Thanks BFC!!

DzrtFox

Just wanted to thank you guys for the surprise release of the patch today!! I am hoping that THIS will finally be the patch that allows me to play through (and enjoy) the campaign!! I was expecting just a couple fixes considering the speed with which this patch was released, but the readme file got my mouth watering.

The way you guys have hung in there and continued to evolve the game into something special is definitely to be commended!!

Quite amazing and quite a surprise. I've never seen customer support this good. Most game developers would have given up on there game and their fan base long ago. Usually in about two months of the game being out, after releasing one or two small insignificant patches (1.01 and 1.02) would move on to announce their new game which they have in the works or an expansion and start working on promotional trailers and screen shots, like some fly by night company.

A patch this big in two weeks that's unheard of.

Fixing a game that was released in alpha after people shell out $50 bucks isnt customer support. Thats covering your behind, so you don't lose your behind on your next buisinness venture.

We should all recieve a pro-rated cash rebate for the time we've been sitting on a lemon.

Echo, I don't know how long you've been around nor your little side kick Peter Pan "Duh, I agree hah"

what are you "twenty-somethingish" but the fact of the mater is games and software are quite different than cars and most games these days offer very little support. As I've already stated.

They could have left you to hang and started there next game like every other game developer out there.

I know the game was buggy, but look how far its come if they where any other game developer they would have given up on it and there fan base long ago in favor of making a new game and to get new customers or claim that everything in the new game was going to fixed what was broken in the previous and offer a whole lot more.

And forget about getting you money back you don't go to a restaurant and have the cook rewarm you soup and add whatever else you wanted in it and then ask for you money back.

I know the game should have been better than it was but you two come off as a couple of spolt punks. Go to the STALKER forum and sulk.

Thx BFC for the QUICK PARADOX VER. PATCH RELEASE, thx for not spoiling a friday evening (wish I could say that for my "Kalypso"-version-ToW).

Looking forward now to get me some icecold bottles of Beck`s (*WARNING: Alcohol is a hard drug*) and do some finetuning on my first scenario.

:cool:

Greetings - Egon

Originally posted by Egon:

Thx BFC for the QUICK PARADOX VER. PATCH RELEASE, thx for not spoiling a friday evening (wish I could say that for my "Kalypso"-version-ToW).

What Egon said, in both respects. As I said in the ToW forum the contrast between BFs attitude to the two products, and their customers, is striking.

To be fair though, while it's always disturbing to see a game released when it clearly wasn't ready (the inevitable reason is cash-flow, or lack of it) once done the most you can ask for is that it be fixed and BF have certainly done that. CMSF is a first class product now. Just hoping they surprise me by actually developing and releasing the Brits module after the USMC one.

FaxisAxis,

I can't believe I am actually defendng them.....but look at their member numbers. They appear to have been around here for a while. Doesn't mean their points are shared by me but does mean they aren't "Johnny come latelys".

This game was released nowhere near the Alpha level that has been insinuated by Echo(trust me on this one) but the current build of the game has not only fixed previous issues but made it a VERY fun game to play.

To be fair CMSF had a lot of problems, and some people don't care enough to give a free pass to any game developer, that's their perogative.

The game may have taken its time getting there, but Panzer Mike said it best:

Yes, CMSF was a lemon.

Yes, support from BFC to fix the lemon was excellent.

And CMSF is now no longer a lemon.

All is well that ends well.

Just my 0.02

The pace of improvements now that the big bugs have been killed seems to be accelerating at an exponential rate, and seems to give great support to the CMx2 concept of throwing out the old games for a new more flexible code.

Just like the last CM games were steady improvements, CMSF is the solid foundation for more and better games.

Originally posted by securityguard:

still waiting for them to fix tcp/ip

having to play real time with sync issues and everything else going haywire makes this game unplayable

Can you explain what your saying? TCP/IP is working and as far as I can tell playing a TCP/IP game and PBEM, I don't see any issues about sync or everything else going haywire.

Hello everyone:

Pardon my condensed initial post.

Echo's point, while brusque and arguably something of a quibble, expressed a simple truth.

Aside from being motivated developers, the folks at BFC must exercise a practical, long term business sense. While I will not presume any deep insight into their motivations, superficially, the continued work on this title not only reflects their long standing ethic, but also an undercurrent of damage control. While strident in its expression, I found Echo's willingness to peek under the curtain refreshing.

As evidenced by the responses in this thread, all of us are passionate about this title - many are already satisfied with its growth - perhaps fewer, like myself, feel there is work remaining in some noticeable areas.

I must thank Elvis and Panzer Mike for injecting some useful perspective into this discussion. I remain confident BFC is the right team to pull the loose aspects of this title together and I certainly wish you all many hours of great tactical gaming.

[ February 23, 2008, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Peter Panzer ]

Granted that if you want to play this on your own against the PC it is much better than it was obviously.

If you want to play it against another human bean however its still a Lemon.

It all depends what you want. I notice on the SF webpage it says playable in WEGO PBEM and TCP/IP. Im sorry guys but thats false advertising I think as it clearly isnt. Maybe it should be changed?

I'm actually thinking about applying for a refund of some sort right now based on this. How long am I supposed to wait to play another person?

Originally posted by JohnO:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by securityguard:

still waiting for them to fix tcp/ip

having to play real time with sync issues and everything else going haywire makes this game unplayable

Can you explain what your saying? TCP/IP is working and as far as I can tell playing a TCP/IP game and PBEM, I don't see any issues about sync or everything else going haywire. </font>

Originally posted by GSX:

It all depends what you want. I notice on the SF webpage it says playable in WEGO PBEM and TCP/IP. Im sorry guys but thats false advertising I think as it clearly isnt. Maybe it should be changed?

I’m not a lawyer but when I queried this, it was mentioned to me that it does support WEGO PBEM and TCP/IP, but not WEGO PBEM and WEGO TCP/IP.

I am continuing to lobby for WEGO TCP/IP in the Skunkworks area but am not at liberty to say how its progressing.

Er it may support PBEM, but it doesnt bloody work, never has worked and looking at it right now Im not sure it ever will.

I bought this game to play WEGO PBEM almost 8 months ago and have yet to play as advertised, if thats not worth a refund I dont know what is.

Originally posted by GSX:

Er it may support PBEM, but it doesnt bloody work, never has worked and looking at it right now Im not sure it ever will.

I bought this game to play WEGO PBEM almost 8 months ago and have yet to play as advertised, if thats not worth a refund I dont know what is.

I disagree, It is working because I'm doing a PBEM and right now were at turn seventeen and with no problems.