The Peng Challenge Thread fails to rise from the muck

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

[

Suppose I should get that internet thingy at home......... :confused:

*check inbox, muppet

Always liked 'Mike the Wino'. Damn good fellow. Sent me wine, by damn.

Eventually, they all come to the Peng Challenge Thread.

We're like the Templars. Without the wealth. But with all the mysticism.

Are the Goodalers still out there? </font>

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

[

Suppose I should get that internet thingy at home......... :confused:

*check inbox, muppet

Eventually, they all come to the Peng Challenge Thread.

We're like the Templars. Without the wealth. But with all the mysticism.

Are the Goodalers still out there? </font>

Are the Goodalers still out there?

Somewhere in a dark, misty swamp, a group of filthy, hairy creatures...Sit down, Abbott!...now where was I? Oh yes...wanders blindly, scratching at the vermin infesting their shaggy manes and pulling leeches from their naked bodies to pop into their own mouths...

Well, that's enough of that. You get the idea.

Michael

Originally posted by Stuka:

Is it wrong to claim expenses for pork meals consumed, alcohol imbibed and cigars smoked on the Arab expense account?

I think not....

Infidel. You are going to find yourself staked out on the hot desert sand one of these days.

Do the Arabs practice impalement? If not, maybe I should send them this handy little how-to book I prepared.

Michael

In spite of the weather here leaning towards winter, I spent a carefree hour on monday carousing the skies over Northam, in a Hot Air balloon.

(Although it should really be called a Joe Shaw Balloon).

Of course, none of you overweight deadbeats would ever pass the required test to become a passenger. Fat b*stards like you 'Mericans don't have ballooning any more since the FAA banned the sport because the floors of the baskets couldn't take the weight. Making a strong enough basket would have required NASA to design it, so they gave up.

But, T'was a marvelous flight, broken only by re-connecting with the ground.

In a paddock filled with cows... and cow manure... some VERY fresh.

And the basket skipping along the ground a few times before coming to rest... on it's side.

At this point the Aeronaught hops out and warns all 20 of us to "stay put!" (This is to make sure the balloon has time to deflate...!)

Yeah right! He then proceeds to call for cameras, and records his poor performance for us whilst gaily explaining that we can now claim to have "Been laid, in a balloon".

Noba.

Your duty is not to keep out fools, Joe. Your duty is to keep out fecking idjits.

They come by far less often than in the old days.

Which does not, note you Seanachai mean that they don't still come by!

We must be ever vigilant Seanachai, for those with less than the Right Stuff that is the hallmark (or maybe it's the hall pass, I get those two confused) of a TRUE Cesspudlian. I'd remind you that my judgement in these matters is infallible whilst yours is subject to the whims and capricious flights of fancy brought on by too much cheap booze and cigars ... likely enough fueled by over exposure to gun oil fumes from visiting dalem.

If we are not careful Seanachai, we'll find ourselves posting smilies and growlies and boasting about our new truck without a single taunt worthy of the Peng Challenge Thread. And one day Seanachai, one day you may awake and find that you are no longer an Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread. You may well find that job taken over by someone from the Outreboards who came here on YOUR invitation.

or maybe they'll just outsource it to India ... hmmm ... I wonder what a Bengali Seanachai would sound like?

I think we need a fence, a BIG one ... with cameras and attack dogs.

Joe

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

The only good cat is a dead cat. Which is why Lar's cat is now his best friend. I'll bet he even sleeps with it now.

But he's going to haunt you.

a_839.jpg

I'll just tell him you're a crazy old senile fool who meows a lot. Sort of like his favorite chew toy, Tim the Cat...

Boo Radley no longer makes the proper obeisance to me. Actually, I can't complain about that all that much, because the bastard hasn't managed that for almost the entire time I've demanded that he be my large, thuggish henchman.

Well? What do you expect? You're never here anymore. I've become a latchkey henchman. I've been hanging around with the wrong sorts (The Dutch), picked up all kinds of bad habits (I'm converting a 1963 Vespa into a motor home) and have started being unneccessarily cruel to those less fortunate than me (People from Indiana).

So, really you have no one to blame other than yourself.

In the Old Days, we had better henchmen. And we even had minions. Can barely remember those days. In those days, men were men, and games were games, and even stupid men could play good games, but these days, even good men can only play stupid games.

I'm sorry... what?

mutter, mutter, mutter...

That's what I thought you said.

Berli calls and tells me things. He will, you know. He tells me there's a new edition of the D&D manuals out. Apparently there's a new 'Class'.

'Justicar'.

Does it come with it's own banjo?

Once again, Reality pisses itself, drunk and staggering, following in the footsteps of the Peng Challenge Thread.

That's because we're a microcosm of the universe. WAIT! No... not a microcosm. What's the word I'm thinking of...?

Oh, right. stomach pump.

I know it doesn't make any sense, but there you go...

Never liked Reality. That bastard stills owes me a round of drinks that amounts to One Week and Three.

I shan't see those rounds of drunkenness again anytime soon.

"Soon" being defined as, "Within the next ten seconds," I suppose...

Hoi! Boo Radley! You owe me...let me see...12 pints of the good stuff, you useless git!

How do you figure that, Sparky?

And, because I like you, Boo, I won't insist on 12 pints of Single Malt. The financial impact of the equivalent of 6 litres of of Single Malt Scotch in these troubled economic times would completely erase the Economic Stimulus that has been granted to you by Fiat, and probably went to pay your bills for food and gas (and how like a Texas oilman, to give you a tax rebate to pay for fuel...).

What are you talking about? I've never even driven a Fiat. Lousy Italian-made pieces of crap that they are.

No, Boo. You can simply buy me 12 pints of ESB. Or Stout. Perhaps a nice Red Ale.

"Extra Squalid Budweiser?

But, oh Boo, I'm not getting any younger. I know that you can buy people flowers over the Internet. There's got to be some enterprising swine out there that's made it possible to send someone a bouquet of a dozen strong beers.

tap, tap, tap

Waiting!

Well... let's then both pull up some chairs and have a nice, long, friendly, long, long, long wait together, shall we?

Remember that CMAK game you BEGGED me for... oh about a year ago.

The one where you sent something like 6 turns and then faded away?

tap, tap, tap

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dogface:

Hey, it's easy and comes with it's own stick.

Do I know this creature? They all start to run together, after a while...

Justicar, inform me of whether to piss on him, or simply spit. </font>

Peng, old fellow.

Do you really have a kayak now?

I really do.

The kids got a life vest for father's day so they can come with now. Of course we can only go one at a time, so the rest stay on shore and throw things at each other - frisbees, softballs and that sort of thing - while one is on the water. We need our own but that's unlikely at the present.

But I sent you mead. Any old wino can dig up a bottle of the grape, but you don't find the nectar of the gods on just any streetcorner.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

And I know I speak for all of us when I applaud your efforts and encourage you to further experimentation with hydrogen.

Use lots and lots of hydrogen and don't worry about those naysayers and whiny OSHA types who would trample on YOUR Gawd given rights to make and store hydrogen any old way you damned well please.

And, in order to fully appreciate your efforts and showcase them to everyone, may I suggest a nice, dramatic lighting scheme ... torches come to mind immediately ... maybe even some road flares.

Best of luck ...

Joe

Geez, Joe, give him a chance to build up a decent supply first.

And remember kids, H burns with a nice pink flame, when you can see it at all.

-dale

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

And I know I speak for all of us when I applaud your efforts and encourage you to further experimentation with hydrogen.

Use lots and lots of hydrogen and don't worry about those naysayers and whiny OSHA types who would trample on YOUR Gawd given rights to make and store hydrogen any old way you damned well please.

And, in order to fully appreciate your efforts and showcase them to everyone, may I suggest a nice, dramatic lighting scheme ... torches come to mind immediately ... maybe even some road flares.

Best of luck ...

Joe

Geez, Joe, give him a chance to build up a decent supply first.

And remember kids, H burns with a nice pink flame, when you can see it at all.

-dale </font>

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Peng, old fellow.

I really do.

The kids got a life vest for father's day so they can come with now. Of course we can only go one at a time, so the rest stay on shore and throw things at each other - frisbees, softballs and that sort of thing - while one is on the water. We need our own but that's unlikely at the present. </font>

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

Peng, old fellow.

I really do.

The kids got a life vest for father's day so they can come with now. Of course we can only go one at a time, so the rest stay on shore and throw things at each other - frisbees, softballs and that sort of thing - while one is on the water. We need our own but that's unlikely at the present. </font>