• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Leeo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

Now we just need to wait and see about;

AI problems.

Pathfinding problems.

LOS/LOF problems.

Poor infantry modeling (cover/pathfinding)

Artillery (and smoke)

TciP WEGO

I don't expect to see all that in 1.04.

eye_mask.jpg </font>

I should also point out that Leeo is a long time member of the Peng Challenge Thread while Abbott is a frequent visitor and Other Recognized.

It's all part of something we've got going in the thread ... pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. All is not as it seems and there are mirrors within mirrors and so forth, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Joe

It all started back in the Middle Ages with the turf-dwellers of Romford. These hard working peasant folk lived in low grass covered houses on the banks of the Thames. In order to enter or leave one of these Squatts as they were known, a piece of turf or sod would be lifted away from the door opening. The term "sod off" was thus coined to mean "The door is open, feel free to leave". This term eventually replaced such phrases as "Well, don't let me keep you", "My, is that the time?" and "We must have lunch together one day". Interestingly the term "sodding" was often used to refer to unwelcome guests due to the work of lifting the sod to see who's there. This is still in common use today as in "Oh bugger, it's the sodding Jehovah's Witnesses". If you are very interested you could find a copy of "England as it is spoke" by Queen Victoria's brother Albert, written shortly before he was eaten by the lion.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Dalem,

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />This thread is like a seminar on customer service from the Mirror Universe where Spock has a beard.

Well, at least we're consistent since the customers are also from the same Mirror Universe. Dunno about the beards though... I've been fortunate enough to not see any of you in person :D

Steve </font>

One problem is that CM:SF is already in "bargain bin" in many places. That is going to really hurt future sales, no matter how well it'll be patched in future. And in current form, it does deserve it's status.

I do hope patch 1.04 will remedy most of the things and 1.05 the rest. Problem is that it's too late. New customers who were interested about game most likely have moved away..since basicly, game goes not work as advertized right now. Secondly, at least I feel so, loyal customer base was not too impressed. One can deduct it from traffic on this forum compared to previous releases.

I still own products like Over the Reich, Achtung Spitfire, CMBO, CMBB, CMAK and I love them. I don't play CMBO much because of very good refinements made in CMAK, but still now and then. Also OTR/AS have their own problems, but all of those games and many more always worked as advertized.

Try as I like to like it (and I'm not averse to RT games like Shogun/Rome/Medieval Total War etc.), CMSF is not a good game. User interface is bad, game is pre-release-state still and many design decisions are like custom-made to alienate old customer base.

I do wish BFC will survive this experience and continue to make games I'd enjoy.

I don't understand how I am from the mirror universe. I was a little confused on Steve's statement in the other thread. I posted my question in that thread, never got a response from anyone associated with BFC and that thread slowly disappeared off the front page.

I did not selectively quote anyone out of context. My quote showed the full paragraph of the statement I was curious about. I have not seen any discussion of how the code patches would be integrated backwards, and given the prior history of CMAK/CMBB/CMBO I thought it was a legitimate question to ask.

Since I thought there were still quite a few issues left to fix in the game it was a relevant question to me since I didn't see v1.04 as having sufficient development time to address the outstanding items.

Steve's response answered most of my questions. I still don't know if things like smoke arty will be retrofitted into CMSF, but as per Steve's request to let this thread die I'll stop posting on this subject.

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Are the following things patched by 1.04????:

Pathfinding

LOS/LOF

Adjusting Arty

Breaching

That's the $64.00 question. Fix those and the infantry model and the game may be a winner just like the CMX1 series of games were. From what I have been reading those items may not be fixed until the Marine Module is released. </font>

Originally posted by Lurker765:

I still don't know if things like smoke arty will be retrofitted into CMSF, but as per Steve's request to let this thread die I'll stop posting on this subject.

Yes IF smoke arty was to make it into CMSF then it would be considered a feature of CMSF, NOT exlusive to a particular Module. (ie. Engineering vehicles fixed) That would make them a FEATURE. IF the USMC Grizzly is added that would be a specific Module add. So it would only show in the USMC Module. The Stryker Engineering vehicle would then be active in your original CMSF as a FEATURE.

Does that help?

Aye pardner,

Hang in there. You'll love the fixes and adds.

aka_tom and I are somewhat to blame for the latest delay, we're pushing to get tiny little quirks at this point. Steve and BFC are busting a$# to get them put in. Charles seems to actually be fixing faster now than we can find stuff to break or suggest. tongue.gif

[ September 27, 2007, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Huntarr ]

Thats because aka_tom and huntarr don't have lives :D they stay in front of their computer all the time day and night :D Unfortunately I have computers all around me but they are government computers and it takes an act of congress to get anything loaded on to them :D

By the time I get to testing the version, a new one just came out and trying to duplicate the other testers failures :D

JohnO

We all love Battlefront, with all the scars and bullet holes intact. I think it comes down to that old adage "A good soldier is never happy unless he's complaining."

And by the way, pleeeeeeeeze give me a way to turn off that wicked annoying muzak! I play so many PBEMs I hear it in my sleep now. And what's up with that ululating broard? Make it stop! That proves I'm a good soldier, see?

That is all.

Originally posted by Sgt_K:

And by the way, pleeeeeeeeze give me a way to turn off that wicked annoying muzak!

Gawd, I couldn't agree with that more! Often I can't even finish reading a briefing without clicking past that damn music. It's a good tune but please give us a choice of when to listen to it without having to shut our speakers off.