Mk19 not firing

Is anyone else having problems with the Mk19 stryker not firing on OPFOR in the 1st mission in the training campaign? My other Strykers with the .50s are shooting just fine but the one with the AGL does nothing even when at 150 yards to a visible target and ordered to attack.

Am I not doing something?

I had similar difficulty. I had to move it quite close - <150m, if I recall correctly, to get it to fire.

It eventually did end up firing, and did quite a bit of damage when it did, but not until I was quite close - well inside of small arms and RPG engagement range, which I don't think is the intended usage of the Mk19.

Is it possible that you actually have to specify "open up" so the operator stands up to use it?

I didn't, at least I don't recall doing so, but maybe that has something to do with it?

Not sure if this is intended behaviour or not, but does make the training scenario a little more difficult than I would've expected.

Also, if you dismount your troops at the last phase line, they get shot up. I was thinking that I should dismount them further out, but I thought I should follow the scenario instructions.

Took a lot of casualties as a result.

In the following scenario, bunker and tank busting with the Javelin, my troops took out the tanks just fine, but wouldn't engage the bunkers despite having the ATGM launcher and adequate ammo.

I finally advanced my troops, killed one bunker by small arms fire and plinked away at the second until I got tired of it. They never fired their Javelins at the bunker. I finally hit cease fire just to be able to move on.

Great game otherwise, though.

Played four standard scenarios this afternoon, trying out "basic training" and "veteran" levels as well as turn based and real time.

The map should fine for range at the phase line, the range for the Mk. 19 is a couple of klicks

(funny story about that: almost got blown in A-stan once by a mk 19 when they fired across a valley in the EXACT OPPOSITE direction they were told to fire. Other than that man those things are cool :D )

I had the Mk 19 refuse to fire as well, but in another try it fired just fine.

Also in the second scenario the javelins refused to engage the bunkers, and the MG team's machine guns disappeared and when I told them to fire their firing came from some corner of the map.

Guys, which particular Strykers are you not seeing the Mk-19 fire from?

Keep in mind that the recon vehicles require the commander to be unbuttoned to fire, as they do not have a remote turret. Also note that to use the LRAS on both Strykers and Humvees you will need your guys unbuttoned. smile.gif

Dan

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I did move in closer and it did do quite a bit of damage. I had to move it into about 130yrds to get it to fire though. That is way to close.

I am having the same problem with the Javelins not firing on the bunkers as well mates. WTF? Over.

Guys this is odd as I dont recall any problems being reported with the Mk-19. Can you confirm for me which Stryker models appear to be giving you the issues? As I mentioned the recon versions do require you to be unbuttoned, and the weapon does take a while to reload, so this may also be a factor here.

If there is a problem though, we will get it sorted smile.gif

Dan

Originally posted by metalbrew:

Kwazy I believe this entire conversation began while the original poster was playing the 2nd mission of the training scenario. I don't recall the Styker model in that mission, but it should be easy to look up.

Ah, okay thanks metalbrew.

Another thing. Ive had the weapon controls destroyed in one of my missions. I guess i took to much small arms fire. The MK19 was intact but it couldnt turn it seemed.

Also sometimes it in the dmg page apear grey but then turn white again. Not sure what it is, reloading maybe? Im not a millitary guy myself so i wouldnt know. But i take that those 300 arounds arent all beltfed from a single storage is it?

I had the same problem with the Stryker not firing in the 1st mission at known targets, no matter if buttoned down or not. AFTER I area fired at some targets it worked.

Just tried it again:

Moved the Stryker so that he could spot enemy units. Ordered fire on one squad. Nothing happens for a whole minute. Area target-> Stryker begins to fire immediately. Re-target enemy squad-> Stryker switches target and continues firing.

Originally posted by flyinj:

How do you "area target" with a stryker?

I can only target and target arc...

My strykers will not fire the grenade launchers no matter what I do. Close in, far away, buttoned, unbuttoned...

Just target a spot, not a particular enemy unit and fire will be directed all around that "area". Was the best way to use the Mk 19 for me in the training missions.

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

I had the Mk 19 refuse to fire as well, but in another try it fired just fine.

Also in the second scenario the javelins refused to engage the bunkers, and the MG team's machine guns disappeared and when I told them to fire their firing came from some corner of the map.

I am experiencing the exact same in all of the things you have mentioned.

I think the reason why the Mk19 wont fire is because for whatever reason the game seems to think a large area around the trenches is out of LOS for the MK19.

Try area targeting near the trenches and it gives a can't target on reverse slope message. And this goes for several meters in front of the trench as well.

Edit: Looks like there is a slight bump of a hill in front of the trench but not enough to justify not firing, occasionally the mgs will hit it. But the Mk19 refuses to fire.

[ July 28, 2007, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: rlg85 ]

I ditto the reverse slope issue. In Wadi Scouts, I target a Stryker with an RPG and it at the top of the rise. I keep getting it can't fire due to reverse slope. If I remember correctly, it eventually fired 5 or 6 turns later. I am not even sure what reverse slope is trying to tell me.