New video released?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Moon:

.. As for setting targets - what I did in the video was to draw a line target. You click twice on the map to set the start and end points...

Martin

You talk about clicking on the map but in the video you are actually drawing the line right there on the 3D view, which looks really cool. But which one is it gonna be? If you use a map (top down view) you can be more precise in your xy coordinates, whereas in 3d mode you might mistakenly draw the line further away from the target. I'm curious to know how the system works.

-

Originally posted by Steiner14:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

As for setting targets - what I did in the video was to draw a line target.

Martin, can you tell us, what specs the computer has, that was used to do the BetaVideo (action)?

When the Stryker drives by the camera, the framerate obviously drops. </font>

The video is great, the battlefield is live and dynamic. The sounds are great too. The 1:1 representation is awesome, just imagine a lucky mortar round which finds its way into the middle of a squad. There will be no unit bunching in this game.

The infantry movement speed isn't in sync with the animation that is why they look strange, it's just needs a tweak.

I have only one concern, it isn't really spectacular to shoot at distant squares, some kind of zoom functionality would be handy. At this field of view nothing is visible even at 100 meters/yards, in an fps you can zoom to the realistic values.

Originally posted by Moon:

Webwing, you paint the coordinates right in the 3D view. If you want to be extra precise, you can of course move the camera to that spot and make sure that you click on the right spot.

Martin

Thanks for the answer Martin.

I guess that way is a lot more intuitive and... fun! :D

The videos look impressive, but I'm confused. In the artillery video, how many rounds did all that damage? Looked to me as though a single 155 round

sufficed to flatten a multistory building. Is that really doable in reality, or are the buildings mud brick rather than reinforced concrete? Presumably, this was predoodad?

The tracers make for a nice touch of chrome, but I can see why some people are asking for different tracer colors. I see no evidence

of any kind of curvature in bullet trajectory in said tracer fire, reminiscent of Star Wars blaster fighting, in fact, but it may just be me, my rig and the fact I'm trashed right now.

The infantry mit Stryker video was downright disturbing in its intensity and visceral nature, but that was the most barren urban environment I've ever seen. Must also observe that watching men drop individually is a far cry from watching the casualty counter tick higher in the other CM games, greatly adding to both immersion and the pucker factor. Clearly, the run and gun FPS types are in for a rude, sudden recalibration as to how the battlefield really works! Can see the SMS squawks now!

This game is looking better and better with every new video released.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Dr. Zoidberg:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NoxSpartana:

^^^

Seriously? I must have missed an announcment... last I heard it was coming in August... link please? I might be confusing CMSF with another game though...

Paradox

BFC has been rather cagey about a giving a clear response, however... </font>