Hi Steve,

Just working out a few more issues and making sure there are no unexpected problems before we release an update. Probably in a few weeks or so. Btw, that MOD was created under v1.06 Beta but it should be compatible with v1.05a as there were no data changes for v1.06 just mostly bug fixes and enhancements.

Hubert

I just want to pass along a big thank you to Hubert for creating such a great game. smile.gif I've had hours of fun. The 1.05a release's AI is much better. I'm thinking of trying my first multiplayer PBEM game (although I'm a little concerned since there are some expert players out there).

Basically I think that 1.05a is a very big step ahead from 1.00.... we are almost where we want to be.

But there are a few smaller things I would wish for 1.06:

- French Reunification script in case the Allies liberate France and Vichy France isn´t yet involved in the war or also liberated

- Allied AI should attach HQs to their bombers and AFs in England while bombing France and Germany.. all planes in England work on lowered morale and readiness at the moment

- the english engineer unit should not sit south of Alexandria having tea while Axis forces approach.. it should be in the El Alamein fortification

- Russian AI (although greatly improved) is still operating wildly all through Russia.. i.e. it is removing a fresh army somewhere just to replace it with another similar unit.. waste of MPP

- Imagine the following situation: english troops took Sicily and dig in... HQ, Army, Corps and AF... why does the AI put 25 Axis units to Italy? Seems a bit too much... and there is just one or two of them who can conduct attacks per turn..

[ January 15, 2007, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Hyazinth von Strachwitz ]

Originally posted by Hyazinth von Strachwitz:

Basically I think that 1.05a is a very big step ahead from 1.00.... we are almost where we want to be.

But there are a few smaller things I would wish for 1.06:

- French Reunification script in case the Allies liberate France and Vichy France isn´t yet involved in the war or also liberated

- Allied AI should attach HQs to their bombers and AFs in England while bombing France and Germany.. all planes in England work on lowered morale and readiness at the moment

- the english engineer unit should not sit south of Alexandria having tea while Axis forces approach.. it should be in the El Alamein fortification

- Russian AI (although greatly improved) is still operating wildly all through Russia.. i.e. it is removing a fresh army somewhere just to replace it with another similar unit.. waste of MPP

- Imagine the following situation: english troops took Sicily and dig in... HQ, Army, Corps and AF... why does the AI put Axis 25 units to Italy? Seems a bit too much... and there is just one or two of the who can conduct attacks per turn..

Apt remarks, HvS,

These can all be repaired.

One way or another.

Anybody else got enny commentaries

On how the AI can be improved? :cool:

Where can units be blocked &/or sniff now?

The US can't do it anywhere without severe consequences and is easy to house rule.

The USSR can't do much, although the triggers are too limited range-wise IMO. Anyway, I had someone come sniffing and trapped his CA ready for a zero supply kill.

The Italians in the Med can still mess around blocking and spotting. Not a huge problem IME and not necessarily unfair.

[ January 19, 2007, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Bromley ]

I agree with vveedd.You shouldnt be able to use neutral countries to do recon or anything else for the side in question(russian ships spotting for britain,italian ships blocking french african units coming back to france).Those would be considered an act of war back then.I know for russia bad things could happen but nothing at all will happen to italy no matter how much they block french movements.I say fix it so they have to remain with in so many hexes of thier country.

Sorry I don't agree. What keeps neutrals from reporting combatants' locations IRL?

What we really need is a "pass through" function for naval units on the open seas, with a % chance for a "surprise contact" based upon experience, tech level, type, and perhaps morale indications.

Partial land/sea tiles would always result in stopping contact for naval units.

Excellent idea.

01. Naval units should be able to pass through naval units of neutral nations.

02. I would also base the pass through on weather. In stormy weather you have a chance to pass through tiles occupied by active enemy units. This increases based on the fleet admirals experience advantage.

Example: Rough Seas chance to pass through enemy unit is 25%. This increases by 25% for every experience advantage you have over the enemy fleet.

Battleship with 2 bars of experience vs Enemy Cruiser with 0 bar of experience has 75% to pass through tile with enemy cruiser in rough seas.

Ok at minimum you should be able to pass through neutral ships,although i still dont think an enemy neutral would send out capital ships just to spy on the possible enemy.I know neutrals did spy for the country they were sympathetic too but it was usually done secretly without the otherside knowing.I dont think sending out capital ships is exactly being secret about it.

The "you may not move naval units of neutral countries" is one of (only) two house rules that I use.

Without this rule, you can seriously abuse your Italian navy : you can -for instance- move the Italian fleet to Egypt, surround the carrier and when Italy joins sink the carrier and go back to your ports.

Or block the Germansd in the Baltic with the Russian units (granted, this makes Finland angry, but that's no big deal).

It's unfair.

(BTW the only other house rule that I ask is not to put all French units on a transport, hoping they'll become British units when France surrenders).