Peng Has Challenged the Witch of Westmoreland, and Answered Swift the Call

Dear Hiram,

I kid because I love. I read that article as soonas I opened my beer and tear soaked eyes this morning (or should I say mourning). But hold your little pea head up high and proud. They were beaten but a better team but they did not choke or fold. (Of course I will never understand why Reid went for it on 4th and 26 against Green Bay a few years ago a deeper in their own territory but didn't go for it in a better situation yesterday)

So far both games this weekend have shown why this is the best weekend of football every year.

I agree about Sirius. I got it for Christmas last year for Howard Stern and now I am a junkie for it. Here is an example of how satilite centric I've become. Sirius carries live broadcasts from both the home and away cities for all NFL games. I took lil Elvis to the final regular season Eagles game. We left with some time in the fourth quarter. When I got in the car I figured I'd listen to the rest on the radio. No lie I spent a good 10 minutes going up and down the Sirius chanells trying to find the Eagles game before it dawned on me that I was in Philadelphia and knew very well the local station that broadcast the game. It was just never on my radar.

Love,

Elvis

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess worked on phonics didn't work for elvis .. can't even spell my name right. Ah well .. I'm sure someone with some idea of witt will be along shortly to put me in my place .. you just keep on tryin elvis .. i'm sure you'll get it some day.

Wamphyri

Seanachai; I've drunk again, and need a bedtime story. You know, a rollicking tale of Olde Ones, Justicars, Squires, serfs and ssn's. Something that smells of gunpowder, napalm, and excrement.

Hellooo... Can you understand the words that my fingers are typing?

Originally posted by Leeo:

Boo had a Tiger,

it showed no fear.

Boo's clanky behemoth

came too near.

Boo got cautious

but have no fear,

The American GI's

will be wearing Boo's ear.

Tank you, tank you berry punch!

That's very good, Leeeeeo, even if you did repeat the word, "fear".

But, it's more than I expected, what with your limited vocabulary.

Tell ya what... if I put it to music will you play it for us on your banjo?

Ironically enough, I've just received an E-mail from the Bard and he apologized for leaving us all headless and adrift without so much as a fair-thee-well, but this continued inability to paddle his kayak through the larger puddles in his yard has left him limp and wan (Even more so than usual, apparently) and so, as an alternative has taken up teaching ballroom dancing to Minneapolis' homeless population.

When asked about this, he said, "Many doors which normally might be closed to these unfortunates, due to their newfound elegance, will be opened wide!"

At which point, he leaped upon the back of Rocinante, spurring him towards a distant windmill.

[ January 15, 2007, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Boo Radley ]

Gamey updates...

I finally managed to get Nidan1 to send me a scenario that was less than Corps sized & so we are playing a cute little Huertgen forest scenario... the action began almost immediately with my green, weakened troops struggling against the weather, dug in Germans & artillery treebursts... its like WW1 or something, speaking of which...

Stickypixie , Peng damn him, has just beaten me in a Somme scenario OF MY OWN design... that's just wrong on so many levels... still it was non stop action from turn one to the end so no real complaints

Joe Shaw is also currently playing me in a scenario of my own design... he won't beat me though, tank or no tank for he doesn't understand 'THE RULES OF THE GAME'... we're about 5 minutes in & the action has also been pretty non stop

NG Cavscout was slaughtering my Tigers in a scenario that he has previously played many, many time 'for practice'... the action in this one also started almost immediately & hasn't really stopped since...but now he's training or sumfink & the game is on hold

Lastly, & of course least, I and Boo Radley are playing on a map of HIS OWN DESIGN... we're already 58 turns in & nothing WHATSOEVER has happened... no sightings, no sounds, certainly no fire... I'm sure the buggar has given me the worlds dullest map just to get some kind of twisted revenge on me for previously sending those somewhat 'skewed in my favour' scenarios... we're so bored that in our emails we're left with nothing to chat about but obscure 14th century measurements, still I suppose this kind of thing is cerebral & stuff...

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Everyone,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justiciar

Love Pings friend,

Elvis

P.S. Ping is the brand golf club I have always used. My woods are wood too. They make a whack noise when I hit meself on the head not a "tink" noise.

You golf?!

You are far more sick, disturbed and irredeemable than I had ever previously imagined.

And I have an imagination that's pretty thorough-going. We could even call it 'supple'.

I dream in full colour (or even, when required by the material, in sepia tones), and most of my dreams involve serious story-lines, characterization and even strange plot developments. I have, on occasion, woken up from a dream and wondered about plot holes, only to realize upon reflection that they were covered by an earlier aspect of the dream.

Also, in my dreams, I deal on friendly terms with the dead. And, in other dreams, I have been known to get up to all sorts of hi-jinks.

But never in my most base, vicious and pedestrian dreams did I think that you golfed.

I had always held you above that sort of thing. It grieves me to find that I was wrong.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

The bolding of names is a practice that I choose to follow to differentiate members of the CessPool from the great unwashed masses in the Outerboard, but it is NOT a requirement.

Joe

And I agree. Bolding the name requires an application of UBB code. It requires noting when you use the name of a significant 'Pooler. It requires the fussy business of typing a correct sequence of symbols, and checking afterwards to see if you've done it right.

What it mainly requires, of course, is attention.

If you're not willing to take the time to sort out the UBB code to bold a 'Pooler, then you're just another Wanker posting, eh?

Any useless waste of Human Sperm can post here, almost endlessly, about any sodding thing that comes into the portions of his or her brain that the Aliens have left clear of a fascination with bodily functions and Lego toy configurations, and we have only a handful of remedies for dealing with it.

So why should we respond to anyone who can't take the trouble to sort out [ b ] Name [ /b ]?

Also, it makes you pay attention, hopefully to what you're actually saying, so that you don't just go off like a freaking lunatic and rave.

Of course, for the experienced, it all becomes a rather amusing game...

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Everyone,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justiciar

Love Pings friend,

Elvis

P.S. Ping is the brand golf club I have always used. My woods are wood too. They make a whack noise when I hit meself on the head not a "tink" noise.

You golf?!

You are far more sick, disturbed and irredeemable than I had ever previously imagined.

And I have an imagination that's pretty thorough-going. We could even call it 'supple'.

I dream in full colour (or even, when required by the material, in sepia tones), and most of my dreams involve serious story-lines, characterization and even strange plot developments. I have, on occasion, woken up from a dream and wondered about plot holes, only to realize upon reflection that they were covered by an earlier aspect of the dream.

Also, in my dreams, I deal on friendly terms with the dead. And, in other dreams, I have been known to get up to all sorts of hi-jinks.

But never in my most base, vicious and pedestrian dreams did I think that you golfed.

I had always held you above that sort of thing. It grieves me to find that I was wrong. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

The bolding of names is a practice that I choose to follow to differentiate members of the CessPool from the great unwashed masses in the Outerboard, but it is NOT a requirement.

Joe

And I agree. ...{snipped}...

Of course, for the experienced, it all becomes a rather amusing game... </font>