Pre-Order Your Peng Challenge Today!

Let's take a vote for the good of The One True Thread. Your choices:

a) Roxy adds fun to the MBT because she is a mystery. She should remain a mystery and continue to post.

4) Roxy (deliberately not bolded) should spill the beans, and/or leave the MBT. She makes me uncomfortable and detracts from my enjoyment of the MBT due to the questions surrounding her. Her deceit is not fun or funny.

3b) I don't give a hootin' holler in hell about Roxy, or Roxy, one way or the other. She can stay or leave as he/she/it pleases.

C'mon now, polls are open. Speak your mind.

[ August 14, 2002, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Roxy ]

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Brother(sister?) I really don't care, either, so I vote for C. However, I am speaking from a strictly philosophical point of view when I ask: why can't you spill the beans and STAY?

(My previous post was solely for the gendarme and bearded lady bit, nothing really directed towards you. That is, unless you really are Brittney Spears. If so, I was counting the days till your 18th, ahhh good times...)

Originally posted by Roxy:

a) Roxy adds fun to the MBT because she is a mystery. She should remain a mystery and continue to post.

4) Roxy (deliberately not bolded) should spill the beans, and/or leave the MBT. She makes me uncomfortable and detracts from my enjoyment of the MBT due to the questions surrounding her. Her deceit is not fun or funny.

3b) I don't give a hootin' holler in hell about Roxy, or Roxy, one way or the other. She can stay or leave as he/she/it pleases.

I vote for 4A - Roxy should buy me beer immediately. If He/She is a female then she should have a plump rump that sways as she sashays here and there. Now if Roxy is really a male, then he should buy me beer and stay a safe distance away from me because of my homophobia.

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

I've only taunted Persephone once, and that was before i knew the rules here about ladies. If you were clear about your sex i would refrain from taunting you as well, so for now i'll just call you Pat. :D

Since it is not nice to taunt someone because of resemblences they have to both sexes, i'll refrain from taunting you. :D

Hey Forlorn Focker, you spelled Persephone wrong!

Hehe...Just joking you nong! :D

Persephone

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

However, I am speaking from a strictly philosophical point of view when I ask: why can't you spill the beans and STAY?

I'm with Panzer Leader on this one.</font>

Originally posted by Persephone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

I've only taunted Persephone once, and that was before i knew the rules here about ladies. If you were clear about your sex i would refrain from taunting you as well, so for now i'll just call you Pat. :D

Since it is not nice to taunt someone because of resemblences they have to both sexes, i'll refrain from taunting you. :D

Persephone</font>

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

SomeNachos, you make a point or two worth considering, then as usual venture off to some unkempt corner of your brain where apparently all that IS required to amuse you is the sound of your own effeminate voice.

I understand. You are intimidated by my ability to go on about something at almost pathological length. My run-on sentences and convoluted sentence structure fills you with the fear that we may not be speaking the same language, and that it is you that have chosen the wrong language for your posts. Your sense of insecurity in the face of the very oddness of many of my remarks has caused you to attribute female characteristics to me to shore up your own growing fear that you may no longer be a man.

You have every right to be afraid; to be,in fact, very, very afraid.

Currently, I know, you read my posts and sneer to yourself. You tell yourself "you know, I'm just going to skip over these from now on." Too late, lad. Soon, you will be unable to skip a single one of my posts. Within weeks, you will read many of them over and over. The longer they are, the more times you will re-read them.

Finally, you will notice your own written communications begin to change. Increasingly, everything you write, from posts here to your own work writings, will come to resemble and follow the form of my posts.

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

Now I'd be willing to cop to a certain amount of responsibility for this entire outbreak when I very politely, and mind you with the utmost best intentions, pointed out to YK2 that a certain comment she'd made might, just might reflect negatively on her intelligence quotient. (Oh ok I started the whole thing. There. Happy?)

But I must ask the question, does this quote remind you of a Lady of the Pool?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I wouldn't Piss on you if you were on fire.

Or does it rather bring to mind a Madame of the Pool Room?</font>

Originally posted by Goanna:

I for one will not be taunting YK2 or Persephone but will not be not doing it for the deluded reasons of the Bard. I instead choose the following reasons:

Persephone has skills and makes me laugh, even when I am the subject of her "art". I also squired Patch back when that was the done thing and it just wouldn't be cricket to begin wanton abuse now. Also, I still view Patch as a bit of cherished oddity around here, a flower that somehow manages to flourish and maintain her demeanor despite the constant diet of effluent.

YK2 takes care of the French, and what need more be said, really.

Thanks ÃœberLizard!

redface.gif

Persephone

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

However, I am speaking from a strictly philosophical point of view when I ask: why can't you spill the beans and STAY?

I'm with Panzer Leader on this one.</font>

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

For there is a hint of the truth in Boxy's real name. The Spares are actually the multiple (hence not Spare) rolls of fat, or spare tires, that surround Boxy's midsection.

Are you saying that Roxy is infact the Michelin man?

I vote for A with a side of 3b and can you SuperSize that?

I believe that Roxie Horror Picture Show's posts are witty and filled with a certain insouciance that wafts past me like a breath of fresh air.

She is a free (or, I assume reasonably affordable) person and whether she chooses to stay or go is entirely up to her. Likewise with her nom de guerre. If she wants to keep a measure of suspense in the atmosphere, good for her.

Roxie, may I call you Roxie? I feel as if you're the son/daughter I was never made aware of. We're here to have fun. If you're having fun, by all means stay.

On the other hand, I would like MrSpnker to leave forthwith, or even thirdwith as he is a huge git and is beating the tar out of me in our game.

I has spoke.

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

I know this for a fact, since I am subjected to her caterwauling at home by my eldest son. Oh, the shame of it all...)

You've bred?! You have children?!!

Another dream of giving evolution a leg up shattered.

If this keeps up, we'll be able to empty the gene pool with a serving spoon.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Persephone:

Persephone</font>

More than one answer?

I'm confused.