Sweet! I got laid off - more time for CMBB!!!!!

The title says it all...

Actually, I was planning to quit anyway, so I got 60 days' severance pay I didn't expect, and should start a new job as soon as I feel like it.

Wooot!!!!

I really just got very lucky on the timing of the layoff. I know it's a serious business, but in my very lucky case it just means 1 month off and 2 months of free money!!!!!

[ September 12, 2002, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Cribtop Gamer ]

Originally posted by Cribtop Gamer:

The title says it all...

Actually, I was planning to quit anyway, so I got 60 days' severance pay I didn't expect, and should start a new job as soon as I feel like it.

Wooot!!!!

I really just got very lucky on the timing of the layoff. I know it's a serious business, but in my very lucky case it just means 1 month off and 2 months of free money!!!!!

The last time I got fired I got 4 weeks severance - they paid me, in essence, to find a job that pays more, has more cute girls working at it, and gives me more responsibility. These things are very often blessings in disguise - nice when it works out that way.

Too bad CMBB isn't shipping for two more months.... tongue.gif

Originally posted by Pak40:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Two more months? Is that the projected date in Europe? I feel sorry for you guys. :( </font>
I'm just trying to stir up trouble. Actually, I live in Canada, so while it is due to ship on 20 Sep, Canada Customs and Canada Post may have some ideas on when I actually take receipt...

Originally posted by Cribtop Gamer:

The title says it all...

Cribtop, I have to admire you.

You got laid off, but still you managed to find the positive side from this. Man, what an attitude you got ! :D I hope you'll find a new job to suit you. But not before you've familiarised yourself with CMBB properly ! ;)

Best of luck !

"Always look for the silver lining..."

Events like this provide a real opportunity to re-evaluate what you want to do with you life. Since CM:BB is going to be conducive to firing up those extra needed brain cells, what could be a better exercise for assisting this exercise.

Good luck.

BDH

When I got laid off June 1st I was happy. My old employers were complete incompetents and I was hoping it was coming. I could stand the place any more. But I could not quit because the job market is so crappy.

So they laid me off. I got vacation pay(chicken ****s) and my summer off. Until I finally landed a gig that pays twice as much as I was making before and it is a much better job :D

I got to enjoy my summer and have been doing this since Aug 4th ;)

LW

Thanks for the support guys. Perhaps we should all get together and form our own company.

Actually, I've been planning to step down the old respect ladder from lawyer to politician, and thus I have been working on a campaign here in Texas. If my guy wins, it's off to government service for me!

Oh, and as far as advice on how to get canned, I pulled it off by being a software licensing attorney in a market where the words "tech stock" became a joke. Since these once-mighty penny stocks were our clients, you can see how my job evaporated in a hurry.

Alternatively, you could always show up with your PIPPU sock puppet at work, right Cap'n? (I still think PIPPU was the best post in the history of the board, btw).

I just missed that bullet last Wednesday. They let half my department go (well a little more than half 5 out of 9). Now we have one manager for each employee in my group. I suspect it will become "well Karl if you just move the mouse this way we think you will create better results..." The guys who left got 6 mos severance, vacation pay, 6 mos COBRA and retraining at management company.

I got , three more people's workload added to mine. :mad: