or care, since there were no follow-ups inquiring about his absence.

I have to admit I almost feared something had happened to him.

I find it rather puzzling that such a prolific, valuable renowned content-poster such as rexford would disappear unnoticed or unmourned.

yeah I know Fionn was banned/unbanned all the time, therefore my guess was that even if he had been banned he might have been back or, like in earlier times, be banned from the public board but working with BTS/BF.C on the inside/behind the scenes.

may I ask a dumb question: why does a old-timer member who knows about all the good ol' times have such a shiny new membership?

lost your old password, eh?

anyhow, thanks for your reply !

take care

M.H.

[ October 03, 2006, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: M Hofbauer ]

Re: Close Combat - never did get to play a CC5 multiplayer campaign (sniffle) and would have loved (in reply to Sabot) to have slogged it out over and over the same strategic map.

Re: Theatre of War - still a bit exhausted by the GIC/EYSA quest but still hopeful. Even excited.

Re:lease THE Sabot.

Originally posted by WindyCity:

WTF kind of reply is that, "are you from one of the countrys we conquered".

Let me guess where your from ........."The South"

That's not fair. These types of remarks are made by people from all over the US, not just southerners.

Originally posted by Shmavis:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WindyCity:

That's not fair. These types of remarks are made by people from all over the US, not just southerners. </font>

Originally posted by WindyCity:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shmavis:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WindyCity:

That's not fair. These types of remarks are made by people from all over the US, not just southerners. </font>

Favorite CC?: 3.

Had the wide range of units--like CMBB. Yes, too bad about the campaign--nice at the start, but off-kilter by the "Moscow" scenario. Better if one played each sub-campaign independently.(but, always so tempting to start from the beginning) I enjoyed the Normandy CC for its campaign (though I usually finished it too quickly), but the sameness of the allied units (except the recon stuff) made it less interesting to me.