CM Outpost --> CMBB Sneak Preview Report

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot and Scoot Target an enemy and your unit will fire and then move. I never played with this one so I can't really report on how effective it is. It just kept catching my attention in the command list.
Could anyone else comment on how this worked in practice?

Wow Garry, great report, lots of useful information, thanks. I am intrigued by the new "Shoot and Scoot" also, as well as everything else for that matter. Especially liked the photo of your reaction for the arty barrage. Lol smile.gif

Just an editing note here, on the second page of the preview you wrote "CM players are going to love the unit graphics in CMBO." Should be CMBB I think.

Ron

Originally posted by kump:

Thanks Ron, just the kind of heads up I like to get. Updating now.

WOW

Gary that was GREAT!

that was one HELLUVA a preview, nice job on the web page. That was FAST and it was VERY informative, the pics and articles were GREAT.

BFC should use that preview web page has a form of advertising as it is THAT good and professional looking.

If you have not seen this site, and the preview pics get on over to Kump's site right away! Its a REAL treat smile.gif

Great work and many thanks for the effort.

Those of us who could not make it out to any of the sneak peaks thank you immensely !

THANKS!

-tom w

(P.S. yes I found the site is only viewable on my Mac from E.I. so yes Netscape does not show the files..... oh well.)

[ July 14, 2002, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Garry,

I went to your site and checked the links. Everything looed okay, but there seems to be neither text below the CMBB cover art nor any way of getting what I want via clicking on the art. Help!

Regards,

John Kettler

[ July 14, 2002, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

John, are you viewing with Netscape? I had the same experience but when I viewed it in IE, it's all there.

Gary - Most entertaining preview report to date. Thanks. One more error: on page three, next to last sentence, you refer to CMBB as "Combat Mission: Beyond Barbarossa".

Thanks folks, I hope you got something more than what you already knew about CMBB. At least a few laughs anyway.

John Kettler:

I added another link just in case some can't get the picture hyperlink. Revisit the page and you can now click on the report title.

Agua:

Wolfe:

I called it "Beyond Barbarossa" everywhere :rolleyes:

Even with the graphic right in front of my eyes with the correct title, I can't break the CMBO habit. Thanks, corrected.

Wolfe:

Well, I certainly didn't know the 'N' key worked in CMBO. Probably did at one time, but never use it. When I asked Jeff about it, he stated he really didn't know anything about it. Once I played with it and told him how it works, he said that even he hadn't known that. Well, guess I'm not the only one to not use it. Believe me, I think most will accept it as a "new feature" of CMBB if we say so smile.gif

I'm going to do the sneaky thing and remove it anyway before someone else educates me.

Garry and troops,

Yes, I'm running Netscape Communicator 4.7. All I see, even with the new link, is the lovely CMBB cover art, the CM Outpost links, and a big blank space below them, at the very bottom of which are Garry's name and E-mail info. What baffles me is why everything else shows up except the actual preview text.

Regards,

John Kettler

John,

Alright, appears to be a NetScape issue, courtesy of MS not being fully HTML compliant (no surprise). I have modified some things, could you give it a shot. If that don't work, I have one more trick to try.

aka_tom_w,

Could you check too? And thanks for your glowing response. The work was for those fans who just found it too difficult to get to a preview site.

Regards,

Garry

[ July 14, 2002, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: kump ]

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Garry and troops,

Yes, I'm running Netscape Communicator 4.7. All I see, even with the new link, is the lovely CMBB cover art, the CM Outpost links, and a big blank space below them, at the very bottom of which are Garry's name and E-mail info. What baffles me is why everything else shows up except the actual preview text.

Regards,

John Kettler

Yes that is exactly what I see as well.

I'm using netscape 4.7 on a Mac.

But it works fine in EI smile.gif

-tom w

Lots of great information Garry - thank you. I suppose the one thing that I don't seem to hear much about is Air Support for both sides. I am wondering if this is handled differently than in CMBO.

Originally posted by Wolfe:

Thanks, Garry! But the 'N' key isn't new. It's been in CMBO since the Gold Demo. smile.gif And you call the new game 'Beyond Barbarossa' in the last paragraph on page 3.

- Chris

What does the "N" key do ? This is the first time I learned about it.

Great review Thanks.

[ July 14, 2002, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Stingray ]

Nice writeup, Garry. I especially found interesting your mention of the new movement orders as I don't believe anybody else has previously brought them up in the sneak previews. The shoot'n'scoot and hulldown orders must have taken a lot of work to get right and I will be interested to see how they work in the game.

Michael

Guest SnarkerII
Originally posted by John Kettler:

Garry,

I went to your site and checked the links. Everything looed okay, but there seems to be neither text below the CMBB cover art nor any way of getting what I want via clicking on the art. Help!

Regards,

John Kettler

John and any other Netscape users - turn off style sheets by clicking on "edit" "preferences" "advanced" and unchecking "enable style sheets".

Thanks again, MS for being unwilling to follow a standard.

Naja:

The air support is handled exactly as that in CMBO, in that you don't control it and you don't see it except for its shadow. The difference is that you get to select the type of fighter-bomber. And the type of strikes vary.

The IL-2 will fly by first to observe the battle field. Then it will drop bombs, then rockets, then cannon fire. Then it will finally leave, but not before it has overstayed its welcome smile.gif Hey! That's an idea, I'll update the third page about this info on CMBB report. I did get attacked by an Il-2, so I witnessed it working.

Stingray:

The N "next target" key is in CMBO as well. It cycles the valid targets. You don't have to lay the target line. Just keep hitting the N key and the target line will jump from one valid target to the next.

[ July 14, 2002, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: kump ]