Bradley IFV

We did overextend the capacity of the BMPs for the same reason. Same with BTRs and Strykers for that matter (they have one more man assigned than can fit). However, come to think of it there may be a particular flavor of Syrian mech infantry with an HQ that is one man over what it should be, which is the problem rather than the capacity of the BMP itself. If someone can specify exactly, and I mean exactly smile.gif , which formation has this problem I'll get it fixed.

Thanks,

Steve

Yeah, it's definitely the 4th platoon (Weapons) in each Guards Mech (BMP) company. It has 16 men and 16 seats but because of the way the men are divided up into teams they won't fit. I posted about this as long ago as the 1.03 patch.

Guards AT is OK I think.

By the way, Stryker (MOUT) platoons "look" like they won't all fit but there is a work-around. If one squad detaches it's AT team (2 men) then they do all fit.

[ June 10, 2008, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Steiner ]

The old original-design 1980s Bradley had that weird multiple bucket seat arrangement to accommodate using the side weapons ports. The current Bradley has bench seats against the walls which means you might have a bit of wiggle room for crew seating you didn't have previously.

Why does CMSF not allow riders on tanks? Is this just modern SOP when transporting infantry in a modern environment?

I would think that some armies (Syrian, certain African or Asian countries) would allow this as they do not have enough embedded motor transports or APCs available.

Canada Guy,

Not just tanks. I've seen photos of Russian troops in Chechnya riding on the top of BMPs, and I seem to remember a documentary in which Russian soldiers said they preferred to sit on top as it was less cramped and you were more likely to survive if the BMP hit a mine.

I am pretty sure this feature will be added for the WWII game. Hopefully when it is, it will be retrofitted into CM:SF so we can transport more troops than at present.

You never seem to see footage of American troops riding on their accompanying Abrams'. For one thing the turbine engine just throws off to much heat for anyone to sit on the engine deck. The only other place to perch would be on the turret roof and that would have its own hazards. As to perching on the outsides of Bradley... where?

I've heard more than one story from the old Patton series of a soldier hitching a riding on the fender and catching a shoelace on the moving track and getting his foot pinched off as it went around the drive sprocket. :confused: