RoW II Boots and Tracks Brawl part tres....

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Capt,

We are shooting for mid-September. That would be approximately 90 days from the tourney start date.

To all,

I will be trying to assess our MIA situation throughout the next several days. If you have not received any sort of email from an opponent in two weeks, post the problem child's name here. Thanks!

Treeburst155 out.

Hobo? Wo bist du?

I have sent the turn I owe you twice. If you have not received it, please post here to that effect.

4 games complete, 1 to go...

--------------------

I am here. The last file I received from you was last Monday. Keep sending it. I just finished my first game so I have more time to devote to your assault.

Regards,

Chris

Mike. Jeff Wilder seems to be MIA. I have heard from a couple of the other men in our section, who have not heard from him either. I do not think he has been gone for two weeks, but over one.

I hope he is enjoying the sun and women in some place I cannot afford to go!

Now come back and finish me off at St Mere Eglise, Jeff (we are down to the last 5 turns).

Tom

Bertram has returned after many days' absence (was buried in work), bringing with his reappearance the promise of a new turn. None so far. I checked before heading out the door en route to ACTOR's CMBB sneak preview a bit later, not wishing to slow down the turn flow now that spigot's back on. Will check when I return. If there is one, will get it back quickly, so that we can get as many turns in as possible this weekend. The weekend is currently his only real game window.

Regards,

John Kettler

Hobo,

The turn I sent last Monday was number 78 and I just sent it again. I'm expecting 79 from you and have not yet received it.

Glad you'll have a little more time, I've the feeling you'll need it... ;)

Two down three to go.

Hey TB, if it's not to much of a hassel, how about an update of how things are going.

Maybe we can get a feel for who's lagging (like me)and who's on schedule.

Good idea, Ted. I will post game completion statistics today (not results). Lots of them. If you are a slacker, everyone will know it. :D It's time to get serious about making good steady progress. We don't want this thing overlapping the CMBB release by too much.

MickOz may be the first person to finish. I'll have to check. He's finished because he's a freeloader...I mean freelancer...um...IOW, his wife thinks he has a job, but he doesn't. :D

Treeburst155 out.

I found that it would be quite time consuming to determine how many games each player has finished. This is because my spreadsheet is sorted by scenarios. Every player is listed five times, which means lots of hunting for names and manual tick marking.

We are right at the theoretical halfway point in the tourney. Are you half finished?

Tourney I has completed 9 of 60 games.

Tourney II has completed 28 of 60 games.

Tourney III has completed 20 of 60 games.

These figures don't mean much since we have no idea of the progress made on the unfinished games; but they do show that Tourney II is on the proper glideslope for a mid-September touchdown. When I get about 40 games completed in a tourney, the slackers in that tourney will be easy to find on the spreadsheet. Right now there are too many blank spaces.

Please continue posting the names of players you haven't heard from in over a week. This way I can find out who to lean on. The picture becomes more clear with each post. A week without a file is a long time at this stage. If you really feel like being helpful, you can also post if you DO hear from a player you had not heard from for over a week.

Fight On!!

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

MickOz may be the first person to finish. I'll have to check. He's finished because he's a freeloader...I mean freelancer...um...IOW, his wife thinks he has a job, but he doesn't. :D

_______

My wife understands that my real job is out there amidst the rumble of artillery, the shouts of men in need of leadership and the throaty growls of tank engines warming up in the pre-dawn hours. It's a calling! But I don't know if she's going to be over the moon about me heading to the Russian front.. even though I've promised to write.

Bertram and I rolled a bunch of turns in the last two days. This is good, for he's about to become

CM incommunicado until Friday. He's the last of my five games, and I have three AARs done.

Treeburst155, are you okay with the unconventional one I submitted earlier?

Regards,

John Kettler

Hi,

My apologise to the players of the last two games.

This weekend was heavy DIY and sorting out my tattered finances.

This week is another one which will be dominated by DIY and trying to finish the project.

I might get a turn or two out but don't rely on it.

Sorry chaps...

:(

H

P.s. I think we have enough time to finish the games if we can continue as we were before I bombed out on you.

Please let me know if you have any holidays comming up that might preclude us from that aim?

Originally posted by White4:

And then there was one game left. Has anyone heard from Jazza lately? He mentioned some Real Life issues last week...

Jazza and me traded a turn Jul 17 (he) and 18 (me).

As a side note, my performance in this tournament is absymal, just like last Summer. I should stop playing wargames when I have other stress, this will be embarassing.

Only 9 out of 60 for tourney 1 :eek: and 2 of them are mine?

And I thought I was lagging.

TB I haven’t received a turn from MrSpkr for a couple of weeks now. The last email I received said he was in the process of setting up a new machine and I should receive turns over the last weekend.

Nothing yet.

Alls quiet on the western front.