Peng Battles With The Video Challenge Thread

Speedy

I care, Seaniepoo. I care for the babe mewling in the hot dark night and I care for the frosted beading on a mug of cold ale. I care for my son and his friends and their friends, whom throuh dendritic connections eventually become everyone. I care that some parts of everyone are witless feckers who traded laced shoes for velcro and slip-ons simply through inability to grasp the concept of "over, under." I care that some people in high power look upon everyone as a commodity. I care that someone has to die for their buddies at the behest of others who come slowly to realize the horrific costs that arise from stately graspings and quibbles for power.

I care that you write prose late into the dark, cold night. I care that you light a candle from time to time to push back on the shifting, ever-pressing grey fog of mediocrity. I care that the MBT can always be found by following the warm glow of the fire and the sound of song.

I CARE, and therein lies my weakness, as well as the hidden truth of power.

Then again, perhaps I'm just a feckless yippie.

In any event, I am Thankful for care. Oh, and beer.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By George lads, I don't know when I've been so excited about a game. Now I know, I know, the forum rules frown upon advertising for other games (and particularly for other TOP NOTCH Simulations) but in this case I can't imagine that BFC would object. Lads ... I bring you ...

<big><big>BUS DRIVER!</big></big>

Here's the scoop from the OFFICIAL Website:

Drive all kinds of buses: school bus, prison bus, city bus, a double-decker!

Find out what a bus driver's life is like:

* tackle all kinds of weather conditions, day and night

* find your way around in a large city with several quarters

* handle the responsibility of collecting children for school

* transport a basketball team to opponents' stadium

* drive a prison bus under tight security conditions

* make sure the city transportation system is perfectly on time

Bus Driver is a very different driving game compared to the usual crop.

There is no mad race in the bus game, instead, you need to pay attention to make sure the passengers are not upset by your careless driving, that you are on schedule, and all traffic rules are observed.

You are not driving an agile car that can brake on a dime. You are behind the wheel of a big vehicle, and you need to keep this in mind all the time!

Boy howdy, I know I'LL be first in line for this one.

Joe

Originally posted by Leeo:

I care, Seaniepoo. I care for the babe mewling in the hot dark night and I care for the frosted beading on a mug of cold ale. I care for my son and his friends and their friends, whom throuh dendritic connections eventually become everyone. I care that some parts of everyone are witless feckers who traded laced shoes for velcro and slip-ons simply through inability to grasp the concept of "over, under." I care that some people in high power look upon everyone as a commodity. I care that someone has to die for their buddies at the behest of others who come slowly to realize the horrific costs that arise from stately graspings and quibbles for power.

I care that you write prose late into the dark, cold night. I care that you light a candle from time to time to push back on the shifting, ever-pressing grey fog of mediocrity. I care that the MBT can always be found by following the warm glow of the fire and the sound of song.

I CARE, and therein lies my weakness, as well as the hidden truth of power.

Then again, perhaps I'm just a feckless yippie.

*** sniff...sniff ****, thats beautiful, man.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

By George lads, I don't know when I've been so excited about a game. Now I know, I know, the forum rules frown upon advertising for other games (and particularly for other TOP NOTCH Simulations) but in this case I can't imagine that BFC would object. Lads ... I bring you ...

Joe

Though I care a lot, in general terms, I'm not quite sure I could get riled up about a bus hitting the Justicar. Well, I guess I'd care as to what type of bus hit him. Wouldn't it be ironic if the bus that hit the Justicar was a short one?

Perhaps this could be done within the simulation?

Originally posted by Stuka:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

I wonder how many times I can get the prison bus to roll.

Why? So you can get thrown into the back with all the prisoners?

You'd like that wouldn't you sweet cheeks. </font>

I have to tell you lads, I'm disappointed ... sure the OBVIOUS Women's Prison Bus came to mind (well ... to Lars anyway, jury's still out on exactly what constitutes a "mind") ... buncha of pervs ... but NO ONE mentioned anything about:

Find out what a bus driver's life is like
I mean COME ON PEOPLE ... this just CRIES OUT for a comparison to, say, Boo Radley's life. And speaking of Boo Radley ... well Croda too, there's this little gem that's MADE TO ORDER:

* find your way around in a large city with several quarters
Give each of them a buck in quarters and they're gone for DAYS.

And if we MUST roll in the gutter ... and why not after all ... what kind of self respecting perv would miss:

* handle the responsibility of collecting children for school

* transport a basketball team to opponents' stadium

I'm talking CHEERLEADERS here!

People I can't do EVERYTHING for you ... I set 'em up and I EXPECT you to knock 'em down.

Joe

Christ! Who in their right mind is turned on by a busload of yattering hens squaking about brand x jeans, cosmetic brand y and how much it hurt when they got their nipples pierced... Never mind the back massaging for sore muscles and the inevitable comparison of their leg waxing results. Jeepers, we're talking about, what 19 to 23 year old College girls who haven't been physically altered by childbirth, breast feeding or gravity and haven't turned into bank account nazi's who hold sex over your head like some kind of carrot then ask you for a new kitchen...

What was I saying?

Oh I know, sod off with your cheerleading bus driving fantasies already! Ya sick-o! Now a bus load of naughty Stormtrooper-ettes going to Dragon Con might get interesting...

I'm going to share a little story here about a bus and a female sports team.

About 2 years ago I was driving around my home town and pulled up behind a bus stopped at traffic lights.

It was with interest I noticed what I think were women in their 30s sitting right at the back of the bus. Obviously a sports team (netball maybe?)

Anyhoo they looked around and gave me a wave (and of course I waved back) then they started talking and giggling at one another.

and then....

and then...

2 stood up, dropped their drawers and mooned me by pressing their bottoms up against the back window of the bus! And let me tell you the view was particularly nice!!

Now the thing I want to know in all seriousness is......

Will this be simulated in the bus game?

What I'd like to know, Joe, is if you have sooooo much time on your hands that you can be sitting in front of your Commodore 64, dribbling Campbell's Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup onto the keyboard, looking for more and more mind-numbingly boring games to... er... bore us with, why can't you RETURN A FREAKIN' FILE ONCE IN AWHILE???

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

What I'd like to know, Joe, is if you have sooooo much time on your hands that you can be sitting in front of your Commodore 64, dribbling Campbell's Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup onto the keyboard, looking for more and more mind-numbingly boring games to... er... bore us with, why can't you RETURN A FREAKIN' FILE ONCE IN AWHILE???

Right, that's it ... I'm personally CALLING you in ... uh ... 12 minutes to give you a piece of my mind young man.

Joe

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Right, that's it ... I'm personally CALLING you in ... uh ... 12 minutes to give you a piece of my mind young man.

Joe </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe </font>

Joe </font>

Originally posted by Leeo:

Son of a bitch. I really appreciate that. Also, beer.

Now I know, I know, the forum rules frown upon advertising for other games (and particularly for other TOP NOTCH Simulations) but in this case I can't imagine that BFC would object. Lads ... I bring you ...

Joe

The next time you're in Minnesota, I'm going to kick you until you stop moving.

Originally posted by Lars:

I wonder how many times I can get the prison bus to roll.

You know, Lars, I wouldn't put even money on you on any given weekend night to get a car door open on less than three tries.

But I will withdraw all the money, whatever the amount, that I have in the bank, and put it on you at any odds to roll a prison bus not less than 4 times. And not just in a game.

Because I know you, Lars. And I know that you are a champion.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Now I know, I know, the forum rules frown upon advertising for other games (and particularly for other TOP NOTCH Simulations) but in this case I can't imagine that BFC would object. Lads ... I bring you ...

Joe

The next time you're in Minnesota, I'm going to kick you until you stop moving. </font>

News follows.

Things are finally getting to where they approach normal on the home front. We should be closing on the house by the end of the month. I got promoted to Police Sergeant at work. The baby is crawling all over the house like a spider monkey. And as hard as I try to stay away from this den of iniquity, something keeps pulling me back in, it is actually quite frightening.

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

News follows.

Things are finally getting to where they approach normal on the home front. We should be closing on the house by the end of the month. I got promoted to Police Sergeant at work. The baby is crawling all over the house like a spider monkey. And as hard as I try to stay away from this den of iniquity, something keeps pulling me back in, it is actually quite frightening.

Not anywhere NEAR as frightening as the thought of you being promoted to Police Sergeant ... and I thought the National Guard was the only outfit with low standards.

Joe

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

By the by, you all look very handsome in your little sailor suits. Smiling and shuffling. The perfect answer to those who wanted a daughter, but had to acknowledge that sometimes there are testicles.

luckily not in your case </font>