IT. IS. IN. MY. HANDS.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by AlmightyTH:

Check a map, Saudi Arabia is right next to Syria...

I think we need to alert the Jordanians to this change in geography. Anyway, it has the label "Syrian Desert" above it, and Syrian Desert extends to Syria, Jordan and Iraq. In the middle of the Syrian Desert label you can see the point where the borders of those three meet.

pad152: Yes, it does.

It's allergic to dual core, too. I had to switch it to single core affinity, or stuff flickers. Could be the video drivers, I suppose. I have a Radeon X1900, so I'm expecting a bit of choppy seas in the graphics department. The game did automatically adjust to my monitor though, runs in 1920x1200 with no complaints.

I'll refrain from posting screenies until I've updated my video drivers, things keep popping in and out of view when zoomed close in.

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Post the readme file please.

As far as I can see, there isn't one.

cmsf-dir.png

I had to postpone my first bottom-smacking session for a few minutes, turns out the latest Radeon drivers are at 7.6, and I only had 7.2 installed.

Hi guys,

We're looking into what the heck is going on here. NOBODY should have a retail copy yet. Anybody that does, please send Martin an email and tell him where you bought it from.

martin@battlefront.com

There is a v1.01 patch that is almost ready.

People should update their drivers. I had problems with my dual core until I did that. Most of our testers have Intel Dual or AMD 64 CPUs and it runs happily for us. Drivers on the new CPUs (and Vista 64) seem to be less than optimal in our experience.

Steve

Well... I don't think it is a hoax and I'm certainly not laughing.

SirReal, please email Martin and let him know where your copy came from. Someone has made a mistake (called a "crime" by the courts) and we're going to need to figure out who to spank.

SirReal, you're going to want to get the v1.01 patch, so email me and I'll see what I can do about getting you the current beta version.

steve@battlefront.com

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Hi guys,

We're looking into what the heck is going on here. NOBODY should have a retail copy yet. Anybody that does, please send Martin an email and tell him where you bought it from.

martin@battlefront.com

There is a v1.01 patch that is almost ready.

People should update their drivers. I had problems with my dual core until I did that. Most of our testers have Intel Dual or AMD 64 CPUs and it runs happily for us. Drivers on the new CPUs (and Vista 64) seem to be less than optimal in our experience.

Steve

Well, that certainly puts a damper on my enthusiasm... :/

It's clear Paradox goofed, then, as I do indeed have the copy. What drivers are you talking about regarding the dual CPU problem?

Unless I put it on single CPU affinity, I have weird graphics glitches, where the guys in the strykers and the stryker slats keep flickering and changing. Really ugly. I'd very much like to run both cores... so which drivers need updating? I'm running XP Pro SP2, btw.

This kind of **** happens with many games. Publishers ship games to retail stores in advance so that on release date they can ALL start selling. Once store gets a copy they are not suppose to sell it until release date, but what's physically stopping them. Maybe a high-school kid employee who gets paid minimum wage just didn't know or care and put all the stuff delivered by FedEx early morning right on the shelf.