A Thousand Points of Collateral Damage: A Kinder, Gentler Peng Challenge Thread

Welcome to the Peng Challenge Thread! Could I get you a glass of chai? Could we show you a catalogue of our 'Extraordinary Renditions'? Is there a moment in your life when you wondered if you'd be able to torture someone, simply because they were different?

Look no further, Squire! We're a full service provider of doubt, bigotry, guilt and absolution!

Here you'll find an amazing cross-section of people so loathsome, so vile, and so deserving of your hatred that even 15 minutes into the water-boarding, you'll still be true to your vision of Freedom!

Liberals! Australians! Europeans! Homosexuals! Women! Gnomes! Scots!

Step right up, Step right up!

Rules? Of course there are rules! Do you think we've become the Greatest, Most Powerful Thread On the Forum without a devotion to rules?!

Of course not. After all, We are a Nation...err, that is, We Are a Thread of Laws!

And they apply to everyone We say they do. And they never apply to Us.

Isn't it jolly how the humorous idiocy of the Peng Challenge Thread has become...

What have we become?

Joe Shaw, Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread, I would ask for a Special Dispensation.

I would like for just anyone, you know, to wander in here and post.

Nothing special. Just a quick 'hello'. Or a 'piss-off'. Whatever. No one dying, you know. I'm pretty sure we could pull it off without calling up 20,000 former posters...

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How 'bout a jolly immigrant singsong, then, eh?

Unburdened of their passengers

The taxis have all scattered

The hawkers move their tables out

They’ll be selling no more leather

The Oslo Queen is set to sail

From the Port of Buenos Aires

The ropes are thrown and the big horn moans

As she slips out of the harbor

The stowaway is keeping still

In the dark of his container

With his blanket and his flashlight

And a picture of his sweetheart

He’s rationing his batteries

But right now he can’t resist her

Standing there with her long brown hair

In that Che Guevara t-shirt

As the contents of his wallet show

His plan’s a little sketchy

Three hundred bucks and the bad address

Of a cousin in Miami

In a couple months with a little luck

He’ll be wiring home some money

And even if they send him back

It’ll make a damn good story

Late at night he ventures out

Each time a little farther

Emboldened by his wanderlust

His boredom, and his hunger

Til he’s standing out on the open deck

Searching for La Cruz del Sur

But by-and-by the sky he knows

Has yielded to another

The moon shines on the shipping lanes

Off the coast of Venezuela

And as he looks out at the oilers

Riding heavy up to Texas

He sings a little to himself

Luna, luna, luna llena

While the moon, a word he’s yet to learn,

Betrays him to the cameras

Now he’s somewhere in Dade County

And six weeks without a lawyer

On the basis of the evidence

They could keep him there forever

The guy with the cuban accent says

“Do you recognize this picture?”

And there she is with her long brown hair

And that Che Guevara t-shirt

-Richard Shindell

"Che Guevara T-shirt"

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

For the two of you who expected turns from me, you'll have to wait a bit longer. I just got back home from Amsterdam and I'm tired.

Tired from what? Smoking ganja in the coffee shops and living the life of typical carefree Euro trash?

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

For the two of you who expected turns from me, you'll have to wait a bit longer. I just got back home from Amsterdam and I'm tired.

Tired from what? Smoking ganja in the coffee shops and living the life of typical carefree Euro trash? </font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Tired from what? Smoking ganja in the coffee shops and living the life of typical carefree Euro trash? </font>

Rules? Of course there are rules! Do you think we've become the Greatest, Most Powerful Thread On the Forum without a devotion to rules?!

Of course not. After all, We are a Nation...err, that is, We Are a Thread of Laws!

And they apply to everyone We say they do. And they never apply to Us.

Isn't it jolly how the humorous idiocy of the Peng Challenge Thread has become...

What have we become?

Joe Shaw, Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread, I would ask for a Special Dispensation.

I would like for just anyone, you know, to wander in here and post.

DWEEB! We have NEVER restricted ANYONE from wandering in and posting ... it's AFTER they post that things sometimes get interesting.

They can post all day long if they choose, we just may choose to ignore them ... or chastise them ... or make them run away bawling like the children they are.

And yes, the rules apply to us as well as to them. We require the same thing from certified and registered members of the CessPool as we do from SSNs ... except in the unfortunate cases like bauhaus where we made someone a member before we noticed that they didn't have two brain cells to rub together.

You're off your meds again aren't you ... one day you're berating an SSN as only you can do and the next you're inviting EVERYONE to drop in for tea and crumpets.

Cut to the chase for the luv of Gawd! What the hell do you WANT ... other than booze that is?

And I don't provide special dispensations, YOU DO! You're an Olde One and I serve at your pleasure ... not, I hasten to add, FOR your pleasure. So if you don't like the way things are going ... CHANGE THEM!

Dweeb!

Joe

p.s. Dweeb!