The Peng Challenge Thread(s) Of Past And Present, Where Are YOU all Now?

Originally posted by MrPeng:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

Macey? Will you do me the high honor of being my second?

Umm? err.. yeh ok. I can deal with the high honor If you can deal with the decreased social status and degradation of having me as your second.

Is there work involved, or do I just carry things and look pretty? </font>

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have I mentioned today that I hate computers? Hate the people that use em even more, which I suppose means that I hate myself more than I hate computers, which at this point is a lot and true, since I seem to insist on constantly mucking about with the goddam things and all they do is betray me. I will never learn.

My newest MoBo just went titsup, and I was diligent in troubleshooting so that I could return it to ASUS, the bastards. It seems to be the memory slot(s) as it won't post past the memory check, but the vid card registers OK. Drives all work in other machines. I'll slap the mem sticks in a machine at work tomorrow, but I don't think they are the problem. Anyway I get the S/N and model number off the fookin thing, and get an RMA number from Asus, the bastards, and go to collect all the bits that came with the fookin thing and I can't locate the box. Then I remember that I threw the bastard out not more than two weeks ago. I was re-re-re-organizing the office and came accross the box and I was being merciless in my organizing (chucking old crap out) and out went the box. Well, Asus, the bastards, will reject any item that is returned in anything other than the original package, so I am screwed. It is getting harder and harder to find MoBos for old Athlon CPUs too. It was a pretty sweet machine for such an old chip. Twin WD 120Gig HDDs, the Athlon 1.1Ghz, Gigabit Ethernet, a 128MegoRAM vid card and a gigoRAM... sure sure it ain't a New AMD or PIV, but it was solid and not too expensive to put together...****eballs.

So here I am at almost 1:30 in the am finally finishing up getting a PoS put together so my wife can get her work done tomor... TODAY and restoring all her crap from backup (I really don't mind when the thing kicks off at 1:07 every morning and interrupts my CM or CoD game.) Instead of facing the shame and humiliation of lost data from the wife tomor... today, I will just have to cope with the standard daily doses of scorn and ridicule. I can live with that.

So, unless I can get a temp MoBo from work tomorrow, there won't be any turns out until Tuesday at the earliest. This PoS has 8MB on board video and no AGP slot and it wont even run CMBO. Heck, it wont even register more than 512 megoRAM. And its a fookin 400MHz Celeron. I'm fairly certain that we have a couple Socket As lying around from the whitebox AMD phase, before we went all IBM/Lenovo ThinkCentre, so I otter be able to temp it until I get a new one.

Oh, and Mace, the check is in the mail...

Originally posted by MrPeng:

My newest MoBo just went titsup, and I was diligent in troubleshooting so that I could return it to ASUS

Hmmm ya know I had an ASUS motherboard that went tits up recently, and Rune had a few fail on him recently as well.

I think either their QA is starting to slip, or they're jealous of our exalted status as MBT members.

Originally posted by **YK2**:

As for the Rose D'anjou I've been drinking that for quite some time, and it's CHEAPER than the Ernest & Julio Gallo Zin!

5 quid for the Zin and 3.50 for the D'anjou...

It's called a 'sin tax'. You're paying more for the right to commit a crime against your palate, taste, and humanity.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Wow. Emrys is no longer quoting himself in his sig.

I wonder how much he had to pay someone else to say something nice about him?

Well, let's not carried away here ... Michael has 17,503 posts to his ... uh ... credit.

It's apparently taken this long to FIND two people who agreed with him.</font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Well, let's not carried away here ... Michael has 17,503 posts to his ... uh ... credit.

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Getting used to this "work" thing is rough on a guy.

So is staying up all Friday night smoking cigars so big and dark that they should have had Field Marshall Bradley on the other end of 'em.

And the martinis, I can see how they could grow on a fella, yes indeed.

But most important of all, "Make it ba-gawk."

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Everything looks good from here. Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive.

We will rule over all this land, and we will call it...

This Land.

And the firmament, we'll call it...

The Sky.

And the waters, we'll call it...

The Lake.

And the woodlands, we'll call it...

The Pines.

And that bit over there, that's where we'll put the ****house.

Yep, ya gotta love Midwestern poetry.

Everything looks good from here. Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive.

This Land.

One of the highlights for me during the movie Serenity came about when the pilot bought the farm, land and all. No more of his sniveling of "I want to be as tough as my wife but don’t know how” and his complaints uttered in a plaintive whining way of “you can’t do that”.

alright you lot, I finally got back from that mission. Let me tell you, IED detonations sure do have a way of putting your life into perspective.

Boo, stop fantasizing about Stikky's lips.

Lady Sedai, as always, your presence is a breath of fresh, flower scented, air in this reeking pit of bowel gasses.

Seanachai, what are you doing in the pub again? Did they finally get the booster chairs you kept railing on about?

Mace, I am glad to see that the Oddstraylian contigent is still ably represented, well as ably as the Oddstraylians are able to do anything....

Who let Stoat in? Why hasn't someone shooed him into the proper line to sign up for the Special Olympics? Why hasn't 37mm taken him to serf yet? We all know how lonely 37mm gets , he needs something to love and hold and pet and call George.

That is all

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

This Land.

One of the highlights for me during the movie Serenity came about when the pilot bought the farm, land and all. No more of his sniveling of "I want to be as tough as my wife but don’t know how” and his complaints uttered in a plaintive whining way of “you can’t do that”. </font>

Originally posted by NG Cavscout:

Who let Stoat in? Why hasn't someone shooed him into the proper line to sign up for the Special Olympics? Why hasn't 37mm taken him to serf yet? We all know how lonely 37mm gets , he needs something to love and hold and pet and call George.

Unfortunately for Sir Sir 37mm, stoat has already been snapped up by rleete. So Sir Sir 37mm once again misses the chance to pick up a serf who occasionally visits the MBT or maybe even sends a turn, and is stuck at his wistful grasp at ol' sturmy a month or two back.

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

alright you lot, I finally got back from that mission. Let me tell you, IED detonations sure do have a way of putting your life into perspective.

...{snipped}...

That is all

I understand completely, those little suckers can startle you if you're not careful.

led-diagram.jpg

By the way, the things that turn them on are called activators, not detonators, detonators are things that make explosives blow up.

Joe

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by **YK2**:

As for the Rose D'anjou I've been drinking that for quite some time, and it's CHEAPER than the Ernest & Julio Gallo Zin!

5 quid for the Zin and 3.50 for the D'anjou...

It's called a 'sin tax'. You're paying more for the right to commit a crime against your palate, taste, and humanity. </font>

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NG Cavscout:

Unfortunately for Sir Sir 37mm, stoat has already been snapped up by rleete. So Sir Sir 37mm once again misses the chance to pick up a serf who occasionally visits the MBT or maybe even sends a turn, and is stuck at his wistful grasp at ol' sturmy a month or two back. </font>