What will be the focus for 1.07?

First let me say that I'm very pleased with patch 1.06 and the game has reached a level were it's stable and very enjoyable for me.

But I can't help to wonder what the focus of the next patch (1.07) will be?

Perhaps some of these..

- Better infantry pathfinding through doors?

- Tweaked shadow rendering for both ATi/nVidia? (or is this only driver issues)

- New mission editor features/improvements?

Thanks.

Kill lists! Kill lists! Kill lists!!! HINT. HINT.

And fixing the play back in WEGO, please. And, and, and, damaged vehicle textures! And fire...fire that spreads! Wow...I think I peed myself.

Mord.

Originally posted by Sgt.Rock of Easy Company:

What about decals (like bullet holes and other such textures).

Looking at a dead T-72 with a couple gaping holes in its front side would just be amazing (and they're not very computer intensive either :D )

I was thinking more like the turret blowing off

smile.gif

Some things I'd like to see added:

</font>

• AI using artillery mid-game against targets of opportunity instead of scripted preliminary barrages;</font>
  • Water;</font>
  • Bridges, including highway overpasses;</font>
  • Kills per unit in AAR;</font>
  • C2 Attach/Detach commands in editor;</font>
  • Cmx1-style Officer/NCO characteristics (Combat, Morale, Command, Stealth).</font>

Originally posted by f-bomb:

arent the quick battles still "broke" i still get the same map almost everytime. still, i thought there was something else i heard, but i cant recall about the qb being broke.

Time limits for QB's are locked so it would be nice to set your own time limit.

On another note that T-90 dosen't look like it has any of the active protection gear on it, is that not included on the export version? It would probably provide some programming headaches to code that stuff I imagine.

Originally posted by bodkin:

Its the latest export model, the T-90SA. It does away with the active protection system but in return does have full reactive armor coverate on the front turret. I have actually seen a couple of examples of this model in Russian service, so its even possible they may be considering trading in the active protection system for better era coverage (and likely a lower cost per unit).

Originally posted by bodkin:

With tandem warhead ATGM's I would have thought they'd be better going with Shtora or Arena.

Maybe, but I guess that depends on how effective it actually is vs cost. As far as Im aware no export units have been shipped with it thus far, even though the T-90SA has had other improvements.

If this is going to be the 'wish list' for 1.07, I'd like to add my voice to AI artillery improvements. It's one of the game fundamentals and even a small improvement in 1.07 would make the game more interesting, for example, if the "Destroy", "Damage" and "Suppress" options actually meant something in game.

At the moment, I'm having to give the AI force a huge amount of artillery just to make sure that all the places they'd WANT to hit are hit because I can't match them to the AI plan. I understand that this is a long way off though.

It would also be nice to have the ability to exit troops from the mapboard for VPs. I'd imagine the latter would require a considerable amount of coding though as they'd have to figure out a way to place an objective box offboard.