CMBB in Canada yet??

Well a three day Telus ADSL outage has prevented me from posting.

My Mac CD - order number 90559 on September 18 - arrived on October 1 in Surrey - a suburb of Vancouver. The $5 software declaration for customs was still attached, and I wasn't charged anything additional.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Well in Canada it sounds like Mac disk discrimination to Me :mad:

all the mac guys here are still waiting for the disks grrr..

Is there a PC CMBB conspiracy at work here?? :confused:

Enquiring minds want to know!

-tom w

( Posted in good humour smile.gif )

(sort of :( )

Tom....

The mac version arrived in Toronto for me

about 2 days ago...so there is still hope.

Deadline

Well I received a Fed EX parcel receipt yesterday. I can only assume that this is an emergency replacement disk for my defective CD that I could not run at all.

If so that is a fantastic response to my problem (3days).

This company certainly keeeps its word. I just hope they BLAST their manufacturing company they contracted out the duplication of the CD's too.

Anyways Bravo BATTLEFRONT for the second to none customer service!!

Originally posted by chris talpas:

Well Tom,

Call it a persuasive argument to change to a PC tongue.gif

Chris

(not really fair to kick a guy when he is down)

I think Sgt Shultz ude to say (in a German Accent)...

"Oh you Jolly Joker !!"

smile.gif

I sure hope it arrives today!

-tom w

Just got my Bundle Pack from local Shopper's Drug Mart. Now installing CMBB ans it DOES take very long. smile.gif

BTS declared my mail as US$5 worth SOFTWARE(!). However, Canada Customs didn't believe that. So they checked and decided "Value for Duty" is $40, so Duty is0, GST is $2.8 but Handling Fee is $5.0. So I paid $7.8 ransom. smile.gif

I must say that it's quite unfair for me to blame Canada Customs and Canada Post early this week. Actually they did a very good job this time and almost no delay at all on my mail. I got my package almost 1 week late simply because it stayed somewhere for a whole week. smile.gif

Best wishes to all you guys who are still crossing your fingers. Everyone would be satisfied soon, I think.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wally's World:

Heh, heh! Wait until our most glorious leader Ralph Klein leads Alberta to separate from Canada. tongue.gif Then us Albertans will get our own superior border customs agency and future CMs will arrive in record time. :D

Why do you think I got mine a week ago? Provincial Sales Tax is slowing it up for these other poor devils. HAHA tongue.gif </font>

So, would it be rude of me to mention that it showed up in the middle of ferking nowhere on the praires the morning of Monday the 30th? [[Eek!]]

And that there were no customs charges for the 2xCM:BB and TacOps 4 in the package? [[Cool]]

---------------

Well, I can tell you that Edmonton, Alberta, is tonight a dark, cold and lonely place. Not like that's unusual, but if I had the game I wouldn't tend to notice.

Ah well, I'll put my feet up for the weekend and listen for the postman on Monday.

Originally posted by Jagdratt:

My Mac CD - order number 90559 on September 18 - arrived on October 1 in Surrey - a suburb of Vancouver. The $5 software declaration for customs was still attached, and I wasn't charged anything additional.

Let the rejoicing cease. The game won't install.

Damn.

Originally posted by Canuck:

I'm not buying the game till the dollar shoots up to 70 cents!!!

Next week maybe?

In light of the throne speech?

Where our fearless leader wants to carve out his legacy through all kinds of new social programs and possible tax increases?

You may be waiting a long time.

Chris

Well, all you fellow Canadian CM types, you can now kick my ass on both fronts now. My copy arrived on October 3, in Leduc, Alberta (look at a map). I particularly liked that $5 value and gift declaration, it got my copy through the customs gauntlet unscathed, Thanks Battlefront. I guess I should have ordered Tacops4 at the same time, but I am still hoping the Army buys copies so I can get it that way (I'm such a cheap b*****d sometimes). Unfortunately I had to go to Wainwright to freeze my ass off this weekend, and haven't had any time to play it, but I did install it with no problems, so I guess I avoided that potential headache. Hey Harv, send up setup, if you are so inclined.