Battlefront please.......

patboy

And Goliath explosive devices on tracks. And halftracked motorcycles. And redo the modelling of fortifications so that they are deformable. And allow troops to dig in during the game. And let soldiers drop their equipment and swim across rivers. And let other soldiers find that equipment and pick it up. And allow vehicles to be abandoned and re-entered by their crews voluntarily. And allow anti-tank gun and anti-aircraft gun and artillery gun crews abandon their weapons voluntarily and then reman them. and fix the bug so that tank commanders stay buttoned until told otherwise. And give snipers a spotter with them for self defence. And increase camouflage effects for tanks and men so that camouflaged stuff is harder to spot. And give us full movie playback. And create a mod installer that will change on the fly even during movie playback. And a screenshot feature that will save automatically to the hard drive in a folder specified by the user without having to alt-tab out of game for multiple shots. And allow us to assign different ranks than the in-game ranks. And let us make promotions on the spot during movie playback. And introduce medals for wear in game. And seperate turret and hull bmps for all AFVs so we don't have reversed numbers on our tanks. And seperate bmps for different vehicles of the same type so platoons can be numbered consecutively. And track grenades individually. And give us a first person perspective for soldiers and tank crews. And let us drive each individual tank, with historically accurate guages. And allow tank recovery. And make backing up with a trailer more realistic. And dead cows, lots of dead cows. And telephone poles. Basically, if you could yield to our unrealistic demands every time we post, that would be great. I'd suggest you stop work on CMX2 altogether and rewrite significant portions of code for CMBB so that CMC will be a better experience. Oh, and offer the new CMBBX2 as a free download just like Steel Panthers. And then make CMC Shareware, and mail CD back up copies to forum members. Then make me breakfast. Steak medium rare, eggs scrambled, white toast, hashbrowns extra crispy, with Earl Grey tea and six sugars

[ November 17, 2005, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

And Goliath explosive devices on tracks. And halftracked motorcycles. And redo the modelling of fortifications so that they are deformable. And allow troops to dig in during the game. And let soldiers drop their equipment and swim across rivers. And let other soldiers find that equipment and pick it up. And allow vehicles to be abandoned and re-entered by their crews voluntarily. And allow anti-tank gun and anti-aircraft gun and artillery gun crews abandon their weapons voluntarily and then reman them. and fix the bug so that tank commanders stay buttoned until told otherwise. And give snipers a spotter with them for self defence. And increase camouflage effects for tanks and men so that camouflaged stuff is harder to spot. And give us full movie playback. And create a mod installer that will change on the fly even during movie playback. And a screenshot feature that will save automatically to the hard drive in a folder specified by the user without having to alt-tab out of game for multiple shots. And allow us to assign different ranks than the in-game ranks. And let us make promotions on the spot during movie playback. And introduce medals for wear in game. And seperate turret and hull bmps for all AFVs so we don't have reversed numbers on our tanks. And seperate bmps for different vehicles of the same type so platoons can be numbered consecutively. And track grenades individually. And give us a first person perspective for soldiers and tank crews. And let us drive each individual tank, with historically accurate guages. And allow tank recovery. And make backing up with a trailer more realistic. And dead cows, lots of dead cows. And telephone poles. Basically, if you could yield to our unrealistic demands every time we post, that would be great. I'd suggest you stop work on CMX2 altogether and rewrite significant portions of code for CMBB so that CMC will be a better experience. Oh, and offer the new CMBBX2 as a free download just like Steel Panthers. And then make CMC Shareware, and mail CD back up copies to forum members. Then make me breakfast. Steak medium rare, eggs scrambled, white toast, hashbrowns extra crispy, with Earl Grey tea and six sugars

C'mon now, don't you think your asking for a bit too much here. Your being a little too picky, at least be reasonable about it. You ask for 6 sugars, when clearly 4, tops, should be enough. I mean, c'mon, get real, who needs all that sugar anyway? tongue.gif:D

Well, I guess Steve the Corporate Sellout isn't too concerned about his customers, I had to buy my own damn breakfast.

Well, lunch it is then. Hamburger, well done, with lightly toasted bun, buttered on the top only, with mayonnaise, mustard and onion, romaine lettuce, with crinkle cut french fried potatoes on the side, doubled cooked in peanut oil til crisp, with Heinz ketchup on top and salt to taste. A diet root beer would go good as well.

Also, if we could get rid of the requirement to have the CD in the drive when playing CMBB, that would rock, also change the stupid backwards play and pause buttons so we don't have to keep modding them. Include the possibility to play one nationality against the same nationality (not just the Romanians). Also make every vehicle in the game appear as "captured" on every other nationality's vehicle listing. Allow transfer of small arms between squads during game play. Let's include the Japanese for play against the Russians in 1945; also modelling of the atomic bomb for fictional scenarios with Americans - I guess we'll need the whole US order of battle just in case; port over the stuff from CMAK how hard could that be? Also maps and terrain for Korea since we now have Americans in the game, like rice paddies and amphibious assault craft so we can do Inchon scenarios. Jet aircraft and aircraft carrier landings will be good too. Troops and equipment for the 17 nations that fought under UN command in Korea wouldn't be hard to do - guess we'll need the British and Canadians and Turks. We need to have boats fixed so that the AI can use them; also steel suspension bridges and trains that run on the tracks. Civilians are crucial to my enjoyment of CMC also; they should be modelled in different categories - hostile, refugees, residents, etc. Civilian cars too, to fill up the city tiles.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Marco Bergman:

Suppose I should finish this:

pz351.jpg

uses the Pz38A model, so that you can still have Pz38 by using later version. (Turret is common.)

But it will have to wait until I've finished working on Dropteam.

Hi Marco, Nice screen, it's funny I worked on the same mod based on your CMBB tacam, but very difficult to fit with the Pz38 polygons!

See pic

copiede121600df.png

Your mod is very welcome thanks to finish it !

Pat

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

C'mon now, don't you think your asking for a bit too much here. Your being a little too picky, at least be reasonable about it. You ask for 6 sugars, when clearly 4, tops, should be enough. I mean, c'mon, get real, who needs all that sugar anyway? tongue.gif:D </font>

And now for something different: a serious post from another forum:

They REALLY funny thing is that the thompson in the first version of RTH30 didnt have a moving bolt, so we mentioned it to them and they fixed it... now WHY didnt they do a one-over with all the weapons and correct the lack of moving bolt problems.... all the guns should have been fixed when they fixed the thompson.

I dont know a single FPS that doesnt have moving bolts even the worst FPSs have correct moving parts. why not BIA?...I dont get it. they do really well on certain aspects but completely drop the ball on others.

Theres always hope for BIA3 ... I hope they rework everything from the ground up.

I love that last sentence! Almost better than "Fix or do somefink!"!

Best regards,

Thomm

At the risk of beating a dead quadruped, I suspect that the presence of horses on a CMBB battlefield should be a lot like the presence of trucks. They really shouldn't be there, but from time to time it will happen and you won't be able to avoid it.

Most horses that you would encounter would be transport horses used to pull wagons. Apart from propaganda photographs cavalry wasn't supposed to ride into battle, though I'm sure it must have happened a few times by accident. I remember reading an account of a Soviet cavalry assault and noticing that they left their horses several miles further back from the front than a CM player would normally leave his trucks. On the other hand, cavalry was the tool of choice for patrolling the large spaces between units on the steppe, and there must have been ambushes.

Horses are high-strung and skittish about being stabbed, blown up, and shot at. Imagine the horse holders for a company of dismounted cavalry coming under a light mortar barrage. After a few rounds the horses will panic and scatter in all directions. To model this you would probably have to do one-on-one modeling of hysterical horses scampering around the landscape. And to get the right sound effects for the wav files you would almost certainly run afoul of PETA...

Female partisans like that one in "The Longest Day" riding her bike, in a near seethru dress, one strap hanging off the side of her arm. Her long silky smooth hair blowing in the brisk breeze?? Yeah I could go for some female partisans like that. ;)

No Patboy she needs to be wearing a sheer dress. ;) And much much longer hair and gawd that face is ugly, lol, can't you paint better than that? ;)