Let soldiers can enter buildings !

fyb2002

anyway, our community already got some bad feeling about that fact.

we are waiting almost 3years, and in 2004 we were read about article telling that 'Even you can deployed your soldiers in the building's second floor'

maybe my sentence include overstatement, but we will buy the game and also wait for making that better

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a long-time CM player and TOW dev follower, I was surprised to hear about the lack of on board mortars. Hmm, I wonder why?

63_middle.jpg

Or another one, roughly 18 dev months later...

816_middle.jpg

What's that you say? No dug-in troops?

1033_middle.jpg

How 'bout winter time?

1042_middle.jpg

And I'm sure this MG team would have liked to be in a 2nd story structure in this town...

559_middle.jpg

Sorry MegaKill, I'll still gladly purchase the game... but damn, this code couldn't be sorted out in 3 years? Yikes.

OH MY GOD!!!

What do I have to see on the last screenshot??

The soldier is SITTING behind the MG?

Oh no... not the same like in CM. PLease not. This looks so gay! The was was no german soldiers in whole WWII ever SITTING behind his MG in battle.

Why cant you make him lieing on the ground like common sens has tells it? If bullets are flying around you wouldnt sit there like driving a car :mad:

Its small things like that, that make a game less and less attractive...

"all your buildings are belong to us." - thanks, Hofbauer...i needed that one. In fact that almost made my day. It's inspiring because we as the community have the oppurtunity at the beginning of the feed back cycle to not only provide crits, suggestions, and stark raving, but to also keep the whole thing "light" enough that the devs and admins don't get burnt and fed up...moral on both sides is everyhting. Just look at the "funny" video that 1c put out..that was classic and shows that these guys can be fun to have a community with.

WineCape: according to the movie, they are in;) J/K.

Trenches are in the game as far as I can see from the AAR's.
We've not seen the enemy actually digging the trenches (or foxholes), so they might come standard with the map. Map defined trench systems are less flexible than player-constructed fortifications/trench systems.

Digging a trench of that magnitude in the space of a scenario seems like the stuff of the worst kind of RTS game. I don't want that personally. I'd rather keep the wishlist down to the "realistic" stuff- on board mortars, buildings that can be entered.

benpark: that's true, but foxholes or such could be dug I guess, or it should at least be up to the player where the trenches are placed. Knowing that the trenches will always be at the exact same spot might become boring after a few playthroughs.

Originally posted by Nightkin:

The was was no german soldiers in whole WWII ever SITTING behind his MG in battle.

Never say never unless you're absolutely sure and even then don't say it.

MG1.jpg

Mg2.jpg

MG3.jpg

'cause around here there is always a dick with a scanner to prove you wrong.

but damn, this code couldn't be sorted out in 3 years?
It was mentioned somewhere that the animation code was changed at some point, and that mortar teams require a lot of animation.

In picture #1 the guy is "lounging".

You can't see the guy in pic#2 - He may not actually be German.

Pic#3: The man is not only kneeling, he's obviously Austrian. As is I suspect the man in pic#2. As you well know, Austrians exist solely to give Germans a bad rep.

Originally posted by RMC:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nightkin:

The was was no german soldiers in whole WWII ever SITTING behind his MG in battle.

'cause around here there is always a dick with a scanner to prove you wrong. </font>

Tarquelne, I highly doubt they scratched mortar teams due to animation requirements (as we can see, they've been in the game build for years now) - this smacks more of AI problems with indirect fire units. Just like the coding for building entry exists, but they couldn't get the troops to behave correctly.

Here's the 64K question for all of us:

Would you rather -

A) Buy the game as is, with some fixes (camera control, etc.), and hope they can patch these issues along the way, or

B) Wait until a few more major issues were resolved before offering it up for sale?

Originally posted by Hpt. Lisse:

[QB] Tarquelne, I highly doubt they scratched mortar teams due to animation requirements (as we can see, they've been in the game build for years now) - this smacks more of AI problems with indirect fire units.

YOU DOUBT ME! FOOLISH MORTAL! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Megakill, in the AAR thread:

On mortars - sometime ago we have completely changed animation system in the game. We have all mortar models, etc, etc - but those will be introduced for the addon. Currently we need around 3 months of implementing then in the new system (basicly almost every mortar will come with it own soldier animation sequence). Furthermore as we operate not full crews for all weapons as well, the amount of extra animations for mortars is staggering. Like 4 soldiers firing, 3 soldiers firing, etc up to 1 single soldier doing all operations - aiming, bringing the shell, firing, etc, etc.

Sorry, I know we are not perfect. :-(

They may have been "in for years", but there was a change and they're now out for months. Unless Megakill is lying, insane, or (worst yet) wrong. Not impossible, but sometimes problems crop up and you have do redo something. I have no reason to doubt the explanation given.

I also seem to remember the explanation given for no-troops-in-buildings being interface related.

You point to the AI for both mortars and buildings. How come? I haven't been following the game, so I assume you've read something I haven't...

WineCape,

We're receiving contradictory information on the domestic fowl front. Some have told us that that dead cows are in, live cows are out, and chickens in any form are out. Megakill, though, has officially stated that the hilarious video is made from existing game elements, with only the animations being specially developed. This means that chickens should be in.

Regards,

John Kettler