Going back to CMBO?

Hey, just curious here...now that CMBB is out, will you guys ever go back to playing CMBO? I mean, all these new features, new units, and better graphics...it's hard for me to go back to the western front!

So I am just wondering if anyone feels the same way.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dalem:

West Front interests me more than East Front. . .

Are you token off the crack pipe?! :eek:

I'm sure that after a few months of BB, that I will revisit BO from time to time. It's just that BB is a totally superior game in all aspects; including it's theater of war. The east front had so many more epic battles over a much longer period of the war. It can be argued that the German/Russo conflict was the center of WWII's outcome. If the Germans had won, what do you think would have happened with D-Day? Aborted, thats what.

[ October 06, 2002, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

id go back to CMBO if they apply all the stuff they have on BB to BO...graphics, more poly's etc etc....the east doesnt really interest me as well but with the new features i'll be playing it mostly....

[ October 06, 2002, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: MrNoobie ]

West front interests me more as well, but CMBB is the better game in technical aspects. I'd love to CMBO brought up to snuff, I hope it'll happen though I'm not holding my breath.

As for whether the Allies could have beaten Germany without Russia, yes, I'd say they could. (with greater difficulty and time, for sure.)

I'll go back to CMBO if CMBB runs out of Russians. And from what I can read from the field reports, that certainly doesn't appear likely.

Where the heck are the Russians getting these troops? They should have run out ages ago. I figured the 600,000+ we captured at Kiev was going to wrap things up. But they just keep coming! Where are these troops coming from? Tell headquarters this is going to take awhile longer than we first thought.

Man, its getting cold.

[ October 06, 2002, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: kump ]

Originally posted by busboy:

As for whether the Allies could have beaten Germany without Russia, yes, I'd say they could. (with greater difficulty and time, for sure.)

Are you nuts?! Do you have any idea how much military resources the east tied up for the Germans?! If Germany had won the war in the east, there is no way in hell the western allies could have hoped to open and hold a beachhead on any european shore. They would have been shoved back into the sea within days, maybe even hours.

I am an American, and am pround of what we did for the war effort, but it would have counted for almost nothing if it had not been for the millions and millions of Russians that tied up most of Hitlers troops in the east. Man, you need to read up on things a little before you post. ;)

vader's right on this one. russia defeated germany, we just helped them, ALOT.

as for cmbo, it aint going anywhere, its still a great game. although im gonna let it collect some dust for awhile. then get back into it. hopefully!

as to "if the germans had won in the east" the facts are that Joe Stalin DEMANDED the allies open a second front or suffer the consequences of Russia signing ANOTHER non aggression pact.

Actually without Stalin's threats Normandy probably would never have been an option, but with it the stage was set.

BigJim

Originally posted by Jim Harrison:

as to "if the germans had won in the east" the facts are that Joe Stalin DEMANDED the allies open a second front or suffer the consequences of Russia signing ANOTHER non aggression pact.

Actually without Stalin's threats Normandy probably would never have been an option, but with it the stage was set.

BigJim

You have the Normandy invasion confused with the Invasion of Sicily and Italy here.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

CMBO is still on my hard drive so my wife can finish her game with Seanachai. Once he admits defeat, it will get deleted. CMBB is so much superior to CMBO from a technical side... and the West Front 44-45 has to be the most boring part of WW2

Yep.

(Except for the Seanachai part, I cut him off)

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

as for cmbo, it aint going anywhere, its still a great game. although im gonna let it collect some dust for awhile. then get back into it. hopefully!

Hmm I don't ever recall the Russians firebombing Dresden, or destroying German war production factories.

Why don't we all take equal credit for it? smile.gif

Originally posted by Canuck:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Hmm I don't ever recall the Russians firebombing Dresden, or destroying German war production factories.

Why don't we all take equal credit for it? smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Sure CMBB has much better graphics but I'll still play CMBO ( took too long to get all those CMMOS mods to just delete it like that ) it's still the best Western Front game that I own.

Rob just took the words out of my mouth, and still the best West front game ever made

I still play it! :D