Gameplay Video

syaped

I have it.

Reassure, there's nothing really amazing ... I mean no intense firefight or massive attack (I hope BFC guys will soon offer us such a video ... tongue.gif )

Early war tanks are firing at each other at close range in the open ground while we can see nearly twenty men crawling in a wheat field. A german tank is hit and we can see a black smoking explosion.

It simply gives us and idea of the game system. It looks like a CM RTS game with enhanced graphics and motion capture. (I guess it is)

Hi guys,

there will be a formal mirror page up later when Matt is back up, but here is an alternative location to download from for the time being thanks to Worthplaying.com:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=35819

Direct link to the files page

http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=169

It seems to have been re-encoded, too, and is smaller and should be compatible with most systems!

Martin

MeatEtr: If it bleeds, we can kill it.

I just upgraded the codecs because I only got the sound this morning. Since then, they moved the movie to worthdownloading.com and I was able to dl it and it runs fine. I can almost see the chiggers in the grass!!!

Originally posted by dennisb55:

MeatEtr: If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Well, been coming to these forums for quite awhile and this the first time my sig has been pegged. What can I say, I love that part in Predator when Billy sums up their, knee-deep-in-**** situation with a simple, "We're all gonna die!" statement. :D

Originally posted by gibsonm:

OK so the site says “Update your video codecs if you only get audio and no video with the movie”

I’m running QuickTime 7.1.2 (on OS X 10.4.7) and get audio only, which particular codec(s) are we referring to?

There's a variety of codecs for AVI on a Mac

try here first : http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/avidivx.html

flip4mac is another useful component for QT

Originally posted by Wicky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

OK so the site says “Update your video codecs if you only get audio and no video with the movie”

I’m running QuickTime 7.1.2 (on OS X 10.4.7) and get audio only, which particular codec(s) are we referring to?

try here first : http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/avidivx.html </font>

Originally posted by Moon:

Hi guys,

there will be a formal mirror page up later when Matt is back up, but here is an alternative location to download from for the time being thanks to Worthplaying.com:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=35819

Direct link to the files page

http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=169

It seems to have been re-encoded, too, and is smaller and should be compatible with most systems!

Martin

Much better (i.e. it works now).

Thanks.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wicky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

try here first : http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/avidivx.html </font>

Peoples! All this not being able to view/hear downloaded video files really irks me too because of missing codecs ect. Not so any more. You DON'T need to download and install ANY fancy codecs or media players.

Just one 5.7MB file is all you need to watch virtually any video file out there. No other codecs needed, no intalling required. Just one exe file that plays all video files without the BS. Not convinced?

Media Player Classic . Download and try it here!

Lt Bull

[ July 28, 2006, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Lt Bull ]

Whose grass mod are they using ? :D

Anyways, I was more impressed by the soldiers. Reminded me of my own time in the FDF. We used to crawl in a line, keeping our heads down just like they seem to be doing !

Hope there will be more infantry videos in the future...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Here we go again. Once again the burden is on us, the fans, to jump through flaming hoops on some crappy site that doesn't work in an attempt to get a look at the game we are expected to buy. This seems really unprofessional, and ill-timed if in fact they need one person (who isn't available) to post a file for us. Once again, half-assed marketing in action (just like the almost complete lack of feedback info on SF and CMC due dates in recent months) leads to customer frustration.

What does it take for us to get semi-accurate due dates on your products, get patches and game films directly from Battlefront (as oppossed to some 3rd-party host who makes us look at 10 ad impressions and click 5 times before we get what we want) and get information on the products we are expected to buy? And, considering the number of complaints about the current hosts of the gamefilms, no one at Battlefront has even re-hosted it someplace else.

Can someone just post the frickin thing on youtube? This 3rd party hosting crap on some game site is so 2002. I'm really hoping that once Battlefront's download platform comes out, that patches and trailers can be autostreamed from it. Though it has its problems, Steam is pretty nice in terms of convenience overall (esp. if you have a hard drive crash on you).

[ July 29, 2006, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Capt. Toleran ]

Half-assed marketing? Interesting... We don't give release dates on games until we know them. If you want to call our honesty "half-ass" then be my guest, but I can't agree with it.

So far, the only complaint I saw about the video was due to the codecs that were needed, and that has been fixed (thanks to Worthplaying).

3rd party hosting actually isn't 2002, its the what all game developers and publishers due in order to help spread the word about their games, create exclusivity to various outlets for content and to help offset the huge overhead costs associated to the amount of bandwidth required to steam this sort of content out to the general public.

As to our download platform, its been out for months (its intergrated with our new eLicense licesing system) and works great but its not really meant for videos and content of this type but rather for the games themselves.

As to getting game info, I have no idea what your complaining about, each of our games has a dedicated forum and website with lots of info available to you. If you have a question, simply ask it, but if we tell you "WHEN ITS DONE" (as in the release dates of CMC or CMSF) then guess what? Thats your answer.

Madmatt

But don't ever accuse me of not being sympathetic to having to click through a bunch of extraneous stuff to get a video either... For that reason, I have video again mirrored on our local server. Actually, it always was, the link to it was removed on the Gallery page though. Its back now.

Madmatt