***Rumblings Of War II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl***

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Juha Ahoniemi:

You must mean "the Aftermath" where You played the Axis? Here is some statistics from Nordic warriors:

Scenario [ The_Aftermath ] medians [ 41.25 58.75 ]

(allied on the left, Axis on the right obviously)

Whose that "overwhelmingly superior one" force was again? :D

But feel free to be satisfied with Yourself... ;)

The interesting thing about that scenario was that the Nordic Wannabees scored exactly opposite.

Scenario [ The_Aftermath ] medians [ 59 41 ]

I figured the real nordics are just reckless :D

Guys,

The first five scenarios have been completed and sent to Mike. I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank the Boots & Tracks team members for all their hard work. In case you don't know, they are:

Designer/Testers

Wild Bill

Rune

Franko

Tester/Designers

Kinch

Mad Italian

Rocky

ACTOR

wwb

Scott B

Smitty

jwxspoon

Buckeye

Reserves

Kingfish

Stix

Ro

Capitalistdoginchina

[ June 05, 2002, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

Hey Ted, how'd you decide on that order of billing? Doesn't look alphabetic to me! ;)

You guys are gonna have a good time. These are interesting, challenging, and just plain fun scenarios. Enjoy! :D

Hey, Winecape, how 'bout some wine for the scenario testers, too? Can't have the designers gulping all the vino!

[ June 05, 2002, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Buckeye ]

Originally posted by Buckeye:

Hey Ted, how'd you decide on that order of billing? Doesn't look alphabetic to me! ;)

Keith,

Okay, I grouped them for you. Within each group they are listed in order of seniority. Now, stop double-posting! tongue.gif

Important!

Your section schedules show a scenario called "Tiger Woods". Evidently, that was only a working title. The final title is "Another Day". So, the "Tiger Woods" schedule applies to "Another Day".

Attention TOURNEY I, Section 4!!

Wreck has been replaced by Diceman. You will receive an updated schedule/contact list soon.

Attention TOURNEY III, Section 3!!

You have no replacement at this time for Nemo. I'm giving backups time to respond before moving down the backup list. You will receive an updated schedule/contact list when we have a replacement.

Files are going out now. The invasion has begun!! It is a slow tedious process however, requiring extreme care on my part. Be patient. The boats are crossing the channel now, but there are LOTS of boats! smile.gif

Treeburst155 out.

Scenario designer's names have been removed from the briefings to prevent tactics based on known design styles. :D When the tourney is over the scenario designers will be announced so you'll know who to blame for your wretched performance. :D

Thanks, Boots & Tracks, for the scenarios!!

Treeburst155 out.

I see know reason why screenshots of the maps should be verboten IF you don't show any units or setup zones. That's VERY important! Triple check before you post. Make sure no unit is selected. Come to think of it, the very nature of a shot not showing setup zones may give away the setup zones.

The only way is to edit out the zones and units for screenshot purposes. You cannot do that with the saved game file you have. I will send you cleaned up maps for screenshots. Sound good?

EDIT: The VLs will have to be removed too since they could give something away too. We'll have to be very careful here.

Um......I will have to send you screenshots. I can't even send you cleaned up cmbs because of the parameters screen. Too much chance of a slip up.

Treeburst155 out.

[ June 06, 2002, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Hehe....I can't send you screenshots to post because I'm using my ultra ugly "War Room" mod. Only Ben Galanti and I can stand it. Everybody else will go blind if they gaze on it too long. LOL!!

Besides, it won't do the beautiful maps justice.

I will ask SuperTed if he or his designers would like to supply sanitized screenshots.

Treeburst155 out.

Visom,

The goal is 90 days from the date the last file is sent out. Let's say September 15th. We'll throw in an extra few days. I can almost guarantee you at least ten people won't make it by then, but we have to wait on them due to the scoring system.

I've thought of penalizing players for being too slow, but it's often difficult to determine who is the cause of the delay. Many times it is both players who can't keep up the pace, I think.

The Nabla Scoring System is the best there is IMO; but in order for it to work, the players must play diligently so as not to hold everything up. My fingers are crossed.

Treeburst155 out.

Hey Treeburst.

At the start of NWT, there was a posting for gamey pointers for future opponents to discuss. I am pretty tired of this entire issue personally, but it may be best to repost those pointers now before we get much further.

I'm (by nature) a lazy man, so if this has already been brought up, please disregard.