A Tale Told By An Idiot: The Peng Challenge Thread Drags on Its Way To Dusty Death

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

And we would like you come on over in summer so we can watch you defecate yourself into a greasy pile of gnome poo. Cold is nothing, you can always chuck on more clothes. Surviving the Aussie Summer, that's real man's work.

Aussies, they're so funny when they are absolutely clueless...

Let me put it to you this way Noba.

Six months out of the year, your beer will freeze up, right in your hand, while you are still trying to drink it.

Screaming in horror yet? </font>

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bugged:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

**waves to Bugged**

*waves back*

Okay, so you've obviously gotten over having lost to me in the leg wrestling match.

<font size=0> ...all three times</font size>. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I get the feeling that there's something going on in this leg wrestling business that we haven't been told.

Are you willing to hold your breath until I reveal all about that evening in a Melbourne hotel?

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I get the feeling that there's something going on in this leg wrestling business that we haven't been told.

Are you willing to hold your breath until I reveal all about that evening in a Melbourne hotel? </font>

Are you willing to hold your breath until I reveal all about that evening in a Melbourne hotel? </font>

Well, the time has come to bid Michael Dorosh farewell from this Forum. I've put up with the trouble he purposefully sets out to cause far too many times. He knows it too, so I'm sure he is not shocked by the turn of events, though knowing his personality he will likely feign surprise and innocence.

Those of you here who aren't completely unaware of things will know that I've been Dorosh's protector since the beginning. He's given me more reasons to ban him than anybody else currently able to post, yet I've given him an equal number of breaks. I made it very clear to him the last time that there would not be another Get Out Of Jail Free Card for his behavior, therefore if he's a man he'll own up to his mistakes and accept responsibility for what he, and he alone, made happen.

For the record, after several lengthy attempts at getting him to curb his behavior (the nice way) I sent him an email on September 9, 2007. I will not post it here verbatium, except for the last line (with the subject edited out). I am doing this to make it extremely clear that a very solid line was drawn for Dorosh, complete with extremely straight forward effects for crossing it:

Post about (topic), direct or indirect, and I ban you.
The fact that Dorosh has more recently gone out of his way to deliberately give me more reasons to ban him is coincidental. All his recent behavior has done is remove the last ounce of sympathy I once had for him. Therefore, I have no conflicts about flipping the ban switch on him now, whereas on September 9th I would have.

On a final note to Dorosh... it would be nice if you would stop being such a nasty piece of work. I mean, you obviously devote most of your waking hours to your online presence, so I'm not sure why you feel lying and going out of your way to hurt people is in your best interests. Obviously you are your own entity and I can't control what you say on other forums. I'll I can do is stop your vindictive postings on this one website, so that's what I've done. You claim to be an honorable and reasonable person, but ultimately that's up to you to prove through your behavior.

Steve

Your house and all, but to do it in the "Peng Thread"?

Might be the fourth or fifth time I ever posted in this series of threads because I can never figure out what is supposed to make sense and what doesn't. It's Alice in Wonderland here abouts.

What I thought I had figured out about this thread is that isn't this the one place where one does not get all sideways about nastiness, vitriol and biting posts.

Dirtweasle,

Your house and all, but to do it in the "Peng Thread"?
Dorosh knew the rules and he deliberately broke them. Doesn't matter where he did it.

What I thought I had figured out about this thread is that isn't this the one place where one does not get all sideways about nastiness, vitriol and biting posts.
When it is intentionally nasty... that's different. When there is no hint, nor intent, of sarcasm... that's different. When it is done against a very specific, and I mean VERY SPECIFIC, agreement with the poster to not to post such crap.. that's different. When it is done without any provocation or even the tiniest bit of an excuse... that's different.

This thread may have more leeway than the others, but anybody who posts here knows full well that there still are boundaries. Dorosh certainly knew this and therefore he has to face the consequences.

Steve

[ April 15, 2008, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]

In the Spirt of the MBT...

dalem, that's a good one! Especially since I've referred to the above situation as "a soap opera gone wrong".

Lars, this was a side effect that was considered at the time I made my decision. It was a close call, but nobody sent me any beer to sway my mind. Therefore, Emrys is the new high post king here. The fact that any of you are ahead of me is disturbing, but that's a discussion others need to have with their therapists.

Steve

And the Purges will continue until I am the Number 1 poster on the Board.

Regime Change was the only answer. Now, at last, the Forums will all be brought under the sway of my own brand of 'Compassionate Despotism'.

Looks like we're going to need to get a new Horseman of the Apocalypso.

At least for the parades, and such.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

And the Purges will continue until I am the Number 1 poster on the Board.

Regime Change was the only answer. Now, at last, the Forums will all be brought under the sway of my own brand of 'Compassionate Despotism'.

Looks like we're going to need to get a new Horseman of the Apocalypso.

At least for the parades, and such.

You need to learn to stay at your place in the line, mate.

Thus spoke he.

All the best

Andreas