Poll: Do you think the game is much more playable after 103

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I want a different game than BFC wants to provide, but in 1.03 the basics are still not these:

</font>

• Fire on the enemy on sight (and don't artificially pessimize the ammo situation in the game)</font>
  • Move where plotted</font>
  • Obstacles need to provide cover and concealment that is close to their visual appearance, unless a documented abstraction is chosen (as it was in CMx1)</font>

And that doesn't open the whole can of worms of unit selection (in the editor), LOS tool in the editor, better AI planning options that I would require for scenario making.

For me I think its issues revolving around the 1:1 representation. By itself its fine, but without a 1:1 terrain representation and an TAC-AI that is BETTER than CMx1, I think it doesn't work. Infantry is the single most important thing on the battlefield, and infantry representation just plain sucks in CMx2. CM:SF revolves around armor, so I expect the problem will only grow with the release of CM:Marines and CM:WW2.

I have lots of fun with it but getting tank sniped through a berm is no fun.

You know what I mean, absolutley no LOS to enemy unit...then bang! Your vehicle is a volcanic eruption on wheels and no idea how the shell was able to punch thru what looks like 10m of solid ground.

That is the main enjoyment killer for me.