About US small arms

Axel

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rudel.dietrich:

Since this has turned into something of a gun thread, let me ask a question

I just back into gun collecting and going back to the firing range for recreation.

I have a chance to purchase a Kimber 1911 Stainless Pro TLE

He wants $950 USD for it

I am not that familiar with American pistols

I know Kimber has a reputation for quality. But my current pistols are a H&K .40 USP and a Sig Sauer P220 SAO Match

How does Kimber match up? I dont want to waste my money on something less than what I have

Thanks!

Unless you are buying it just to have it you have to handle a weapon first. As long as you have a choice don't get something that doesn't feel right. I know lots of guys in the military don't like the M9 but I have always loved it because it just feels right and I am confident in my ability to engage targets with it. I fired a couple Sigs with some friends in the police and everything was just slightly in the wrong position. I had to concentrate on the weapon too much to be comfortable shooting. I have the same problem with most 1911's, I always find myself having to search around or look at the weapon. In a real situation that can cost you.

Anyway, try it out first, at least hold it and work the action. When you find the right weapon it will feel like an extension of your arm.

I just back into gun collecting and going back to the firing range for recreation.

He wants $950 USD for it

I know Kimber has a reputation for quality. But my current pistols are a H&K .40 USP and a Sig Sauer P220 SAO Match

How does Kimber match up? I dont want to waste my money on something less than what I have

Thanks!

Unless you are buying it just to have it you have to handle a weapon first. As long as you have a choice don't get something that doesn't feel right. I know lots of guys in the military don't like the M9 but I have always loved it because it just feels right and I am confident in my ability to engage targets with it. I fired a couple Sigs with some friends in the police and everything was just slightly in the wrong position. I had to concentrate on the weapon too much to be comfortable shooting. I have the same problem with most 1911's, I always find myself having to search around or look at the weapon. In a real situation that can cost you.

Anyway, try it out first, at least hold it and work the action. When you find the right weapon it will feel like an extension of your arm.

He wants $950 USD for it

Thanks!

He wants $950 USD for it

They're fine guns, though I think the Springfield Loaded Operator is better value.

As others have said, if 1911's fit your hand you're good to go. Try one before you buy.

He wants $950 USD for it

They're fine guns, though I think the Springfield Loaded Operator is better value.

As others have said, if 1911's fit your hand you're good to go. Try one before you buy.

He wants $950 USD for it

"Finnish über MG gunners routinely strapped belts of ammo all over themselves, put their AT Toothpick behind one ear, and then marched upright into combat firing a Maxim with one hand from the hip while feeding the belt with the other hand. - Battlefront"

Thats right! :D

"Finnish über MG gunners routinely strapped belts of ammo all over themselves, put their AT Toothpick behind one ear, and then marched upright into combat firing a Maxim with one hand from the hip while feeding the belt with the other hand. - Battlefront"

Thats right! :D