Jargon Challenged Peng and Non-Grogs

Lars

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

As I recall, only "Peng" and "Challenge" are required. And a quick search turns up many without "Thread". Some even by you perhaps.

But I'm sure you'll make up some arcane Rule anyway if pressed, My Liege. It is your forte, after all.

One thread ... find just ONE thread that I created that did NOT contain the word "Thread" in the title.

That a Knight of the Shavian House, even a Knight without a Night of Sobriety to his name, should not only fail in this important regard but then ... then ... SUGGEST THAT HIS LIEGE HAD FAILED AS WELL ... it saddens me.

Joe </font>

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by athkatla:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bauhaus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Why is Mace in North America?

He's looking for a new sheep to breed. </font>

Hey Joe.

If you've got all this time to pester Emrys, mock Lars and look up places like the Hotel Arcane, then maybe you can find the time to send a turn.

Or are you going to beg off again because they've given you a new "project" at work and your hands are full?

Oh, and BTW, congratulations on being named head bathroom attendant down at the bank.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Hey Joe.

If you've got all this time to pester Emrys, mock Lars and look up places like the Hotel Arcane, then maybe you can find the time to send a turn.

Or are you going to beg off again because they've given you a new "project" at work and your hands are full?

Oh, and BTW, congratulations on being named head bathroom attendant down at the bank.

Boo Radley you can hardly expect me to divert my attention from the all important task of bringing Michael to the Podcast interview audience.

I shall eviscer ... evicara ... gut him like a trout. By the time I'm through with him he'll be weeping like a little girl who's lost her favorite doll.

But first he must provide a phone number and the interview must be arranged ... surely ... surely he can't be ... AFRAID?

My attention is focused like a laser on that task and I can't be distracted by the fortunes of your Mk IIIs in the desert.

Joe

But, Joe... what makes you think that anyone, ANYONE would be interested in hearing Emrys mumble incoherently for ten or so minutes? I mean, what insights could anyone, ANYONE get out of listening to him ramble on and on about how his hip hurts and that the prunes don't seem to be doing any good and how the neighborhood kids are going to get his cane up the sides of their heads if they do the burning bag of dog-doo on his porch one more time this week?

You know halfway through the interview, he'll have to excuse himself for any one, ANY ONE of the following reasons:

Has to trim his corns

His sitz bath is growing tepid

Meals on Wheels is knocking at his door

It's time for daily nap #5

Has to go look for his dentures

A Golden Girls marathon on WE (and isn't that Estelle Getty's HOT!)

It's Pudding Time!

Really, Joe, just do 15 minutes of white noise and you'll be doing your listening audience a huge favor.

Now, about that turn you owe me...

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

But, Joe... what makes you think that anyone, ANYONE would be interested in hearing Emrys mumble incoherently for ten or so minutes? I mean, what insights could anyone, ANYONE get out of listening to him ramble on and on about how his hip hurts and that the prunes don't seem to be doing any good and how the neighborhood kids are going to get his cane up the sides of their heads if they do the burning bag of dog-doo on his porch one more time this week?

You know halfway through the interview, he'll have to excuse himself for any one, ANY ONE of the following reasons:

Has to trim his corns

His sitz bath is growing tepid

Meals on Wheels is knocking at his door

It's time for daily nap #5

Has to go look for his dentures

A Golden Girls marathon on WE (and isn't that Estelle Getty's HOT!)

It's Pudding Time!

Really, Joe, just do 15 minutes of white noise and you'll be doing your listening audience a huge favor.

Now, about that turn you owe me...

Perhaps you're right Boo Radley (broken clock, twice a day), perhaps we need to realize that the TENTH Peng Challenge Thread Podcast needs a better interview subject than a mere "Other Recognized".

Perhaps we need to have an interview of significance, of weight, of MEANING. But we've done all three of the Olde Ones, we've done Steve of BFC, we've even done a ferriner.

I have to ponder on this but there's no doubt that #10 NEEDS to be something ... SPECIAL!

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

... where's Mace these days? Is he still on the normal side of the equator?

I hesitate to suggest that he's on the normal side of anything, but still in Saskatchewan, I believe. Trust me though, you'll need a translator.

If you're looking for special, how about Sturmy? They don't come much more "special" than that. Of course, there is also Yeknod... Although they both talk funny too.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

... where's Mace these days? Is he still on the normal side of the equator?

I hesitate to suggest that he's on the normal side of anything, but still in Saskatchewan, I believe. Trust me though, you'll need a translator.

If you're looking for special, how about Sturmy? They don't come much more "special" than that. Of course, there is also Yeknod... Although they both talk funny too.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

*honk*

*honkety honk* *honkahonk* *honkety honkety ha-ha-ha-ha-honk*

*snort* Justicar *honka* *honkety honk*

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

*honk*

*snort* Justicar *honka* *honkety honk* </font>

WHY am I being ignored? I am far more fascinating than any of you rejects.

We could talk about love, sunflowers and bumblebees ! The latest painting i bought, or the newest colours for men's fashion next winter where the palette will have much more emphasis paid to solids, monochromes or simple multi-color application!

So you see, all kinds of fascinating topics that we lacked so far in those podcasts.

go Sturmy! go Sturmy!

[ September 13, 2006, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: SturmSebber ]

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

*honk*

*snort* Justicar *honka* *honkety honk* </font>