Gameplay Video

syaped

Um, still don't see it.... I click on the mirror link, I get a directory error message. See, this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. I work for an online company, we QA stuff before we push it live, and we tend to make sure the films and programs we promote have trailers that can actually be accessed from our own servers, as well as 3rd party.

Here it is, an hour later, and I am no closer to viewing what it is you would like me to buy (and I probably will). I'm a fairly technically proficient person (my job is half IT), and I could not resolve the errors from that 3rd party site (and I watch online video constantly, more than TV). Can you send a direct link? When I send e-mails to people at work, I don't let them stumble around the network to find the file, I send them a url so they can not waste their time.

Also, just FYI on the "When It's Done" thing -- how done are you? Seems like a simple question, with a simple answer, "half, 3/4", etc. Just as you ask for our consideration and patience to let you produce a quality product, many of us have financial concerns we have to weigh on our side, and accompanying planning. If we only have enough discretionary spending in our household budget for one game per financial quarter, it would be good to know whether we should pencil in CMC for Q3 2006, or go ahead and spend elsewhere in the meanwhile. This way you don't lose a sale and goodwill, and you manage expectations.

EDIT - One final note about the 3rd party game sites -- My impression was that Battlefront was about not doing the normal game industry thing, which those sites are the complete representation of. Hype, Ads, junk reviews, and forced registrations so that we can get spammed. I don't trust those sites to give me good info or reviews on anything, especially not games in Battlefront's caliber -- Why would I want to pick up anything Battlefront-related there?

[ July 29, 2006, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Capt. Toleran ]

Originally posted by Lt Bull:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

OK so the site says “Update your video codecs if you only get audio and no video with the movie”

I’m running QuickTime 7.1.2 (on OS X 10.4.7) and get audio only, which particular codec(s) are we referring to?

Peoples! All this not being able to view/hear downloaded video files really irks me too because of missing codecs ect. Not so any more. You DON'T need to download and install ANY fancy codecs or media players.

Just one 5.7MB file is all you need to watch virtually any video file out there. No other codecs needed, no intalling required. Just one exe file that plays all video files without the BS. Not convinced?

Media Player Classic . Download and try it here!

Lt Bull </font>

Cpt. Toleron,

I work for an online company
Trust me, we figured that out after your first post. Call it a pattern we've picked up on with loud complainers. (hint, they usually work with/for the same thing they are complaining about). Funny that you work with this stuff but are having more problems than the people that don't :D

Also, just FYI on the "When It's Done" thing -- how done are you? Seems like a simple question, with a simple answer, "half, 3/4", etc.
ToW? We've said it should be out by Christmas of this year. For CM:SF, we aren't saying. You might not like that, but that's the only answer we have since we've never made this game before and therefore can not possibly estimate how done it really is. It looks really nice if that helps you out any ;)

Steve