Syrian Vehicles Blog

Drool drool.

You can't tell me Red-on-Red battles don't look appealing now. With those ACs and a few generic troops you can imagine you're fighting 2/3rds the 'small' conflicts of the last half century! Cambodia, Yemen, Angola, Cuba, Turkmenistan... has Turkmenistan been involved in any recent conflicts? :confused: :rolleyes:

Capt. Toleran,

The tire on the turret indicates advanced engineering. In case of a roll over, the pnuematically pressurized tire aids in a "bounce" to help upright the vehicle. Should that fail, and the vehicle remain inverted, the tire is used to extricate the vehicle from the line of fire. This is accomplished by, while balanced upside-down on the turret, having the gunner quickly rotate the turret either clockwise or counterclockwise (depending on the threat direction) and wheeling the vehicle away. It doesn't quite roll, manuevering more in a siderwinder style, but still able to sidle back behind terrain.

Does that help?

smile.gif

Regards,

Ken

These screenshots are incredible, and are far and away the best I've seen yet. I'm having trouble figuring out if the sky box has been updated yet. In some of the pictures it seems like the background resolution is much more crisp but in others not as much. No matter what those models are stunning! The faces of the Syrian tankers seem to be very detailed as well, more so than what I've seen up to this point. Only a couple of pictures with minor shading lines as well. I also love how the armor plates over the windows of the BRDM-2 can go up and down. This is the most exciting!

Originally posted by c3k:

Capt. Toleran,

The tire on the turret indicates advanced engineering. In case of a roll over, the pnuematically pressurized tire aids in a "bounce" to help upright the vehicle. Should that fail, and the vehicle remain inverted, the tire is used to extricate the vehicle from the line of fire. This is accomplished by, while balanced upside-down on the turret, having the gunner quickly rotate the turret either clockwise or counterclockwise (depending on the threat direction) and wheeling the vehicle away. It doesn't quite roll, manuevering more in a siderwinder style, but still able to sidle back behind terrain.

Does that help?

smile.gif

Regards,

Ken

Does CMSF model this? (if it's true)

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by c3k:

Capt. Toleran,

Does that help?

smile.gif

Regards,

Ken

Does CMSF model this? (if it's true) </font>

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Drool drool.

You can't tell me Red-on-Red battles don't look appealing now. With those ACs and a few generic troops you can imagine you're fighting 2/3rds the 'small' conflicts of the last half century! Cambodia, Yemen, Angola, Cuba, Turkmenistan... has Turkmenistan been involved in any recent conflicts? :confused: :rolleyes: [/quote

Forget Turkmenistan !

Chechnya

Yugoslavia

And almost all africa and middle east.

Iran Iraq...

South america (I bet there are some deserts there)

The possibilities are huge. :D

I don´t know if party officials can draw but russian vehicles are sexy. :rolleyes:

Hi,

All looks outstanding…. the evening I get home and find CMSF is released I will immediately be downloading a copy smile.gif .

However… it is a shame this setting for CMX2 will be so one-sided… ;) .

I would be lying if I said anything other than that high-intensity warfare between opponents in the same “ball-park” is my first love. The Syrian kit shown in the blog was designed in the ‘60s for war against ‘70s US kit such as the M113 APCs and M60 tanks. Against that generation it would perform just fine.

All good fun,

All the best,

Kip.

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by c3k:

Capt. Toleran,

Does that help?

smile.gif

Regards,

Ken

Does CMSF model this? (if it's true) </font>

this is one of those posts that just makes you want to put your forehead into the palm of your hand and sigh deeply.
Hey, we all have our moments
I don't think you understand, they are sighing because they couldn't believe you hadn't heard of this fact yet. You should see an Abrams do it, now that is something amazing.

smile.gif

Originally posted by C'Rogers:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />this is one of those posts that just makes you want to put your forehead into the palm of your hand and sigh deeply.

Hey, we all have our moments
I don't think you understand, they are sighing because they couldn't believe you hadn't heard of this fact yet. You should see an Abrams do it, now that is something amazing.

smile.gif </font>