Looks like piracy

(Deleted)

There have been some strange posts on the forums before, but I never thought I would see the day when members tell the world they are stealing from Battlefront. I vote we turn Master Goodale loose on them! :mad: :mad: GRRR! :mad: :mad:

Molten TNT is too good for them!

(Andreas, you are correct.)

[ December 23, 2002, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by barrold713:

So under the "Any Port in a Storm" theory, I guess he certainly could have been your boyfriend. You Norwegians are a swinging lot. :D

I don't think you can compare your rent with copying software. If the payment to your landlord were based on occupancy of 1 person and then you moved others in for whatever reason then this would be equal to having a copy of the game on your friend's computer.

BDH

I suppose legally it would depend if he and his friend shared the computer or not, most licences are framed in the terms of how many computers the licence applies to, not the number of people using the computer. Realisitically I don't see what he's doing, if they have separate computers, is much different from someone buying a piece of software and installing it on their own computer and then also on the kids' computer. When Microsoft tooks steps to prevent this with Windows XP, they got a lot of stick from people who normally condemn piracy vigourously.

Dave, Rostik, it is slightly bad form to post information on pirated download opportunities on a software producer's forum (I am sure Sunflowerfarmblödi sees that differently too).

I think it would be good if you could edit your posts to remove that information.

Originally posted by Andreas:

Dave, Rostik, it is slightly bad form to post information on pirated download opportunities on a software producer's forum (I am sure Sunflowerfarmblödi sees that differently too).

I think it would be good if you could edit your posts to remove that information.

GOOD suggestion!

Poor form definatly

smile.gif

-tom

[ December 23, 2002, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]