Some rather "BIG" news...Check out the main BFC page...

Beyond interesting. Looks great. The detail on the weapons and ammo, on the formations, on the order types - all impressive. And I won't mind the real time (which ordinarily I dislike in strategy games) as long as it can be paused.

Now, please tell us that eventually we will be able to import or create other maps for it. Then it will become the operational level all the CM *campaign* fans among us have always wanted. Hey, we can dream, no?

Originally posted by JasonC:

...And I won't mind the real time (which ordinarily I dislike in strategy games) as long as it can be paused...

According to the overview it can be sped up, slowed down, or paused.

Disclaimer: Just constructive critisim here.

Odd that you would pick something that the boys at Atomic already did years ago, although in more detail and from a diffrent scale.

And also odd that you would try and compete with TOAW which now covers a timeframe from the late 1800s to the early 21st century. Granted TOAW is not perfect, but does an amazing job of modeling operation level warfare. hex or no hex.

Good luck to you guys, but I'm sad your going to cover such a short time frame and area of warfare. Sad what happened to TOAW with all the sequels and having to crank out another 45 bucks for the latest version.

Wow!

Looks fantastic! smile.gif

Too bad I'm a Mac user.

But this "ALMOST" makes me wanna get a windows machine. (Almost.) ;)

I love the "what-if" hints. Like being able to pick a different strategy? Maybe pick some landing zones closer to Arnhem? Land the Polish on the same day? (If that was even possible?)

Cooooool

Gpig

Hey lighten up! I for one have been so starved for interesting and lovingly crafted computer wargames throughout the years that I'll be happy to embrace another, no matter what scale and theatre smile.gif

Besides, no wargames plays just as the next one. The continual evolutionary process in design and research also means that new games often catch, or try to catch, some of the many elusive angles of the battles portrayed, that those who came before it missed.

It looks very interesting, reminds me of Road to Moscow in the way the game play is described. Fluid execution is a thing of the future and here's to hoping the future is now!

--

A realistic command and control system enables you to give orders to HQ's that in turn develop their own plans for their subordinate units. For the micro manager there is still the option to issue orders to every unit. Enjoy the best of both worlds with this innovative and powerful command system.
Sweet smile.gif

--

I remember buying an East Front table top game about ten years ago, pretty sure it was from the same company. Anyone know if Panther games is a group of teams or the name of one team like BTS?

Good luck and sign me up for a copy.

M.

[ March 27, 2002, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: Mattias ]

Originally posted by Mattias:

I remember buying an East Front table top game about ten years ago, pretty sure it was from the same company. Anyone know if Panther games is a group of teams or the name of one team like BTS?

You are probably thinking of "Trial of Strength", Panther's first game, put out in 1985.

Panther is a small team/company, based in Canberra Australia.

Good luck and sign me up for a copy.

M.

How about two? ;)

A realistic command and control system enables you to give orders to HQ's that in turn develop their own plans for their subordinate units. For the micro manager there is still the option to issue orders to every unit. Enjoy the best of both worlds with this innovative and powerful command system.
Hey, can we have it in CM, too??? (imagine a graemlin for 'long for' here)

[ March 27, 2002, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: Puff the Magic Dragon ]

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Please tell me this isn't taking time away from CM:BB . . .

Observation is not one of your strong points, is it? ;)

If you look at the site properly, you'll notice a banner for Panther Games.

As stated by Rincewind above:

Xx) It's an Aussie Company; and

666) they've published some excellent military board games back in the 80s (eg Trial of Strength)

BTS is obviously acting as a distributor, and thus there should be little impact on the CMBB release date.

Mace

Originally posted by Puff the Magic Dragon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

Isn't this off topic and should be in the general forum? :confused:

Moderators, fix or somefink :D

PLAGIATOR!!! I WAS THE FIRST ONE ;) </font>

A realistic command and control system enables you to give orders to HQ's that in turn develop their own plans for their subordinate units.
Better have a good AI!!

The only other thing I can say is: When is the East front version coming out? Operational level and East front go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Hi,

Sounds great, outstanding.

There is without doubt a gap in the market for a quality operational game system; it looks as though this will fill the gap. Some twenty odd years ago I played a lot of operational war games and it looks to me as though all the issues and wish lists of demands have been met. I am certainly up for it and will be ordering a game.

Now lets see an Eastern Front version; may as well get the lobbying started straight away!

Variable speed and pause-able real time is also perfect for this scale.

BTS, go for it in getting these guys to design an operational layer for CM that could be bought as an add-on. There is demand for it. It is one of the rational next steps in the development of CM to have a quality operational layer.

In my view the scales at which wargames work best are the Squad Leader/CM scale where the individual manoeuvre units are individual tanks and infantry squads plus the operational scale where battalions/companies are the manoeuvre units. Bringing to two together is an obvious target to aim at.

All the best,

Kip.

[ March 27, 2002, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: kipanderson ]

Hi,

Yup, now I have had time to read the website another time I am even more impressed. The truly impressive feature is the list of factors that one can adjust for. All the issues seem to have been covered.

Guys, when can we expect the game? To release all this information without any news on “when” is a bit hard on all us would be fans.

All the best,

Kip.