About US small arms

Axel

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when on the range, use what you are planning to use if a situation arises.
That's what I try to do. But every time, right in the middle of "Oh God, oh God, don't hurt me!" they throw me out.

They invariably say something like "The range is for shooting." Gun nuts... go figure. :rolleyes:

That's what I try to do. But every time, right in the middle of "Oh God, oh God, don't hurt me!" they throw me out.

They invariably say something like "The range is for shooting." Gun nuts... go figure. :rolleyes:

I prefer, from the standpoint of being a cop, to own only Glocks, that way my muscle memory is only for Glocks.

I do appreciate the beauty of high end 1911's, but from what I understand, Kimber's are mid range 1911's. Les Baer or Wilson Combat are high end guns. 1911's also require alot more TLC to keep running than my ugly, boxy, always reliable Glocks.

I understand both points of view, for someone who is a collector, a hobby shooter, the outlook is different than someone who uses their weapons every day, as a tool of their trade.

I prefer, from the standpoint of being a cop, to own only Glocks, that way my muscle memory is only for Glocks.

I do appreciate the beauty of high end 1911's, but from what I understand, Kimber's are mid range 1911's. Les Baer or Wilson Combat are high end guns. 1911's also require alot more TLC to keep running than my ugly, boxy, always reliable Glocks.

I understand both points of view, for someone who is a collector, a hobby shooter, the outlook is different than someone who uses their weapons every day, as a tool of their trade.

Alot of people dont practice for anything.

They are not in defence or police work or the military and the chance of robbery is small and the chance of having to defend yourself during a robbery is even smaller.

So going to the range is a hobby.

I have a job that requires fire arm training and I do train. Alot

But I do it with a wide varity of weapons since it is also a hobby and something I greatly enjoy doing.

It is a very strange notion that the only reason to own a fire arm or to shoot it is to harm someone :confused:

I really really dislike shooting at someone or being shot at or even being in situations where there is a chance of either.

Yet I really like guns, I dont know maybe im weird.

If I can go the next 25 years on this job without ever having to use a firearm, I would take that no questions asked.

But I still enjoy guns and I slightly resent the notion that me using them somehow makes me a stone cold killer.

And like I said before, using different weapons is not going to make a worse shooter.

I pop off over 2000 rounds a month on probably 25 different weapons and suffer not a single adverse effect.

They are not in defence or police work or the military and the chance of robbery is small and the chance of having to defend yourself during a robbery is even smaller.

But I do it with a wide varity of weapons since it is also a hobby and something I greatly enjoy doing.

It is a very strange notion that the only reason to own a fire arm or to shoot it is to harm someone :confused:

I really really dislike shooting at someone or being shot at or even being in situations where there is a chance of either.

If I can go the next 25 years on this job without ever having to use a firearm, I would take that no questions asked.

But I still enjoy guns and I slightly resent the notion that me using them somehow makes me a stone cold killer.

And like I said before, using different weapons is not going to make a worse shooter.

I pop off over 2000 rounds a month on probably 25 different weapons and suffer not a single adverse effect.

Never fired a Sig, so I can't really comment. All I know is my Glock has never, ever, ever, malfunctioned in any way. The finish doesn't rust, at least mine hasn't, and I can put 16 rounds of S&W .40 in a 6 inch circle at 8 yards in about 4-5 seconds. No hammers, or safeties, or decocking levers to worry about. I have a 22, 23, and 27 that all have the same manual of arms, and the smaller ones can use the mags from the bigger ones. and I didn't pay over $450.00 for any of them.

Now the Beretta 92F (M-9) I carried over in the sandbox was a POS jammomatic that would never, ever, ever, successfully feed more than 4 rounds from the magazine unless I had cleaned the magazine within the last hour. Not that that mattered since after about 3 hours on the road, the light coating of dust on the pistol would lock up the slide after a shot or three.

Not trying to talk bad about Kimbers, or Sigs, I don't have any first hand experience with them, but I don't feel any need at all to move away from what works, quite well, for me. Beretta's on the other hand, we hates them, we hates them forever!

Never fired a Sig, so I can't really comment. All I know is my Glock has never, ever, ever, malfunctioned in any way. The finish doesn't rust, at least mine hasn't, and I can put 16 rounds of S&W .40 in a 6 inch circle at 8 yards in about 4-5 seconds. No hammers, or safeties, or decocking levers to worry about. I have a 22, 23, and 27 that all have the same manual of arms, and the smaller ones can use the mags from the bigger ones. and I didn't pay over $450.00 for any of them.

Now the Beretta 92F (M-9) I carried over in the sandbox was a POS jammomatic that would never, ever, ever, successfully feed more than 4 rounds from the magazine unless I had cleaned the magazine within the last hour. Not that that mattered since after about 3 hours on the road, the light coating of dust on the pistol would lock up the slide after a shot or three.

Not trying to talk bad about Kimbers, or Sigs, I don't have any first hand experience with them, but I don't feel any need at all to move away from what works, quite well, for me. Beretta's on the other hand, we hates them, we hates them forever!