The 'What's so great about the Peng Challenge Thread' thread

Stuka

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Stuka:

*Groan* A new year dawns and my work has decided on new working hours...

7.30am - 3.00pm!!!!

With no lunch break!

How will I ever take the stress?

I know....I could take a holiday!

Suxors to be you.

But, we all knew that anyhoo.

Happy Nude Rear, everybody!

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

*Groan* A new year dawns and my work has decided on new working hours...

7.30am - 3.00pm!!!!

With no lunch break!

How will I ever take the stress?

I know....I could take a holiday!

Suxors to be you.

But, we all knew that anyhoo.

Happy Nude Rear, everybody! </font>

*Breaking News* *Breaking News* *Breaking News*

In an exciting new development, the secret of Stuka's great successes in life, AND Combat Mission, rely on his now unmasked -

SECRET WEAPON

He relies on his <font size = -3> CHARM</font>.

Yes Folks. You heard it hear first !! Be amazed, be very amazed. Apparently he can greatly increase his "Charm Rating" almost at will... all it needs is copious amounts of alcohol (although we're not sure if he means for himself, which undoubtedly would raise his self-esteem a point or two, maybe).. Or, whether it requires copious amounts of alcohol on the part of the receive-ee of this SECRET WEAPON.

Noba.

Originally posted by Noba:

SECRET WEAPON

Crikey! He has absolutely no recourse but to go back to the drawing board!

Happy New Year! (I think it's going to be my best yet)

Originally posted by Elvis:

Seanachai mentioned toward the end of the last MBT that he wanted or expected me to write something of some lenght. Does anyone know what it is? I'd rather not try to sort through the drivel to find out what he was on about.

I think it was a creative writing assignment, ie. writer's choice. I believe you are tardy, though. If I recall correctly, The Tyrant wanted it on his desk before the new year...?

Then again, from what I've seen of your past posts, the above qualifies as being of "some length". But either way, you're still late.

Dear Bugged,

Thanks for the response. I will see what I can do about a creative writing project. For Christmas Peng sent me an HST biography so I am in a writing mood now anyway...but like HST making the deadline may be an issue.

Love,

Elvis

P.S. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Originally posted by Noba:

*Breaking News* *Breaking News* *Breaking News*

In an exciting new development, the secret of Stuka's great successes in life, AND Combat Mission, rely on his now unmasked -

SECRET WEAPON

Yes Folks. You heard it hear first !! Be amazed, be very amazed. Apparently he can greatly increase his "Charm Rating" almost at will... all it needs is copious amounts of alcohol (although we're not sure if he means for himself, which undoubtedly would raise his self-esteem a point or two, maybe).. Or, whether it requires copious amounts of alcohol on the part of the receive-ee of this SECRET WEAPON.

Noba.

Some of those chicks on Charmed were pretty hot.

Originally posted by the Fighting Seabee:

The Peng Challenge threads are the ones where they don't talk about the game, they just ramble on about nothing.

Originally posted by Leeo:

The MBT is the place where people talk over the heads of lesser folk. Most folk "Just don't get it."

It's the place where I've trounced on and been trounced by people infinitely better than the Outre' Boarders.

It's the place where we've been given our own bit of electronic interference in which to barb, goad, cajole, incriminate, pontificate, and generally make a nuisance of ourselves.

It's where I pounded Pansey Leader into a masticated pulp of pixelation. It's where I stumbled around through the rain and darkness just to spit in the eye of Berli's best bastiges. It's where I accidentally called an artillery barrage intended for Moriarty down upon my self. It's where I put up a valiant but futile attempt at a river crossing against dalem. It's where Nidan1 and I spent the better part of a year fighting over one particular village. It's where Agua Perdido kicked the crap out of me (but really, who hasn't). Why, I even managed to humiliate Seanachai into a spanking inflicted by myself upon him (but really, who hasn't).

I've suffered myriad attacks by OberGrubenStompenFuhrer's marble-mouthed soldiers. I've battered Boo so many times I and him both don't have enough digits to count them all. I spent a dark night hunting Lawyer's troops through heavy forest, and fought off raving Frenchmen commanded by JD Morse. I've reviled Deke Fenkel, and jostled with Noba. I've started and never finshed myriad games with Hiram. I fought over a city with Elvis (and even bought him and Philly Phellatiator a beer over the internet).

Indeed, I am a Veteran of a Thousand Psychic Wars, and I've got the bloody mental scars to prove it.

Pity we never play the game...

Well spoken, actually. Except for that bit of calumny about myself, that was ****e, Leeo you daft bugger.

Now, as for this 'Fighting Seabee' creature:

We play the game. We've been playing the game for fecking ages. We have been playing the game, and abusing each other, not to mention all-comers, for...well, in my case, for just short of 8 years, this Spring.

Currently, of course, we've pulled the wagons into a laager. Because it seems that these days, the Game That Is really isn't worth playing. But the Game That Was, is still the best goddamn wargame ever made.

We continue to play.

Now, I notice, 'Fighting Seabee', that you're pretty much a new arrival on the board. Of course, you could be some Revenant returned under a new moniker. But I think not.

So, just so you know, the various fools who post here weren't simply involved in the very earliest days of 'Combat Misison'. Many of them were folk who influenced the course of the game, who designed innumerable scenarios for it, who beta tested it, and who've posted on this Board for it's entire history.

Back then, in the old days, it was considered to be as important to 'post well, and with humour', as it was to preen feathers because you'd 'posted about the game'.

Why, I myself am a veteran of the 'Running With HMGs' thread, the 'Bren Tripod' threads, the...

JESUS F'ING CHRIST! GODDAMNIT! running, chair-grabbing, lunging, ripping...

Okay, apparently the newly repaired smoke detector is sensitive to cigar smoke. Curse it to hell.

I've lost my train of thought. But I'm Very Awake!

Damn, the guy upstairs is stomping around...

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Bugged,

Thanks for the response. I will see what I can do about a creative writing project. For Christmas Peng sent me an HST biography so I am in a writing mood now anyway...but like HST making the deadline may be an issue.

Love,

Elvis

P.S. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

... And, if occasionally the trip becomes too weird...well, just chalk it up to 'forced consciousness expansion'. Tune in, turn on, get beaten.

Late, On Time, that's all Rules. Here in the Peng Challenge, we simply appreciate the effort.

So, Elvis. What I want from you is something for the 'young people'. A mad screed filled with venom, bile, abuse and arrogance. Extra points for literary references, no top limit on quality, no cut-off point for ****e.

Make it personal. We've known your sorry arse for years, now. How many freaking kids have you had while you were posting here? Were they all with the same mother?

Weren't you and Peng in jail together? Didn't he pull down the top of your wife's dress at the wedding reception?

Lie a little. The truth is too good for most of this lot.

Forgot my six-string razor - and hit the sky

Half way to Memphis 'fore I realised

Well I rang up information - my axe was cold

They said 'she rides the train to Oreoles'

Now its a mighty long way down the dusty trail

And the sun burns hot on the cold steel rails

And I look like a bum and I crawl like a snail

All the way from Memphis

Well I got to Oreoles y'know - it took a month

And there was my guitar, electric junk.

Some spade said Rock'n'rollers, you're all the same.

Man that's your instrument. I felt so ashamed.

Now its a mighty long way down rock'n'roll

Through the Bradford Cities and the Oreoles

And you look like a star but you're still on the dole

All the way from Memphis

Yeah it's a mighty long way down rock'n'roll

From the Liverpool docks to the Hollywood Bowl

'N you climb up the mountains 'n you fall down the holes

All the way from Memphis

Yeah its a mighty long way down rock'n'roll

As your name gets hot so your heart grows cold

And you gotta stay young man, you can never be old

All the way from Memphis

Yeah its a mighty long way down rock'n'roll

Through the Bradford Cities and the Oreoles

And you look like a star but you're really out on parole!

All the way from Memphis

"All the Way From Memphis"

-Mott the Hoople

Originally posted by Stuka:

bang on your ceiling with a broom whilst yelling at him to quiet the hell down...

No prob. He's standing out in the front yard, in the snow, in his pajamas and robe, holding his cat.

I'd offer him some rum, but I'm pretty sure the medications he's on are contra-indicated for alcohol...

I'd go out there and give him the 'all clear', but I think that pain is the best teacher.

Oh, damn. It's 6 degrees outside. That's Fahrenheit. I don't even think you Aussie scum have a scale that properly registers a temperature like that.

As far as a I can tell, you use some sort of half-arsed gauge that descends to the 'maybe put on a wind-breaker' level.

I'd love to get you lot of idjits up here to The North so that I could whip your arses through the pine trees, looking for a place where you could lie down and cry, shivering, waiting for everything to go as numb as your brains.

We'd use a hammer to knock your toes off, and put them into our rum&cokes in lieu of ice.