Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

You want a story, Leeeeeo?

OK, here's a feckin' story for you.

"Once upon a time, they lived happily ever after."

Happy now, Girly-man?

Not enough character development?

OK... how about this, then...

"Leeeeeo's forces cowered inside his big brick buildings, every tank he brought to the line, destroyed by the enemy's crack shots. Any time his troops raised their pointy little heads, they were met with withering tank and small arms fire along with uncannily accurate artillery barrages. Leeeeeo capered and gibbered, for he knew the inevitable outcome! There was only one way to stave off defeat! He must surrender! 'SURRENDER NOW, LEEEEO AND PERHAPS I WILL SPARE YOUR WORTHLESS HIDE!!!', shouted his opponent (a very skilled player, who was also tall and handsome).

And you know what happened???

That's exactly what Leeeeo did. He surrendered!

THE END!"

Don't you just love stories with a happy ending?

Not if you spared his worthless hide.

Originally posted by Leeo:

We'll see what kind of think you get when your pixeltruppen finally get into the city, prancing nancy pants!

If there's even a city LEFT when I get through with it, what with my Brummbars and Tigers and StuGs (Oh my!)

Your wild wolf-like howls of giddy glee will turn into the forlorn yips of a whipped puppy before I'm done with you, annoying Worst Coaster!

Speaking of puppies, I too hope Jo (the dog) is OK.

May Jo (the dog) forever frolic in the joyous puppy fields of Here, now, and forever, regardless the outcome of medical difficulties. As an adjunct, I wish for minimizations of Jo (the dog)'s medical difficulties as an example referring to the first, more general inclinations and well wishings of joy to those that are human's best friends remaining (mostly) uneaten.

For Boo, on the other infinitely more distasteful hand, I wish nothing but months of pixel-hunched fear from sniper's lead chunks, ecstatic with hope for cold lunch, getting the inevitable slow crunch of folly's revenge-hearted punch, and pixel graves gone to seed in a year.

Maybe a pixel beer at the end, but everything else is right-out.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I will tell you Stories of Wonder.

Will there be bares? Please, tell me there will be bares.

Bared souls; bared hearts; bared feelings; lives laid bare; bare emotions; bare survival; bare cognition; bare lucidity...

Yes, please, good sir, let there be bares. </font>

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

One would think that since he is eye to eye with stacks of books in his hovel, he would be able to understand the it is HE who is incorrect regarding the spelling in this instance...

Hiram, you idiot. I have more books than you're likely to encounter in all the days of your life unless you should one day, no doubt drunk and lost, wander into a library.

I have dictionaries leapin' about the place like gazelles, each one begging me to verify my least little moment of confusion with them.

I have a grasp of language that makes your various valiant attempts at questioning me seem like a small child's attempt at 'talking like a big girl'.

I told you, I gave Joe a Title. The Title was Justicar.

Now, be a good lad, and send me some recent pictures of you and the family.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I will tell you Stories of Wonder.

Will there be bares? Please, tell me there will be bares.

Bared souls; bared hearts; bared feelings; lives laid bare; bare emotions; bare survival; bare cognition; bare lucidity...

Yes, please, good sir, let there be bares. </font>

LAZARUS

by Steven 'Seanachai' Pemble

They came for him in the darkness, in that non-time that comes at the end of night but before early morning; not yet one, nor the other. The safe house was not as safe as they’d thought. The men who took him, the three who seized him and dragged him out to the waiting Bronco with opaque tinted windows wore no uniforms, and he felt the immensity of that dread.

No official detention, then. No simple arrest; no official entity responsible, however laughingly, for his where-abouts or well-being. He rode through the streets of the city with a sack on his head. Twice he tried to speak, to ask where he was going, and was punched into gasping incoherence.

[ January 18, 2007, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

LAZARUS

by Steven 'Seanachai' Pemble

They came for him in the darkness, in that non-time that comes at the end of night but before early morning; not yet one, nor the other. The safe house was not as safe as they’d thought. The men who took him, the three who seized him and dragged him out to the waiting Bronco with opaque tinted windows wore no uniforms, and he felt the immensity of that dread.

No official detention, then. No simple arrest; no official entity responsible, however laughingly, for his where-abouts or well-being. He rode through the streets of the city with a sack on his head. Twice he tried to speak, to ask where he was going, and was punched into gasping incoherence.

It's O. J. right?

The Bronco gave it away.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Lazarus

Damnit, this is going to turn into some sort of parable, isn't it? Something with a friggen moral. Something where you can't take any of it at face value and just sort of half-listen in while doing your taxes. Rather, this will be something where one must seek to translate it into some epistemological treatise on ethics and the bitter existence that arises from the lack of such.

Crap. I wanted a story, Seanachai. However, I guess this will have to do. Thank you. DANCE ON, you feck!

Maybe there are no good guys.

Maybe the guy being abducted is just marginally less evil than the guys doing the abducting. Or maybe slightly more evil.

Perhaps there IS no good character, situation, organization in this story, just varying degrees of badness, like you have in Dante's version of hell.

Perhaps it's the antitheses if a morality play... an anti-morality play if you will.

Or maybe my blood sugar's too low and I need a cookie to tide me over until lunch.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Maybe there are no good guys.

Maybe the guy being abducted is just marginally less evil than the guys doing the abducting. Or maybe slightly more evil.

Perhaps there IS no good character, situation, organization in this story, just varying degrees of badness, like you have in Dante's version of hell.

Perhaps it's the antitheses if a morality play... an anti-morality play if you will.

Or maybe my blood sugar's too low and I need a cookie to tide me over until lunch.

Or maybe, just maybe you're just a freekin' idjit. Maybe.......