When will Beta Testing begin - where do I sign up?

J Ruddy

Phooey! I should have known.

[Edit Start]

{Delete: A silly attempt at impressing the powers that be}

{Add: My mom thinks I'm smart and I can tie my own shoes (but only if they are the velcro ones from Walmart)}

[Edit End]

or maybe I'm just making an ass of myself - go ahead - flame me - I'm wearing my asbestos socks - I can take it!

[ September 02, 2005, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: J Ruddy ]

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

Mord - I'm there - but only if the Midget hookers are also Mexican Midget Hooker Wrestlers, OK?

I prefer French but in the spirit of giving and all that I could probably drum some up. Bring your Pesos and your Hammerlock because they don't take American Express and it's no holds barred....EXACTLY how I like it!

Mord.

J Ruddy,

Don't forget, if you aren't a Beta tester, you can criticize the product to your heart's content. You're a customer, after all. Heck, you might even be a reviewer.

If are a Beta tester and the word get's out, you're a target for every grog with a axe to grind, when the final version of the game hits the street. Every bug, every glitch, every armor engagement wierdness, every shoulder flash a millimeter off the wrong thickness - you have to answer for that. And trust me, there are people all over this forum to let you know where something is wrong.

I can, with some difficulty, understand Steve and Co. shouldering that heavy burden since they get paid for it. But step in front of that kind of flak for free, in exchange with messing around with a program 8 months or so ahead of time?

Maybe you should reconsider your offer. Volunteering in a military context is rarely a good idea. ;)

Duke - I know what you are saying. The thing that most people don't realize that Beta Testing is seriously hard work. Then, when the test cycle is done, there will still be bugs of varying degrees as the change management process prioritized what needed to be fixed, what could actually be fixed in time for release and what is going to be fixed in the dreaded patch.

Then, after all this hard work, if the M1 carbine doesn't sound just right, the anal-ites of society try to crucify you for not making 'their' product perfect.

Just be glad it doesn't cost $5,000 per seat. People get testy when they spend $250,000 on new corporate software and they find bugs in it.

Originally posted by Bigduke6:

I can, with some difficulty, understand Steve and Co. shouldering that heavy burden since they get paid for it. But step in front of that kind of flak for free, in exchange with messing around with a program 8 months or so ahead of time?

It does have its moments Stefan, and those make it worth stepping out when asked. smile.gif

One reward you get is the satisfaction of having helped and influenced (if only in a small way) the further development of what in my biased opinion is the best wargame there is.

Andreas,

Wow, does that mean they listen to you? I'm impressed. My spies in the Beta testing corps tell me mostly it's bug hunting, plus hearing why your great idea can't be implemented, it's too late Steve or Charles or whoever it is already finished the code.

Well, we all have a role in the community. Some of us do the work. And some of us, ah, make constructive comments, once the work is done.

It's true, I kind of envy your getting an early look at what indeed will be the next best wargame in the world - but all in all I'd rather do my bit to control quality as a simple program user offering *moderate and well-reasoned* feedback to BFI.

You can't have CM without customers, after all. tongue.gif

Me,

I was asked to Beta test CMx1 after providing copious amounts of fluid to baldy. Greasing the palm/head sorta thing...

Alas, I gracefully declined the beta test offer. Now I have REAL power: I proofed the point that referees can be corrupt and have integrity at the same time :D

Originally posted by Bigduke6:

Wow, does that mean they listen to you? I'm impressed. My spies in the Beta testing corps tell me mostly it's bug hunting, plus hearing why your great idea can't be implemented, it's too late Steve or Charles or whoever it is already finished the code.

I design scenarios primarily and they are part of the sold package. Beyond that I will not comment on how beta-testing works, since I signed an NDA which I have no intention of breaking.

This thread has become the equivalent of watching men show off their sports cars to the passing girls on the broadwalk.

Some of the men are driving Austin Martins while others seem to think they have more than what they have, i.e. they are driving Skoda's.

Welcome to Battlefront Geekdom

Yawn.....

;)

H

Originally posted by Andreas:

One reward you get is the satisfaction of having helped and influenced (if only in a small way) the further development of what in my biased opinion is the best wargame there is.

Andreas, after looking back at your performance in the earlier beta tests I have run, you would know this how exactly? tongue.gif

As has been said above, Beta-Testers are chosen, by me, and no amount of begging pleading or listing out your qualifications matters one little bit to me. When the time comes, and if I want you, will hear from me. If not, well I guess you can have the honor and privilege of purchasing the game, just like the rest of the unwashed masses.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

Andreas, after looking back at your performance in the earlier beta tests I have run, you would know this how exactly? </font>