Looks like piracy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by laxx:

you know BFC has Made it when pirated versions are being sold in ebay...

Then I guess I should be glad that he's also selling Arx Fatalis - made by Arkane Studios. Arkane and BFC could maybe have a basketball game together, without any subs. They do have a publisher tho (JoWood).

Truth be known, the artwork on the copy he's selling actually looks a little better than the real thing.

I don't know if it's piracy but I do know this is the second one this person has sold. They had the exact same item up for bid which ended mid last week. Then one day later the same item is up for bid again.

BTW, it sold for around $30.

[ December 22, 2002, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: sluggo ]

I sent the following info to Ebay:

This looks to be a pirated copy as the artwork shown is not correct. Nor is the E rating from the real game. This game is available from the original publisher, Battlefront.com and their European distributor CDV. CDV sells only in Europe under BFC's agreement. All other sales which would include Thailand would have been mailorder only from BFC. BFC's artwork is not what is shown on the CD depicted in the sale.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by BulletRat:

I dunno about the rest of you guys but I burn a backup and use that to play off - keep the original in mint condition. (Just something I do with all me games.)

Ditto that. I've been doing that since the C-64 days on 5 1/4"s. Now I burn two copies for myself, and sell the originals on e-Bay to get as much $$$ back as possible. I just pad the shipping costs to cover the cost of buying the game at EB or wherever.

As for piracy, hey, it's only illegal if you get caught.

Originally posted by Sunflower Farm Boy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BulletRat:

I dunno about the rest of you guys but I burn a backup and use that to play off - keep the original in mint condition. (Just something I do with all me games.)

Ditto that. I've been doing that since the C-64 days on 5 1/4"s. Now I burn two copies for myself, and sell the originals on e-Bay to get as much $$$ back as possible. I just pad the shipping costs to cover the cost of buying the game at EB or wherever.

As for piracy, hey, it's only illegal if you get caught.</font>

Yes - Hope sunflower gets twatted round the head. I only sell games on Ebay when I have finished playing with them and know I wont be using them again. (I.e. CMBO and CMBB are not gonna be sold by me for 3-5 years..).

Twats who claim that piracy is not theft are exactly the sort of student wankers who think that all property is theft - until you start taking THEIR stuff. Sunflower, can I have your home address? We would like to burgle your pc and hifi...

G :mad: