Post your scenarios here

Kinda hoping for a new "scenario" forum, considering the lack of packaged scenarios and the totally awesome scenario editor. Hopefully this thread will suffice for now.

Here's mine: Beyond the Euphrates

Combatants holed up in a river basin. This mission will either be too easy or too hard - I had to totally pull my hair out at how absolutely strict the TO&E is in the scenario editor so the deployment of Blue might seem weird. Still might be a nice fight. Play as BLUFOR (attackers, Syrian) only.

Hi Security Guard,

I have just played through your scenario and had a blast smile.gif I had 28 minutes left of the scenario when the enemy surrendered after a heavy Arty bombardment on the last obj!

With 2 of my men killed and 7 injured.

Heres a screenshot of the action smile.gif

TrenchAdvance.jpg

Some troops advancing through the trench system while the HQ watches over the battle smile.gif

Thanks for the scenario it was good fun!

Originally posted by Stalintc:

Hi Security Guard,

Thanks for the scenario it was good fun!

thanks, i figured it might be a little easy smile.gif although the first time I played it i lost a bmp to a mine and a conscript fighter hit another with an ATGM, so that made it slightly rougher ride. rebels automatically win if they inflict 50% casualties. awesome screenshot, by the way!

I'm working on one right now. It involves an airborne battalion seizing Aleppo International Airport. Here's a screenshot of the (unfinish) map. The player will be in command of Alpha company which was been tasking with securing the airport terminal.

untitledaq1.th.jpg

Originally posted by securityguard:

thanks, i figured it might be a little easy smile.gif although the first time I played it i lost a bmp to a mine and a conscript fighter hit another with an ATGM, so that made it slightly rougher ride. rebels automatically win if they inflict 50% casualties. awesome screenshot, by the way! [/QB]

Well it might be worth giving the defending units the ambush command on their setup order in the AI editor and see if that keeps them out of sight until they are within range to deal out some hurt. Not sure how effective it would be, but its worth a shot!

I thought I would try and find a screenshot that did the scenario justice smile.gif glad you liked it!

Normal Dude - That really is an amazing looking airport you have made there.. the skill and creativity of people never ceases to amaze me, I look back at my two new maps ive made and they look shat compared to that! good job!

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

I'm working on one right now. It involves an airborne battalion seizing Aleppo International Airport. Here's a screenshot of the (unfinish) map. The player will be in command of Alpha company which was been tasking with securing the airport terminal.

untitledaq1.th.jpg

That's an awesome map and use of buildings. Looking forward to it being released.

untitledaq1.th.jpg

Love that air control tower. Very nice map.

Allright, ive been working on this scenario so far, the scenario is an insurgent sleeper cell has been activated in a small town in the US and the populace has to fight it back. This means unconvetionals for red, with some technical support and Infantry only for blue, scarce amounts of ammo and a couple AT4's and 40mm grenades here and there to represent improvised munitions.

Heres a screen of the work in progress

neighborhoodfight2no4.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-03

Its basically as accurate as possible representation of my own neighborhood and surrounding suburbia (though Im in a more rural part of the City). Luckily Texas turns that kind of brown during the summer time.

untitledaq1.th.jpg

Awesome map Normal Dud!! When can we get the scenario along with the map. Hell the map looks so great you might wont to put a copyright on it :D

JohnO

Originally posted by JohnO:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Normal Dude:

untitledaq1.th.jpg

Awesome map Normal Dud!! When can we get the scenario along with the map. Hell the map looks so great you might wont to put a copyright on it :D

JohnO </font>The map and scenario are about 50% complete before it's ready for playtesting. I hope to have it ready this weekend or next week.

You can actually GoogleEarth the place too: it is as faithful a recreation as I can make, although the scale has been reduced slightly to make the scenario smaller.

A lot of building customization takes place in the 3-D preview. Shift-click, control-click, alt-click, shift-control-click I think. It should have it written in the editor.

The control tower is a bald faced rip-off of the one in the second campaign mission. :D

Have you tried giving them the 'hide' order in AI plans?
no, becouse i didnt quiet understand how i should trigger an ambush with an hide command instead of the ambushXXX meters command!?

since the enemy AI player have the same tacAI as the player i would think that they DO NOT unhide when i would give em target arcs and the hide command together. just fire back when firet at, what is not what they should do.

as far is i expirienced there is no usefull way to give em "hide" and "ambushXXX" command toghether.

thats why i cant create an ambush in the open(guys in trenches), its impossible for me right now. everything is seen verry fast.