About US small arms

Axel

Never fired a Sig, so I can't really comment. All I know is my Glock has never, ever, ever, malfunctioned in any way. The finish doesn't rust, at least mine hasn't, and I can put 16 rounds of S&W .40 in a 6 inch circle at 8 yards in about 4-5 seconds. No hammers, or safeties, or decocking levers to worry about. I have a 22, 23, and 27 that all have the same manual of arms, and the smaller ones can use the mags from the bigger ones. and I didn't pay over $450.00 for any of them.

Now the Beretta 92F (M-9) I carried over in the sandbox was a POS jammomatic that would never, ever, ever, successfully feed more than 4 rounds from the magazine unless I had cleaned the magazine within the last hour. Not that that mattered since after about 3 hours on the road, the light coating of dust on the pistol would lock up the slide after a shot or three.

Not trying to talk bad about Kimbers, or Sigs, I don't have any first hand experience with them, but I don't feel any need at all to move away from what works, quite well, for me. Beretta's on the other hand, we hates them, we hates them forever!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, yes, Glocks. I fired a 19 and a 22. From what i hear, they are extremely reliable, i even know a guy who (when he was in the Corps) decided to load up 50 clips of 10 rounds a piece and run it through non-stop all in one go with several buddies and apparently it never jammed. But when i was shooting the Glock 22, the third round of the first clip jammed, then a round in the fourth clip jammed, which was surprising cause the guy who owned it kept his guns mighty clean, and i figure he knew how to do it all fine because hes been hunting since he was 15 and was in the Marine Corps for 21 years. I guess it was just one of those freak accidents...

hmmm, yes, Glocks. I fired a 19 and a 22. From what i hear, they are extremely reliable, i even know a guy who (when he was in the Corps) decided to load up 50 clips of 10 rounds a piece and run it through non-stop all in one go with several buddies and apparently it never jammed. But when i was shooting the Glock 22, the third round of the first clip jammed, then a round in the fourth clip jammed, which was surprising cause the guy who owned it kept his guns mighty clean, and i figure he knew how to do it all fine because hes been hunting since he was 15 and was in the Marine Corps for 21 years. I guess it was just one of those freak accidents...

One issue some shooters have with Glocks is "limp wristing". If your grip isn't strong enough, or if you allow the pistol to "flip", there isn't enough resistance for the slide to go all the way back and you get failures to feed and failures to eject.

Not saying that was it, but it could of been. Are you an experienced pistol shooter?

One issue some shooters have with Glocks is "limp wristing". If your grip isn't strong enough, or if you allow the pistol to "flip", there isn't enough resistance for the slide to go all the way back and you get failures to feed and failures to eject.

Not saying that was it, but it could of been. Are you an experienced pistol shooter?

well, i wouldn't consider myself a seasoned shooter but im no scrawny kid, i was definitely putting enough resistance into the the thing, i handled the recoil well enough to speed shoot about 2.5-3 rounds per second from 8 meters in a nice little group. But for the record anyway, the Marine who owned it fired the first clip, and like i said, the third round jammed (the shell casing was stuck and refused to eject and the next round was trying to feed in.)And then the fourth clip jammed when i began firing.

well, i wouldn't consider myself a seasoned shooter but im no scrawny kid, i was definitely putting enough resistance into the the thing, i handled the recoil well enough to speed shoot about 2.5-3 rounds per second from 8 meters in a nice little group. But for the record anyway, the Marine who owned it fired the first clip, and like i said, the third round jammed (the shell casing was stuck and refused to eject and the next round was trying to feed in.)And then the fourth clip jammed when i began firing.

Originally posted by flamingknives:

Perhaps it's a British thing, but I view someone who owns a gun with the sole purpose of blowing someone else away somewhat distasteful. But I don't pretend that they do not exist.

IF you had ever seen the historical film Shaun of the Dead , you would realize the foe we face in flesh-eating zombies and your disdain would melt away into a warm puddle....just like the one that would run down your leg and pool at your feet with the mere sight of such creatures.

You Brits are always ignoring the threats to mankind, even when they are right before your very eyes. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Perhaps it's a British thing, but I view someone who owns a gun with the sole purpose of blowing someone else away somewhat distasteful. But I don't pretend that they do not exist.

IF you had ever seen the historical film Shaun of the Dead , you would realize the foe we face in flesh-eating zombies and your disdain would melt away into a warm puddle....just like the one that would run down your leg and pool at your feet with the mere sight of such creatures.

You Brits are always ignoring the threats to mankind, even when they are right before your very eyes. :mad: :mad: :mad: