RPG-7, Fire discipline & Peng Challenge's explained

Hah ha!

I tricked you, ya ‘orrible barstools!

This ain’t some frigging grog paradise!

This here is the Pengdamn Cesspool & is (although BFC won’t admit it) the only reason the CMSF forum currently exists!

This place has rules, lots & lots of rules… normally the Justicar would tell you what they were but he’s currently missing in action (last seen during a Rune scenario)… so we’ll just have to make do without him

[ July 17, 2006, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Sir 37mm ]

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamey updates:

Sturmsebber, after thrashing my rifle armed grunts with his SIX tanks, has now been forced to attack me on the Somme… around Pozieres to be exact… serves him roight .

BooHoochRadley is also facing me on the Somme… a lot of shells are falling AROUND my pasta eating German troops… I call that Boo-accuracy

Joe Shaw is, of course, still missing & may we long remember him

Me (Axis) & Knee-dan Won (Soviet) are playing the fifth battle in the six battle OPERATION URANUS series of Jason C’s … It is currently one win for me, one draw & two wins for he!

Belgian One (also know as stikkkccccypixie ) is getting stuffed in two scenarios.

I’m still waiting for turns from Noba (One month), JD Morse (One Month) & Moraine Sedai (two years).

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

if I was you

No, Sir 37 you cannot be me. I like being me way to much to let someone else have all the fun.

I’d be less concerned with the complicated politics of the Middle East .

It's not about politics Sir Dorfus; it's about Wargaming! Gawd you sissy la la types sure can get your panties in a bunch. (Hint) Try reading "the words" next time. I believe BFC's understanding and research of military matters and those same matters concerning Israel’s Military would make for a very interesting module for a modern Wargame. If all hell breaks loose then BFC may be forced to change their back-story for Shock Force , that is based on a 2007 invasion of Syria by US forces to something different. BFC has stated that they desire the intro into the game's-story to be plausible.

Even if they do not have to make any changes to the story I would still like to see an Israeli module at some future date. It seems to me that would be a very good way to learn about Israel’s TO&E and their capabilities. BFC seems (to me) anyway to have a knack for solid research and the ability to present believable results in their simulations. Just as many people have learned about WWII Militaries from BFC's earlier projects.

What is so difficult for some people to grasp about that...I have no idea. Personally I would have preferred an Arab Israeli game, say 1967 to the present day over what BFC plans to offer, but then again, without seeing Shock Force who can really say…. The only politics in my post is what some idiot tried to read into it.

(Edited: because I can).

[ July 17, 2006, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Originally posted by Abbott:

Gawd you sissy la la types sure can get your panties in a bunch.

Oh I wondered what that gripping sensation was.

*tugs at panties*

That's much more comfortable now. Thanks Abbott!

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

Gawd you sissy la la types sure can get your panties in a bunch.

Oh I wondered what that gripping sensation was.

*tugs at panties*

That's much more comfortable now. Thanks Abbott! </font>

if I was you

No, Sir 37 you cannot be me. I like being me way to much to let someone else have all the fun.

I’d be less concerned with the complicated politics of the Middle East .

It's not about politics Sir Dorfus; it's about Wargaming! Gawd you sissy la la types sure can get your panties in a bunch. (Hint) Try reading "the words" next time. I believe BFC's understanding and research of military matters and those same matters concerning Israel’s Military would make for a very interesting module for a modern Wargame. If all hell breaks loose then BFC may be forced to change their back-story for Shock Force , that is based on a 2007 invasion of Syria by US forces to something different. BFC has stated that they desire the intro into the game's-story to be plausible.

Even if they do not have to make any changes to the story I would still like to see an Israeli module at some future date. It seems to me that would be a very good way to learn about Israel’s TO&E and their capabilities. BFC seems (to me) anyway to have a knack for solid research and the ability to present believable results in their simulations. Just as many people have learned about WWII Militaries from BFC's earlier projects.

What is so difficult for some people to grasp about that...I have no idea. Personally I would have preferred an Arab Israeli game, say 1967 to the present day over what BFC plans to offer, but then again, without seeing Shock Force who can really say…. The only politics in my post is what some idiot tried to read into it.

(Edited: because I can).

Oh... that makes it clearer.

It's about rabbits again?

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

It's about rabbits again?

I like to raise rabbits and eat them, is that a problem for you? Did somebody kill your Easter bunny when you were little? ...why that would break my heart.

[ July 17, 2006, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Speaking of rules...

Peng, ol' chum...

Seanachai, ol'... bastard...

I'm thinking, given the above example, that we, in the interests of the Mutha Beautiful Thread, should consider banning, for life, Sir Tinypopgun from every starting a thread. We've had some bad starts before, but look at that... its like a pile of dog **** in the middle of the sidewalk on a hot summer day

It's not about politics Sir Dorfus; it's about Wargaming!

I couldn’t give a bleedin’ rat’s arse to what you are interested in!

And I think it’s safe to say that I’m not alone in expressing that opinion.

So you can strut around & get all uppity as much as you like… but to me it’s nothing more than the flies crawling or buzzing around the pile.

Second hint... take it out of your mouth!

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Speaking of rules...

Peng, ol' chum...

Seanachai, ol'... bastard...

I'm thinking, given the above example, that we, in the interests of the Mutha Beautiful Thread, should consider banning, for life, Sir Tinypopgun from every starting a thread.

Some would say that my post had a touch of class… that it possesses a rough, but pleasing style… and although light in body, it's full in spirit.

Anyway will this be like a serious Olde One ruling or a normal Olde One ruling?

Coz, for overturning it, I’ve already got the cheap booze.

[ July 18, 2006, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Sir 37mm ]

Some would say that my post had a touch of class…

Perhaps some in the Cheery Wiffle thread might

Anyway will this be like a serious Olde One ruling or a normal Olde One ruling?
Silly git, all our whims are serious

Coz, for overturning it, I’ve already got the cheap booze.
Cheap don't cut it with Olde Ones. Even Seanachai drinks high priced aftershave. Peng and I, we like our Scotch near as old as we are

its like a pile of dog **** in the middle of the sidewalk on a hot summer day

Roight , There are several common sense tips for avoiding these summertime dangers.

Drink plenty of liquids..... even if you are not thirsty

Wear loose fitting clothing, and avoid the sun.

Stay indoors if you can.

Make sure you and all of your friends use a pooper scooper.

Cheap don't cut it with Olde Ones. Even Seanachai drinks high priced aftershave. Peng and I, we like our Scotch near as old as we are

So, when the Bard was extolling the virtues of cheap beer to me the other evening, he must have been drunk, I suppose.

And on cheap beer, most likely.

...I would still like to see an Israeli module at some future date. It seems to me that would be a very good way to learn about Israel’s TO&E and their capabilities. BFC seems (to me) anyway to have a knack for solid research and the ability to present believable results in their simulations. Just as many people have learned about WWII Militaries from BFC's earlier projects.

The catch to this is that the Israelis are very tricky about what they let out and what they don't. They make the Official Secrets Act look positively transparent at times. I fear that even BFC's legendary research abilities might founder on that rock.

BTW, you suck.*

*Added because, well this is the Peng Thread after all.

Michael

Shockforce will soon enter beta stage officially. Progress is slower than anticipated, but what’s new? At the moment we’re more worried to become OBE (overtaken by events) in our hypothetical near-future scenario of a war in Syria to be honest…
link

Heh, I was right, again. Now you may Officially calm down.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

...I would still like to see an Israeli module at some future date. It seems to me that would be a very good way to learn about Israel’s TO&E and their capabilities. BFC seems (to me) anyway to have a knack for solid research and the ability to present believable results in their simulations. Just as many people have learned about WWII Militaries from BFC's earlier projects.

The catch to this is that the Israelis are very tricky about what they let out and what they don't. They make the Official Secrets Act look positively transparent at times. I fear that even BFC's legendary research abilities might founder on that rock.

</font>

Yeah, and your a real peach*

You are aware that an Emrys is incapable of understanding sarcasm?

He’s just gonna take your statement at face value.

As I’ve often said, when dealing with an Emrys you must keep things simple.

Allow me to give you an example of something he might understand…

Emrys you perfidious collection of visually displeasing baubles, you would look out of place even on Abbotts Christmas tree!

… something like that should work

Originally posted by Dave H:

The guy in this video may be the anti-<font size=1>penguin</font>. With any luck linking the two sites will annihilate them both.

You know if you posted in the other thread as often as you post here you might finally reach the point where the other thread needs a new incarnation.

I mean how old is the current incarnation of the Pengawfulthread ... NINE months?

Soddin’ hell! Who'd have thought that so few people would be interested in squeaking & hurling smileys at each other?

Originally posted by Sir 37mm

Soddin’ hell! Who'd have thought that so few people would be interested in squeaking & hurling smileys at each other?

Speaking of squeaking...whatever has become of Mouse?