Theatre of War AAR at SimHQ...

Magnum MGG

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks much better than I thought it would. What still is a bit odd is that the guns weren't in trenches and foxholes, while the poles were expecting an assault.

ToW might add a new more arcarde style game to my shelf, while the game's realism obviously isn't to high (example: non-enterable buildings, low combat distances and "gamey" infantry to tank ratio).

I don't want to seem negative. ToW is gonna be fun!

looks amazing! smile.gif

Were you playing against the computer/A.I.?

Or another player?

I wonder, how many men/infantry/crews can be on map at one time? Can the game handle a company of troops per side, per game?

Gpig

I fought against the AI.

I think that around 150 units on the map is the current limit.

The ratio of infantry to tanks is indeed somewhat high in this particular scenario, but that's all there is to it - this particular scenario. Since this is still work in progress aka beta (e.g. we're currently looking at and fact-checking the scenarios for errors like units appearing at the wrong historical dates etc.) don't take the AAR as the final say in the matter either.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

I think that around 150 units on the map is the current limit.

Do these 150 units include individual soliders, or is it possible to put, for example, 150 infantry squads on the map :eek:

Best regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by Megakill:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shabe.:

Great AAR! The only thing that bothers me is the number of infantry, the poles had more tanks and at guns than grunts.

ps: first post smile.gif

You call those tanks? :))) </font>

I got feeling that it was played out with not so maximum effort to give more interesting storyline. Making mission more "real world" but also somewhat disaster. Unless there was a time deadline causing hurry, that is often used in many games to compansate A.I vs superhuman unbalance.

Now we just that new video trailer smile.gif

btw, where those reinforces time or area trigged?