The Peng Challenge Thread fails to rise from the muck

I work amongst a pile of useless twats.

I almost walked out tonight, for good reason.

Good reason, but not quite good enough.

Still, my efforts at finding gainful employment with people I respect must become less than the Zero at which it currently resides.

Bulletins as events unfold...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Stuka:

May I suggest a Partagas Black to sooth your shattered nerves?

I thought the same, and just finished off a couple of glasses of Bulleit bourbon and a Partagas Black Gigante.

Calms the psyche, that does.

Excellent choice, I must also take this opportunity to advise to steer clear of the Cuban, Romeo and Juliet "Short Churchills" unless you have the nicotine requirement of a 4 pack a day bull elephant.

Too strong for my refined palate...

Speaking of which, How is Joebob ?

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

I work with a pack of hooting, feces flinging Gibbons!

Your karma must suck about as much as mine does. </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

I used to, but they all got laid off last week.

Boss's kids showed up in a new Lexus and a new Toyota this week, so I figure things must have turned around over the weekend.

Originally posted by rune:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Originally posted by rleete:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Always liked 'Mike the Wino'. Damn good fellow. Sent me wine, by damn.

But I sent you mead. Any old wino can dig up a bottle of the grape, but you don't find the nectar of the gods on just any streetcorner. </font>

I think I deserve an entire case of mead for single-handedly getting the Writer's Cooperative up and running again. Let me tell you what a battle it was too, what with those jerkoffs at IPOWER (sic) seemingly unable to pull their fingers out of their butts long enough to do the job I pay them fabulous amounts of money for, the lazy sods.

There I was, in the middle of the fight of my life. Krauts to the left of me. Krauts to the right of me. An entire Panzer division arrayed to my front. But did I duck and cover? NO! I looked 'em straight in the eye and spit on their shiny new boots. And that was just the beginning. I tell you, by the time I was through, they was all runnin' back to Berlin to hide behind Uncle Adolf's apron (that cute frilly one he wears when he has the boys over for a cookout).

Michael

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Originally posted by Stuka:

Excellent choice, I must also take this opportunity to advise to steer clear of the Cuban, Romeo and Juliet "Short Churchills" unless you have the nicotine requirement of a 4 pack a day bull elephant.

Too strong for my refined palate...

Stuka, let's all just be clear on one thing. We're heartened by your ability to use the word 'palate', but not buying into the concept of 'refined'.

First, Stuka, you're an Australian. The world continues to hold its breath in anticipation of an Australian who, like a phoenix, will rise from the ashes of the 'dunny' and the 'esky', and lead your people into a new, elegant interaction with the finer things in life.

Secondly, for all your posturing, Stuka, you're just like me. A horrible little man who's a simple change of clean clothes, shave and occasional coherence away from being picked up by the Authorities and shoved into a holding cell for 3 days.

Boo it is true! I've left you adrift, and without a master.

I can only imagine the horrors of confusion, doubt and incomprehension you've endured without the Pole Star of my guidance.

Be a good fellow, and fetch me a soothing drink, would you?

slight intake of breath, moment of anticipation, maybe this time, he will actually get the drink...

As for the turn, I sent it to you months ago. Have you checked your email?

Since there have been so few 'barbarian invasions' of late, I think it behooves our Justicar to justify his lordly salary by abusing the living ****e out of Rune.

And, seriously, it's not like I'm asking him to do anything difficult or unpleasant...

I get a salary now? I'll have to check with bookkeeping, for some reason I've not seen a penny.

IF you'd been keeping up with the MBT as a proper Olde One ought you'd have seen that I've taken rune to task time and again for his habit of top posting ... as well as his habit for creating horrid scenarios ... and mainly just being rune.

I'VE been doing MY job Seanachai, I'VE been putting in the time, I'VE kept the flim flam artists of the SSN horde at bay. What have YOU done?

Exactly ...

Joe

Originally posted by Seanachai:

As for the turn, I sent it to you months ago. Have you checked your email?

What IS that horrid, foetid stench I smell???

It smells like... take a catacomb that was exclusively designed for the interment of polecats who had passed on (As it were...) from some kind of fatal bowel malady, flood it with the used rinse water from a load of laundry consisting entirely of Grendel's underpants, add to that an open jar of Miracle Whip that's been left in the glove compartment of a 1976 Plymouth Gold Duster, abandonded in Elko, Nevada, for an entire summer and top it off with the essence of the armpits of George "The Animal" Steele, immediately after back to back matches against Bruno Sammartino and Gorilla Monsoon, then douse it with kerosene and chunks of bituminous coal with a high sulphur content and light it up.

That's what it smells like.

Oh, it can only be SEANACHAI'S PANTS BECAUSE HE'S LYING LIKE A RUG!!11!!11ONE!!1