Learn to spell 'Lose'!

This and other gross errors of usage (and I am not including those whose mother tongue is not English; I sympathize fully with their problems) really get up my nose. I generally keep quiet about it because beyond a certain point, bringing it up just makes one seem like he's got a bug up his ass, and that would be placing the blame where it emphatically does not belong.

People who simply cannot be bothered to use their own language correctly are just lazy slobs. There, I've said it!

Michael

We have this guy in S'ydney called Apostrophe Man writing letter's to editor's of anything hating any misplaced apostrophe's. Especially apostrophe's where they're not needed in plural's. And as for loose and lose, I can live with that.

I kinda suspect that less than perfect spelling and grammar is a sign that you're out there talking to the world on the net. If the message they want to send gets through to you, it aint so bad.

Imagine if we all had to post here in Finnish?

Suppose peopllee have faat fingerss and theyy just hit the keeys twice byy acident, but they really are literatte and fluennt in their native tongues. Keyyboarding is ann art that muust be learned, just like writting and speaaking, and spellingg

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by REVS:

Imagine if we all had to post here in Finnish?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to suggest posting in Dutch, but someone else won the originality bonus. That would make it a lot easier on yours truly. ;) However I don't think the general standard is all that bad.

Mies

This and other gross errors of usage (and I am not including those whose mother tongue is not English; I sympathize fully with their problems) really get up my nose. I generally keep quiet about it because beyond a certain point, bringing it up just makes one seem like he's got a bug up his ass, and that would be placing the blame where it emphatically does not belong.

People who simply cannot be bothered to use their own language correctly are just lazy slobs. There, I've said it!

Like putting comers before and tongue.gif

Sorry for the last post... I must admit loose and lose is one of the few that grates on me. But (if Shakespear can do it so can I) the point I was making is that English is a complex unstructured language. It is often far too easy to find errors in posts. So what? I am more interested in the meaning than the syntax.