Buglist thread

Guest Guest

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you call that a list of issues to check in 1.05, I can add a couple. No comment on which ones should be changed and when.

-reinforcement bunker that arrives during setup:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=003522;p=1#000008

-panic spreading to units outside enemy contact via C2.

Not quite sure what exactly happened, but my description is in link below. Looked very much as if reinforcements had arrived to a totally covered part of map, yet they'd all panic because they heard battlesounds somewhere.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=003530;p=1#000006

-strange infantry positions still happen, for red and blue teams.

infantry_position.jpg

[ December 30, 2007, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: SlowMotion ]

Vehicles cutting waypoints short; if I have a vehicle in cover and I want to keyhole it I reverse to a point then hunt from there. That puts its nose pointed where I expect the greater threat. Now it doesn't make the reverse waypoint and as a result doesn't have the correct angle to the hunt point. Perhaps a minor point in CMSF but a major one in CMx2:WW2.

-No weapon or engine sounds for aircraft and helicopters

-Terribly innaccurate rocket fire from helicopters (single bursts thrown across several kilometers)

-Innappropriate handling of helicopter support - once on station, reaction times should be much quicker

-Need to be able to call in helicopters and strike aircraft to hunt for targets of opportunity in areas that you cannot spot

Hello Adam:

I see a portion of the list is taken from my recent 1.05 Gameplay/Bugs Feedback thread - I appreciate your organizing everyone's reports into a central location.

Personally speaking, several of the issues cited above severely detract from any potential fun I am apt to gain from this title as it stands. Despite the corrective measures made by BFC to this point, I honestly cannot get through ten turns without the experience being soured by any combination of bugs, broken features and questionable weapon/unit performance. I continue to hope things improve, but frankly the road has been far more lengthy and winding than I would have ever predicted back in July.

I will be glad to provide saved game files or additional information on the issues I have reported should it be of help.

Best of luck to BFC as they continue to wrestle with this one and once again my thanks for their resolve.

[ December 30, 2007, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Peter Panzer ]

How funny what people notice. The only problem I currently have with the game is the low wall issue. I guess only things that really bother me are game play issue's, which the low wall is almost a game stopper to me. In fact it stopped me from playing this weekend even though I wanted to sooooo badly.

So please BFC if 1.06 is weeks away from being released, at least put up a hot fix for the low wall issue. Or is there a way to go into the game files and fix this ourselves? Because it wasn't an issue in 1.04.

But good list though. Hope all those things are fixed too.

It takes it a couple of minutes and the old mission will continue to fire but it will switch to the new target. I use it to level long buildings.

Target one end with a long duration mission. Once rounds spash adjust a couple sections over. Repeat as needed. By the time the target shifts the section is usually rubble.

It isn't at all like CMx1 but it works.

Guys,

A really great list of fixes (and I love the picture of the flying zombies) but.... Battlefront is (sadly) not listening.

As far as I can tell, they have one guy working on this (they need the full original team for all the fixes this game needs) and have moved on to other things.

They consider CMSF "complete" when, in fact, it is (without doubt) unplayable in multiplayer. I know, I have played a couple of online games....

Need more proof? Note the total lack of ladders/clubs and other websites supporting multiplayer games.

The mind boggles.

AFAICT, BFC have one bloke working on fixes for CMSF. But then they only have one programmer, so what do you expect?

Probably Steve, Dan, Martin, Matt and Fernando are working on the next module, and possibly the WW2 game as well. I don't quite see how having them as beta testers helps, as they don't really do any programming.

Originally posted by Redwolf:

Oh yeah and the vehicle path-invention code is fine and my thread magically reached the 300 post limit after Steve said he can't find my savegame (in the thread) and before anyone can reply.

Perhaps you could start a new thread? 300 posts doesn't mean that the subject is finished, just that the forum software may go a bit wobbly.

Originally posted by flamingknives:

The mind boggles.

AFAICT, BFC have one bloke working on fixes for CMSF. But then they only have one programmer, so what do you expect?

Probably Steve, Dan, Martin, Matt and Fernando are working on the next module, and possibly the WW2 game as well. I don't quite see how having them as beta testers helps, as they don't really do any programming.

They ought to just stop working on any modules or new games until the get this one right. I would not, in 1 million years, buy another CMX2 game until this one was right.

Right now, it ain't even close.

[ December 31, 2007, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Nemesis Lead ]

Hmm... 'ought to be fixed'... most of this stuff is just pure trivia and I really hope they're not going to waste much time on it. I'd like to see 1.06 out some time in the next 2-3 weeks thank you. This 'wish' list would take months to do. But as you said, some people won't agree with all of it and it obviously matters a lot to some of you.

Charles has already fixed the low walls bug so we can expect to see that. I can live without almost everything on this list for a LONG time to come except the split squads thing. It still happens a LOT.