Best Wargame of all time

kam99

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does SEAL Team count? Great wargame, great simulation.

Otherwise I'd have to go with a tie between XCOM, SP and TOAW in terms of play time. Honestly, any game that is (or that I can turn into) a sandbox game is likely to devour a massive amount of my time.

Any chance someone could post a link to the thread over there? Been a while since I cruised that forum.

Hmmm, over all if I had to pick one and just one?

CMx1 OK, that's a series... so it would have to be CMBB.

Why? Replayability. Even Harpoon and MOO2, which are close, and I love those two games, do not have the same staying power.

Steel Panthers... no reverse.

Originally posted by kipanderson:

Happily there is to be an Eastern Front CMX2 so lets hope the engine has matured enough by then to more than equal CMBB smile.gif .

Where did you hear this? I don't believe there has ever been an official announcement of an Eastern Front CMx2 game. Steve always said the market wasn't there for Eastern Front but as the BFC team personally liked the setting it might happen. I don't recall him ever saying it definitely would happen or was even planned.

Hi all,

I must say that my favorite game of all time was a long long time ago. It was called AV8B Harrier Assualt, and the a later updated version called SVGA Harrier Assualt.

Basically you were a Harrier pilot flying support of a USMC MEU assulting the island of Timor.

It was alot of fun.

Here is a link to a download page, but I cannot get it to work.

I would forever be in your graces if one of your computer heads could try downloading it and get it to work.

Thanks,

Pop

http://www.migman.com/ref/1990_combat/SVGAHarrier/SVGAHarrier.htm

Originally posted by DzrtFox:

To me the best wargame ever made is Myth II: Soulblighter. It's set in a fantasy world but I have never experienced tactical warfare on a computer anywhere close to this. No resource management, no build queues... just pick your best guys and destroy the opposition with real tactics.

CMx1 games are without a doubt my second favorite. Because of that I had huge hopes for CM:SF, but so far I haven't exactly been thrilled. I'm still hanging on to a slim hope though!! (although it is growing slimmer by the day)

I imagine you already know this but a third party has patched Myth I and II to run on XP. I played some LAN games with my brother when he was visiting a month ago and it was like old times. Except I actually won a couple lol!

Best Wargames.

Panzer General- Paid $5k to play a $39 game. Never be able to say that again.

Down in Flames- Simple and addictive.

Seal Team- No wragame ever deserved an update more!

Fleet Defender- First time I heard "Fox 3", I almost fell out my chair.

Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear- Still the best multi-player shooter ever. PDW, nuff said. smile.gif

CMBO (Demo release day) OMG, only day in 20 years I was ever late to the range.

Operation Flashpoint- Best feel of real combat and so fun to create scenarios.