Any of you guys 3D Animators?

Hi all,

In games past we have utilized the skills of many a CM fan to help make our games come to life. When we planned out the art schedule a few years ago we figured we would do well to purchase our animations since we knew we wouldn't have time to do them ourselves and to the best of our knowledge we've never seen that sort of skill set lurking around here.

As for you 2D artists... we know there are more supurb choices here than we can shake a stick at, for sure, but that's not the type of services we need. We got that stuff covered already, especially since it's a FAR more difficult thing to do than CMx1 (10x the poly count and wrapping/unwrapping in 3D Max). Not to sound ungreatful for all the great help in the past, but 2D guys are just going to have to sit this one out. Mods are a different matter, of course!

Now that we're getting ready to shell out some of your hard earned Dollars (afterall, where do you think our hard earned Dollars came from? ;) ) we thought we'd see if there was a "local" option before we start buying stuff.

Any of you that have significant experience with 3D modeling and animations should send me an email. If you have a website with portfolio work on it that would be great too.

Thanks!

Steve

steve@battlefront.com

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Any of you that have significant experience with 3D modeling and animations should send me an email. If you have a website with portfolio work on it that would be great too.

How about the guy who did the one for TOW?

This time, I want a chicken with a towel on it's head.

Steve,

A friend of mine in Liverpool, England said he sent you an email offering his services but didn't get a reply. Are you only considering 3D artists in the US? I've seen some of my friend's work (commercial TV adverts) and it is very impressive.

In any case I think he has some more commercial work lined up now since he sent that email so he may not be available any more - but you never know!

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

Steve,

A friend of mine in Liverpool, England said he sent you an email offering his services but didn't get a reply. Are you only considering 3D artists in the US? I've seen some of my friend's work (commercial TV adverts) and it is very impressive.

Steiner its also possible we missed it! We are pretty much spammed with generic emails from people offering all sorts of 'help' that are sent to hundreds of places at the same time. I do try and reply to those that are contacting us specificaly, but its not impossible it got missed in the bunch. Apologies if so smile.gif

Steve and KwazyDog,

Via his parents, I passed the word to my nephew, Mark C., a graduate of the Colorado School of Design

specializing in the 3-D graphics and animation. Don't know whether or not he contacted you, but I sent an E-mail to him directly Thursday by way of reminder. I also pinged a close friend of mine who does digital retouching and other high end graphics for Hollywood to see whether he knew anyone who could help. He knows some people with the requisite skills, but doesn't think you could afford to hire them. Wish I could be of more help, but I simply don't run in those circles.

Regards,

John Kettler

Electronic Arts is in Burnaby, British Columbia as well as Radical, there is a school of computer game graphics design there as well on the corner of Willingdon and Beta but i don't know the name of the school, but I am sure one of the above would know. There has to be some poor grad student pulling lumber in a sawmill somewhere just itchin' at a chance to do some work.