Ain't It Just Like the Peng Challenge To Play Tricks When You're Tryin To Be So Quiet

Seanachai

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mace:

Also, tag whatever you can with 'Mother Beautiful Thread' or 'MBT'.....there's always room for a bit of marketing.

I can just imagine the seeing news reports with MBT spraypainted all over walls and such.

It would probably be spelt wrong too.

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

I am soo drunk right now..

ANd I think Im falling in love with a clients daughter...

That's crap all right. Poor woman should be warned. Quickly.</font>

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

OGSF, yon gibberish spouting kilt sniffer,...blah, blah, blah...

Kilt sniffer?? Kilt sniffer as at? Hoo ailse am Ah supposed tae taill af'n Ah kin gi' another di's wear oot of at?

Di ye noo hae some sand tae pound, Jimmy?

Originally posted by OGSF:

Kilt sniffer as at? Hoo ailse am Ah supposed tae taill af'n Ah kin gi' another di's wear oot of at?

What's that lovely line from that sad, utterly stupid movie?

'Wearing a kilt means never having to do your laundry'

Or something like that. Resend has been re-sent, you great, quasi-articulate puddle of kidney filtered ale.

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

I am soo drunk right now..

ANd I think Im falling in love with a clients daughter...

crap

That's nothing. I just returned from a Nordic Roots Music Festival at the Cedar Cultural Center. Not only did I have to listen to music by Swedes, but the headliner group were fecking Finns. Although the Finnish group did include one Norwegian. He was the only one with a distinguishable sense of humour. Or it might have been his odd grasp of English that made what he said funny, it's hard to say.

Actually, the first group that was 'Swedish' was this rather lovely Swedish woman playing the viola, and this guy from Senegal who now lives in Sweden who played the West African instrument the Kora. The were joined on stage by two local musicians that they're friends with, a jazz guitar player and a guy whose roots seem to be in bluegrass/mountain music (which basically makes it Scots Irish). Very eclectic.

The Finnish group had two guys who did basically all the talking (except when they turned the Norwegian loose to try and show that Square-heads have a sense of humour), and they spoke very good English. But, like most Finns speaking English, they sounded like the kid characters from South Park. Queer and disturbing. Aren't there any Finns who don't speak in some bizarre nasal upper register? It was like spending a weekend with Chicagoans trying to do the voice-track from the movie 'Fargo'.

But the tickets were free, courtesy of a much younger friend, and at least the Finns had one woman (out of seven members) who was very attractive. She never spoke, just stood there and played fiddle while wearing a pair of purple jeans that looked like they may have been painted on to her.

Of course, none of this is addressing Hortlund's dilemma regarding his blooming infatuation with a client's daughter.

Hortlund: You're a lawyer, for the love of God! Where's the problem? Do the same thing to her you're probably already doing to her father. Just make it more literal than figurative.

Just make sure you use some form of protection, or we'll have to have a whip-round to buy the poor wee lass the 'morning after' pill.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Just make sure you use some form of protection, or we'll have to have a whip-round to buy the poor wee lass the 'morning after' pill.

Or perhaps a gun, with a bullet in the chamber? </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

That's nothing. I just returned from a Nordic Roots Music Festival at the Cedar Cultural Center.

Right now every cell in my body screams "WHY". And no, not why did he return, although now that I think about it, that is an excellent question too...I have smart cells apparently. But why in gawds name would ANYONE go to a Nordic roots music festival at a place callled the cedar cultural center? The name of the "festival" and the place of the "festival" is warning enough...its like bright red lights and an airride siren going off at 140 db.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Hortlund: You're a lawyer, for the love of God! Where's the problem? Do the same thing to her you're probably already doing to her father. Just make it more literal than figurative.

THe problem my dear Seanachai the PROBLEM is that she is married and has kids.

THe problem my dear Seanachai the PROBLEM is that she is married and has kids. </font>

THe problem my dear Seanachai the PROBLEM is that she is married and has kids. </font>

Yes yes...you bastards have made me realize that I have been looking at this situation from a glass-is-half-empty point of view.

Who was it that said that hope is what destroys a man? It was Morgan Freeman in Shawshank redemption wasnt it?

You evil bastards, I see your plan now...you are as clever as you are vile. By dripping words of honey into my ear you have managed to lit that small beacon of hope that I tried to drown yesterday with excessive amounts of beer and vodka.

Bastards bastards bastards.

All of you...Joe, Seanachai and MrPeng can expect setups in the mail. It will be something featuring a vast, empty, barren desert...it will be the CMAK version of my lovelife.

You have been challenged you evil bastards.

[ October 01, 2005, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Leutnant Hortlund ]

Wankers and Greetings all.....

It's nice to know you all still don't have a life, but then neither do I. As always the pool has held that sickly draw that never really let's you go or you can escape from.

While time and senility prevent active 'splasin' or 'polsions for that matter. I send my best to you all.

Originally posted by jdmorse:

Wankers and Greetings all.....

It's nice to know you all still don't have a life, but then neither do I. As always the pool has held that sickly draw that never really let's you go or you can escape from.

While time and senility prevent active 'splasin' or 'polsions for that matter. I send my best to you all.

Gi' on, laddie....say sumthin' ain Chinese...

Tragedy.

The Fury have lost two in a row this week. Tuesday was a vile 4-2 schelacking and today we went down 3-1. I blame myself. For some reason my team forgot how to play. Today we lost possession 3 times on throwins because of bad form. WHAT!? Lifting the back foot. I was appalled. I still am. We forgot how to pass. We forgot where our positions are. Srikers to the front and defenders to the rear. We forgot on which side we should play. Left wings on the left, right wings on the right. At one point - when we had actually gotten the ball to the enemy end of the field - FIVE of my girls were clustered around the ball - none more than ten feet away from it, and when it finally squirted free almost the entire other team was in the open, spread accross the field, with two defenders and a goalie to stop them. They scored.

When the other team threw the ball in, my girls were caught unprepared. They looked as if they had never seen a throwin before.

They were sluggish - I failed to inspire them. They were timid - I failed to put a fire in thier bellies.

They were too few. We had 4 people out today. Mine are at GS Camp for the weekend, so we were short a regular goalie, and a striker (the striker with the most assists of the season). One has a cold so we were short one of our most solid defenders, and the other had some other excuse so we were short an aggressive middie who can also put the ball on goal.

But those are just my excuses. I have failed my girls. I didn't know what to say to them to get them back on track. I only hope that at Monday's game we are all ready to play the way we know we can.